• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

What would be a good main cannon for a Nepleslian Ship?

RazealK

Inactive Member
I'm designing basically a cannon ship..but I need a main cannon.
It's a Nepleslian automated prototype long range artillery ship.

Sorry, should have been more specific x.x
It's energy based, and splits similar to the zentradi ships from Macross/Robotech.
And how the bleeping bleepity bleep does an antimater railgun work?

Ahh I see, Sort of like Babylon 5's PPG handguns.
So a magnetic field surrounds the anti-matter and dissapates on impact with the target, this causing said anti-matter to come in contact with normal matter, further negating each others existence?
I normally use metal slugs for railguns, and was recently playing around with warheads that release deadly radiation when they penetrate a ships hull.

An energy-based cannon that splits open to fire...
Sounds to me like you're thinking of a plasma cannon of some sort.
It's either that or you want some sort of device that collects raw unpurified force and directs it in a wave towards the target, in which case you should look up Wave Motion Gun.

I decided on a modified version of the Nepleslian Battleship's main cannon, with reduced fire rate and increased range. This would be more of a long range pinpoint weapon, like a sniper ship. The wave motion would be reserved for Fleet Destroyers, if that class or something similar is so approved. I would also like to thank you all for your help, and the pic Wes =D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back