• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

What will replace the 10mm free pistols?

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
I love the 10 mm. I'll be sad to see the stock run out. However ...

We still have the Type 28 GSP

and the 28A GSP.

These could definitely be handed out.

In case there is confusion -- 10x25 mm KZ = 10 mm Auto, essentially. Wikipedia's article is a good source on the round, but suffice to say it's a biggun.

The GSPs all shoot the same ammunition as the 10 mm, Wes decided, even though it says .40-caliber on the gun page (which is, of course, also 10 mm).

Reactions: Wes
So...can those who have already ordered a 10mm order these?

*Yaichiro holds third gun in teeth, toward his foe, like Zolo's third sword.*

"PLEPAW TO FASHE DA THREE GUN TECHNIQUE!!!"

Well, I was thinking about it, and the 10mm MPP should really be firing 9mm rounds (or even crappy 8mm like the Nambu). It doesn't look beefy enough for 10mm. Of course, there's way too many references to it IC to make retroactive changes. For the record, the Type 28 and 28A GSPs are no longer produced either; the 28B, hoever, is still being made and would be the most likely candidate to replace the 28 MPP.

The Free 10mm Pistol Offer is still limited to one per soldier.

I don't understand why the Star Army of Yamatai includes a pistol in its uniform only to offer another gun, and a solid-ammo type at that. If you are going to include another free pistol, why not just add it to the default uniform package?

The standard-issue is part of the uniform, the free issue is not. That may not sound important, but it really is.

Besides, some people don't like energy pistols, and some people don't like solid-ammo. There are similar preferences in today's weapons, this is simply an extention of it.

Reactions: Wes
Kotori said:
I don't understand why the Star Army of Yamatai includes a pistol in its uniform only to offer another gun, and a solid-ammo type at that. If you are going to include another free pistol, why not just add it to the default uniform package?
One is issued and must be returned (the standard issue) but the other (the free one) is a permanent gift to the soldier from the Star Army that can be taken along even after retirement.

I protest. Yukari already bought a 28B.

Yeah, the MPP (Mass Production Pistol) doesn't quite have the feel of a Bren-Ten does it. But so it goes.

FIX THE LIBERATOR'S CALIBER ALREADY. *grins*

Ah, I had forgot to upload the corrected one last night. Fixed now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…