• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Why the difference between the capacitors on the Mindy M2?

mizunoyoroko

Inactive Member
So, I am planning some things out for stuff, and have a question regarding the Capacitor modules on the Mindy.

Legs said:
...The leg-mounted version requires both leg slots to function properly. ...

Shoulders said:
Like most shoulder modules, the Capacitor fits onto one shoulder and two may be equipped if the situation warrants it.

So, my question is this: Does the leg mounted capacitors count as 2 or just 1?

If It counts as 1:
Why do the the shoulder capacitors count as 1 each? I kinda imagined them to be around the same size as the leg capacitors (maybe I'm wrong though, if so point it out).

If it counts as 2 then I really have no questions about it.

edit: Links Legs Shoulders

I don't mind it as it is, I just am working on a loadout and trying to optimize some things. To be honest if we did the half thing as you suggested it would rule out the bobcat variant of the mindy, which uses 1 capacitor on the shoulder. At the same time...making the legs be worth two would be silly and OP.

I've been thinking about it, especially after seeing the bobcat, and it might be better to go with 1 hardpoint = 1 capacitor, for simplicity's sake.

You say it might me overpowered, but how?

Well, basically if you wanted to give something Leg Capacitors you're required to give it 2 of them (they won't work if you only give it 1) so you're kinda forced to take 2 at that point.

It doesn't make sense for them to not work when there's only one. Let each work independently.

Leg capacitors could be bigger and have double the power of shoulder-mounted ones, as shoulder mounts are less valuable than leg mounts in terms of armor (added capacitors = better armor in those spots).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back