Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Where is Victor?

Skhaal

Inactive Member
Alright I know I havn't been around for quite sometime but I've found myself more distant from the rp since I creaated the Ondhattr Race and end of the Taiie No Iori Plot. Especially after the 'Friend'y reguards of Cora and Last minute Critisism of various people. I have also found myself irritated by this new plotship, I have been heavily involved in Norse mythology and I can assure you, there is no japanese Word for 'Yggdrasil' if the ship is associated with YSA or even Naplasia as Yggdrasil is a NORSE term which means 'Odin Tree' or sometimes 'Woden Tree' However I do plan on coming back after I figure out how I am going to bring back Thaxarians, after I learn more about technology to Make it so I can Finally implement Ondhattr and then regain lost motivation. Sorry guys, contact me at Skullman_unlimited8888 on YIM.

... We know Yggdrasill is a Norse term, dude. It's okay. Seriously.

But come back as soon as you can! We need veteran players.

1. The Yggdrasill is a civilian vessel, and I named it that for the "Tree of Life" meaning, as it breathes new life into scraped parts it finds in space and sometimes acts as a rescue vessel. It is not affiliated formally with any military entity.

2. If you read around, the Geshrin/Yamataian/Neko races also have some Nordic base, though more so of a Japanese base. I believe there is still something in the forums or the site that states that they are based on the original Japanese and Nordic settlers of the planet. I just have to find it again.

Edit: found it.

https://stararmy.com/setting/species/Geshrin.html
"...the first Geshrin, who were mainly mirrored after the Japanese and Nordic humans that manned the original colony ships."

https://stararmy.com/ccg/unused/ccg_page3.html
"Nekovalkyrja tend to have Japanese or sometimes Norse names"

"Nekovalkyrja" is further evidence of this if you haven't read around, a combination of the Japanese "Neko" and the Norse "Valkyrja". Even if the Yggdrasill WERE affiliated with the SAoY, a Norse name, while uncommon compared to the Japanese naming system, WOULD be in keeping with the storyline.

An excellent point MM007. I'm glad someone else than me did his homework and noticed (I'm pleased you know this much already). Nordic mythos actually seems a major inspiration for someof the things that are on Yamatai, such as the alfar (elves).

MM007, I'm not sure if it's what you meant, but it seemed sort of like you were talking down to Victor. He knows what he's doing. The point of the post was to point out the hypocrisy of those who spouted bullshit about how there was no basis for his race to be based on Nordic origins, because Earth supposedly doesn't exist, or something like that. Frankly, it should worry the community, or at least Wes, that a veteran player like Skhaal was pushed from the RP for these reasons.

I'll probably end up seeing you around on Yahoo, Victor. Later.

It didn't seem like "talking down" to me; MM007 merely posted the (correct) facts.

I wasn't talking down, I'm aware that it is a hard detail to remember, because you can almost only find it if you read the while site, or are specifically looking, since it isn't posted in the newer stuff. The instances of encountering the detail ICly are even less likely.

I just put a fair amount of thought into the name of the vessel, and the points in my post were already in my head from the start. If it sounded negative or disrespectful, I'm sorry, but I am reading it again, and just don't see it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back