• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Where can Elysian Characters go?

Tyler

Inactive Member
With the faction "dead" is there anywhere safe for those characters to go if you want to continue playing them?

Re: Elysian Characters

• Yamatai: Understandably grumpy over many years of war, Yamataians have somewhat of an exclusion policy. Even with the Species Restriction Act repealed, don't join the 1XF or its affiliated fleets - that's asking for trouble.
  • Nepleslia: Nepleslians generally don't like Elysians, on account of that whole plague thing - even if the plague has been revealed as something else entirely, Neps aren't the kind to forgive. Still, a lot of younger neps are willing to give Elysians the benefit of the doubt.
  • UOC: They're gonna be the most forgiving, to be honest, but equipment is going to be limited as well. And that's not to say there won't still be bigotry.
  • Other opportunities: An independent ship would freely accept an Elysian - most of them are made of decent, forgiving folk. Oddly enough, you might choose to join the Lorath due to their similar physical form - you'd have to ask Doc about that, but you won't, because I'm sure that's not what you want.

I guess this might be a good place to bring up a threaded discussion on the Elysians? I think they've been more or less merged with Yamatai at this point, right? Or at least forced to serve them? I've not seen a ton of them since joining (maybe 3?) and it seems like they're one of our groups sorta in a limbo-stage in terms of who's playing them and who isn't.

Elysia is a quasi-independent Suzerainty, and Yamatai has its own Elysian population (and has had one since before the First Elysian War.) When I made one, the FM was missing, so Wes approved the character himself. There's no new FM yet, so far as I know, so the faction is in a spot of trouble.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back