Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Wiki Page Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugen Tyre

Inactive Member
Was trying to follow through the new character creation directions. I got all the way up through creating a link to the character's wiki page but when I follow the link it goes to a "Page not found" screen instead of staying on the wiki and giving me the option to create the page. Did I miss something and I'm doing it wrong? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Don't worry, you're not doing anything wrong.

Have you registered an account for the wiki? If not, do so by clicking the register button on the bottom of the page, and the "Create This Page" button should be on the top left corner when you're logged in.

Could you post the URL of the page that's not found?

It might also be a misunderstanding. When you first click the link, it will take you to a page that doesn't exist yet, and it says so on the page. You just have to click create this page, and paste the wiki code from the template into the edit space.

Everything looks normal to me. The page doesn't exist because you haven't made it yet. Note that it says: "You've followed a link to a topic that doesn't exist yet. If permissions allow, you may create it by using the Create this page button." If you're logged in, the button should be near the top, as show by the yellow arrow in this screenshot:

Once you click the button you can paste the character creation code into the edit area (replace the blank template stuff that appears). Don't forget to preview and to save.

Attachments

• createpage.webp
    createpage.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 86
Yeah I get that part but what I was saying is that I get this when I click the link. Once again sorry for the hassle.

Attachments

• Untitled.webp
    Untitled.webp
    10.9 KB · Views: 86
I can't read that screenshot well because it's so small, but it looks like something called Conduit Search Toolbar is redirecting any page that appears to be a 404 to its shady search engine. You need to remove the Conduit adware from your computer/browser so your internet browsing can work normally again (I believe AdwCleaner can do it).

Easy one to do is run Combofix, which is a free download as well. Simplest option though? Go through your programs list, and delete every toolbar you see. None of them are worth having on the system, so wipe 'em all, and then reset your browser manually after you do that. Should take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back