Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

What would be a good main cannon for a Nepleslian Ship?

RazealK

Inactive Member
I'm designing basically a cannon ship..but I need a main cannon.
It's a Nepleslian automated prototype long range artillery ship.

Sorry, should have been more specific x.x
It's energy based, and splits similar to the zentradi ships from Macross/Robotech.
And how the bleeping bleepity bleep does an antimater railgun work?

Ahh I see, Sort of like Babylon 5's PPG handguns.
So a magnetic field surrounds the anti-matter and dissapates on impact with the target, this causing said anti-matter to come in contact with normal matter, further negating each others existence?
I normally use metal slugs for railguns, and was recently playing around with warheads that release deadly radiation when they penetrate a ships hull.

An energy-based cannon that splits open to fire...
Sounds to me like you're thinking of a plasma cannon of some sort.
It's either that or you want some sort of device that collects raw unpurified force and directs it in a wave towards the target, in which case you should look up Wave Motion Gun.

I decided on a modified version of the Nepleslian Battleship's main cannon, with reduced fire rate and increased range. This would be more of a long range pinpoint weapon, like a sniper ship. The wave motion would be reserved for Fleet Destroyers, if that class or something similar is so approved. I would also like to thank you all for your help, and the pic Wes =D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back