• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Who can buy Freespacer weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no Jessica, but I know 'spacers well enough, and I think the answer is "pretty much anyone".
The Free State doesn't have official import/export politics, and while large-scale exportations of military hardware probably require a majority vote (meaning that Nepleslia and Freespacer-friendly independent contractors are more likely to have access to them), 'spacer splinter groups and individual are free to do whatever they want, if they think it's for the good of the State.

Plus, after the Yamataian invasion, the Free State is starving for resources (since it had Freehold Factory, one of its main productive assets, completely destroyed), so, if they can find good deals, they'd probably barter them for industrial machinery or raw materials.

Last but not least, the war probably scattered a huge amount of those weapons around. Anyone could have come across a decent amount of them, either by chance or on the black market.

Doshii Jun said:
Jessica's gone, but we still have good technology left over. That includes The Fingale's Revenge rifle. Who the heck can buy it, or at the very least, use it?
All we have to do is look at the Public Communications Network to see they'll sell to anyone. Even Hanako was able to buy (anonymously) an Entropy's Shroud system to pimp her ship with. They've also sold stuff to pirates.

war probably scattered a huge amount of those weapons around.
I disagree. It wasn't a war, it was a slaughter--and the spacer lost an enormous percentage of their planetary factories to orbital bombardment. because of this, Freespacer tech should be a lot more rare for the next few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back