Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Character Winged Hussars offier exchange from the Star Army

FM Hold

What is this about an exchange program? Is there some canon basis for it like a wiki article?

Edto asked me to do a Minkan exchange officer due to my being unfamiliar and uncomfortable with the cultures of the Gartegan union.

Also, there's no wiki article for Rikugun search and rescue style emergency services, so I kind of pulled a career path out of Hammerspace based on the current Guardian Angel Weapons System programs. Might want to confirm with @Ira and @Edto Xar'Sivaree

Okay. For clarity what I am saying is I don't think such an exchange program exists between the Star Army of Yamatai and other factions except perhaps Nepleslia.

Understood. I see two options, here.

Reformat or reassign him as an NPC or active PC and drop the plot, or

Do a bunch of wiki work that I don't have authority or desire do do.

I can get with Ira tonight and see what we can work out as far as setting up a program.

So we just need to Wiki it then, it sounds like.

Yea. That sounds good to me. I’d imagine they’d trade officers based on things they are better at.

That being said Union Navy officers do go to train and learn at Kyoto War college.

New characters should start out at the rank of Santo Hei or Shoi - if the rank is updated you'll have my thumbs up.

It would be cool to see the standard character skills and limit them to seven total including the SAoY common skills, which you've got. I also noticed the majority of the character app is not wikified. Social connections has some @ symbols but nothing else.

Completely random question really, maybe you guys have already figured this out though-why is he like, less than two years old? Was he originally made as a neko and became a minkan, or did I misjudge how minkans grew up... probably the latter, but I'm not too sure...

I will say though, the idea of an exchange program like this is very very cool in my opinion! It would be cool to see more things like this happen in the future as well!

The skills should be limited to SAOY common skills.

The specific skills can likely just be in their own paragraph. Other than that, the character it self seems fine to me for RP.

What about the age, though?

My suggestion is to have them born as a Geshrin, have a normal childhood, and then a transfer/upgrade to an identical Minkan body sometime post-YE 33.

My original idea was to explore just how vastly different the two militaries operate.

This is easiest done with a highly trained, if inexperienced, lower officer of Nekovalkyrja origin, with the Neko body not going to be used for the temporary assignment. So born into service does work, as would a normal childhood and joining up.

The trans former neko aspect is just used to explain how this highly trained trooper just kinda showed up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back