• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC What would you as a community like my next project to be?

If I return to GMing, what would you as a community like my next project to be?

• Revive original Orochi Squadron - high energy, shoot 'em up space battles vs. Kuvexians

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (suggestion welcomed)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

paladinrpg

Inactive Member
Hey everyone, after going over a few of my old threads and plot notes in light of the major reorganization that people like Andrew have brought to the game, I realize that while RP'ing individual characters can be fun and engaging, the best way I can contribute to the universe is still through a majority focus on storytelling and worldbuilding. :)

If I was to take another stab at resuming the GM mantle (and most importantly now freed of a lot of the restrictions on my free time that existed before), what would you, the SARP community at large, want to see out of a plot? What would be the most fun?

Thread is open to all honest critiscisms and suggestions, please.

Welcome back to SARP Paladin.

It would be great to see you back and in the mix of things; maybe finish up some existing projects before you start new ones? Lots of history to update etc. In terms of your list, an open RP is always a great idea!

I appreciate the concerns, and they are of course valid... I'm currently focused on the Yugumo revival meta for the most part, and the YSS Mazu & Wakaba are going to be reflecting that.

But I'd like to have a background thing I can work on to fit into this puzzle, and would appreciate feedback on whether my old ideas were a better vehicle for that, or to go in another direction with any future efforts and not waste my limited time.

This is really hard to choose. Whatever is the most fun for you.

Do what inspires you most, not what might inspire other people. Asking “the community” what they’d like to see is nice in theory, but at the end of the day telling the RP story you most love will both keep your attention and hold the interest of others more than any attempt to tailor a plot to a wide range of people.

That said, your Open RP choice is winning, and that’s a good choice because there is little risk in the undertaking with essentially no setup required.

Just remember that an RP is not something that can be done in the background. I hope to see you involved more soon. Joining an RP sometimes helps the community more than anything : ]

RPG-D RPGfix
Back