• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Who can pilot the Mindy and how? - as asked by Sosina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew

SARPiverse Culture Dreamer
Staff Member
🌟 Site Supporter
FM of Tsenlan
🌸 FM of Yamatai
Submissions Reviewer
🎖️ Game Master
Sosina — Today at 12:07 PM
I think your misunderstanding me
[12:07 PM]
I don't mind she can't pilot a Mindy
[12:07 PM]
if anything it fits, if she can avoid getting an implate all the better
[12:08 PM]
the Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors don't need one to control them and they state that they can some what keep up with a Mindy
so all's good (=w=)b
also limitations like this make the world feel more "real" you know?
[12:09 PM]
it also makes interesting choices to be made by having one have to look at other options since one is blocked off by requirements they can't meet, not because they are just lesser, but because it's just not in the cards due to somethign they couldn't control (=w=)b

Who can pilot a Mindy and how?​

Solution
Historically, if I remember correctly, the Mindy was only usable by Nekovalkyrja and characters in the Sakura plot that were human or weren't the right size (e.g. too tall) had to use a DAISY M6. For example, the Mindy 1H can only be operated with SPINE. By the Mindy 2D, though, there was a headset in the helmet that allowed anyone who fit to control the Mindy by reading the mind as a substitute for SPINE. This system was carried over to the Mindy 3 series, which was never fully adopted. The Mindy 4 apparently has this too but it's not explicitly stated. It just says, "Other (non-neko) users will require the helmet for proper operations."

I will update the Mindy 4 article to clarify its operation by persons without SPINE (such as...
For context the discussion in the worldbuilding discord channel,

Sosina — Today at 1:46 PM
okay so question about the world here...
The Mindy series of power armor all use the SPINE control system (and mention that is the only means of controlling them) however the sPINE system is Neko and Minkan only (as stated in the SPINE wiki page) the Daisy/golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors however have (or can be fitted with) the brain-reading control system that is not in the Mindy series, it's not even mentioned there, however Minkan's (unlike the Neko) can assess the helmet interface of a Mindy even if they take the helmet off (according to the wiki)
so my question is... how can Elysian and Separa'Shan pilot a mindy without SPINE?

Charaa — Today at 1:50 PM
Elysians have a special collar
not sure about Separa'shan but probably same

Sosina — Today at 1:51 PM
ah okay so them a human would have to go with the Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors then
older tech but still on par (the later models anyway) with a mindy at least
since it can be used by Nepleslian I assume humans can use them as well rather then hop in a Mindy that they can't use

Wes — Today at 1:53 PM
I think there's been some mention of a brain-reading headband as a poor man's SPINE substitute but yeah, you've got the general idea.

Sosina — Today at 1:55 PM
okay got it just means I have to edit Orianna's Character info for her to have a Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armor instead since the Mindy has a species limit on it anyway due to the control system
but shouldn't be an issue just means SAINT team La prossimma have a walking tank power armor with them XD

Charmaylarg Dufrain — Today at 1:57 PM
Might be able to use the collar the separa and elysians use. I'd check with the rizzler to see what he wants to do, Suzume is also used to being a walking tank but he made it seems like stealth is the goal at the end of the day and preferred I used something that provides that~

Sosina — Today at 1:59 PM
the Daisy has a stealth variant
as does the Harpy

Charaa — Today at 1:59 PM
good question though, Sosina, something i was thinking about for two different power armors

Sosina — Today at 2:00 PM
well it popped into my mind when I reread them and realized "crap... these can only be used by specifically listed species..."
then looked deeper and realized SPINE is only usable by Minkan/Neko,
the collar is designed to be used by Elysians so it's made specifically for them, and the Separa'shan have the same kind of set up, their means of controlling a mindy is specific to species
meaning a Nepleslian/human/nonmindy compatible race would have to use Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors
good news is the newer models are designed to at least keep up with Mindy's somewhat
Charmaylarg Dufrain — Today at 2:03 PM
I mean mini neko can pilot a mindy too just riding in its head like a pacific rim Jaeger too... Its more that SPINE is the optimal solution to piloting the armor for the species it was mde for.
But there are solutions for other species to pilot it as well. You just wont match a neko, though nobody will with her reflexes, spacial awareness, and computerized brain even without it.

Sosina — Today at 2:03 PM
lot literally in speed just I mean tech wise lol
the only optional controls for a Mindy are species specific
and only to Elysians and Separa'shan's
at least according to the Wiki
if there was a new one made or mentioned in a plot it has no Wiki entry at this moment
so it would be more a plot specific thing
not one I can say "well it was used in another plot so I can use it to"
XD
good news is as the wiki goes there are options like the Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors
which have a viable control system
and they are keep up with and in some cases surpass a mindy in certain aspects

Charmaylarg Dufrain — Today at 2:06 PM
Before the NTSE stuff was more or less made IC on the most part.
You found or innovated or made cool thing and then paged it later.
Dont look at the wall and assume theres no way over it. Just innovate and invent a solution like making the species controller compatible with humies. Find a patch somwhere to upload for it that they had laying around and is just awaiting quality-control groups in the military to officially give it the green light.

Sosina — Today at 2:07 PM
I think your misunderstanding me
I don't mind she can't pilot a Mindy
if anything it fits, if she can avoid getting an implate all the better
the Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors don't need one to control them and they state that they can some what keep up with a Mindy
so all's good (=w=)b
also limitations like this make the world feel more "real" you know?
it also makes interesting choices to be made by having one have to look at other options since one is blocked off by requirements they can't meet, not because they are just lesser, but because it's just not in the cards due to somethign they couldn't control (=w=)b

Soban — Today at 2:46 PM
Something I'll note is that some Separa'shan do have an experimental SPINE. In general, I've assumed that the poor man's spine is incorporated into the helmet/back and can do the same for any species with a similar head/body shape.

Sosina — Today at 3:02 PM
would be funny if Orianna could make full use of a Molly XD
just use the SQUID which doesn't need any implants
but considering it specifically states high regeneration or a synthecit pilot are recommended (though granted that doesn't mean she can't pilot it and get the most out of it)

Andrew — Today at 3:30 PM
Superconductive Quantum Interface Device (SQUID) on Star Army Space Roleplay SQUID has often been used to bridge the gap for other species too.
The Norians use Mindhive Technology on Star Army Space Roleplay

now the reason I say that likely Nepleslian/human/nonmindy compatible race would have to use Daisy/Golem/Harpy/Kylie power armors I.E. those that can't use SPINE. Would have to use those armors due to the fact that it seems the Mindy 3 and 4 models do not have the system in them, this is suggested by the fact that a specific work around was needed to allow Elysians and Separa'shan's to pilot them, if they needed work arounds then clearly those versions wouldn't have SQUID or a SQUID-like system in them or they Elysians and Separa'shan's wouldn't need work arounds to let them use the Mindy 3's and 4's

Historically, if I remember correctly, the Mindy was only usable by Nekovalkyrja and characters in the Sakura plot that were human or weren't the right size (e.g. too tall) had to use a DAISY M6. For example, the Mindy 1H can only be operated with SPINE. By the Mindy 2D, though, there was a headset in the helmet that allowed anyone who fit to control the Mindy by reading the mind as a substitute for SPINE. This system was carried over to the Mindy 3 series, which was never fully adopted. The Mindy 4 apparently has this too but it's not explicitly stated. It just says, "Other (non-neko) users will require the helmet for proper operations."

I will update the Mindy 4 article to clarify its operation by persons without SPINE (such as my infantry NPC Cassie who uses a Mindy in the RP on a regular basis). But the summary is the helmet has some sort of interface for humans/Elysians to use. As is often the case, I've got a big backlog of stuff to do so it could be a few days. I hope this answers your question. If not, let me know.

Solution
awwww nuts muh immusion T3T

jk

but on a serious note I would have to include my thoughts that maybe it could have been done due to an oversite? does your character use specifically a Mindy 4?

excuse my asking just I liked the Idea that Lore wise they might have split off development for Power armor to make better use of the control systems in use in both types

but that's just me and I am not really the one that made those PA my question was just brought up due to the wording leaving the use of them by non-neko/minkan/Elysians and Separa'shan's up in the air

but that's just me and I am not really the one that made those PA my question was just brought up due to the wording leaving the use of them by non-neko/minkan/Elysians and Separa'shan's up in the air
There's been an Elysian version (Ke-M2-4E) and a Separa'Shan version (Ke-M2-4S) of the Mindy in use for since YE 39.1, which means Elysians and Separa'shan have been using them for over 7 years. The versions have wings and a snake lower body, respectively.

fetch.php
HECK.png

yes I am aware of that, it's just the control section of the Mindy 4 was rather vague to the point that the section that read "other (non-neko races)" was misinturpeted by me to mean minkan, Elysians, and Separa'shan's as they were the only non-neko listed on the wiki page as being the other other races that could pilot them, the Elysians and Separa'shan's having seemingly their own versions of the suit explaining why they could without SPINE

someone without the prior knowledge of the SQUID system or those like it (like me for example) wouldn't have the reference to fill in that gap with the knowledge that everyone else that's been longer has had, compounded by when asking about the Mindy most people would link Directly to the Mindy 4 article as it's the most up to date version of the equipment.

but with this all cleared up (and maybe the Wiki edited to remove that Vagueness?) it shouldn't be an issue anymore o3o/

Reactions: Wes
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back