• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Halloween Wreck of the Voidwalker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zain Snowpaw

Inactive Member
There was a sharp tugging sensation as The Dantius dropped from FTL, the Killinen system was quiet. Out here on the fringe populated star systems were a rarity, that was good for buisiness. The buisiness of sunscooping that is. Flying close to the suns outer rim one could scoop off a portion of the dense plasma, a very useful though dangerous resource to trade in, though the reliance of many colonies on this form of direct injection solar power meant that those who took the plunge would never be out of work until the day they died. An altogether much too common occurance.

"Sir, I have something on sensors. Cant tell what it is yet but its large and seems to be emitting low level energy pulses, I think it's likely a distress beacon." the sensor operative stated.

"See if you can patch it through."

*Static Hiss*

"...help us! This is captain Albert Sharr of the Voidwalker, requesting immediate assistance! Our engines are offline and I cannot get through to most of the crew, we were hit by a rogue meteorite, if you're hearing this please help us! This is captain Albert Sharr..."

And so the message went on, endlessly repeating.

"Captain?"

"Bring us in, if theres anyone alive on that vessel we're going to give a damn good try to getting them out. Bring her up on the main screen."

The sight was pretty much as expected. a large hole had been punched in the portside armor where the aforementioned rock had smashed into the vessel. Amongst the wreckage at least three bodies could be seen small clouds of red vapuor spilling into the space around them. The airlock on the starboard side however was thankfully fully intact with nought but a few murmers the helmsman brought them alongside and docked with the voidwalker.

"Would Jenson, Antares, Small and Tevor report to the port airlock. Suit up for hard vacuum."

Once everyone was suitably kitted out the team made their way to the airlock of the damaged vessel.

fetch.php

Jenson ripped the front off of the door console wiring it instead into his computer pad. This done he had the machine transmit the signal to open the door.

fetch.php

Thus here the away team found themselves in the entry corridor of the vessel. The lights flickered on as the door opened.

=========================
OOC notes:

On Characters:
Ok. so this is a halloween campaign though i will continue it for as long as people are interested make up a disposable character (quite a few of them will die anyway during this mission). The character's should be human. No Animetaians or hardened Nepalesians these guys are civvies. Once you have a character name, rough personality and such just start writing. I'll add you to the away squad and will replace the NPC members currently residing therin.

Combat:
Combat works on a d20 system. normal characters using hands and feet have a base attack aand defense score of 5. Modifiers may be made to this combat score, weapons, body armor, element of surprise. You must roll a d20 and add it to your current combat modifier when taking an action and post it as a note at the bottom of your post I will then roll a d20 for the enemies and we shall see who comes out on top. whoever has the biggest score manages to successfully complete their action, more explained below. http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm This is an online dice roller for those with no d20 to hand.

I will declare the combat score of enemies at the begining of combat.

Table of outcomes:

Attacking
10 more then opposing score: Your action is flawless you complete your action without a hitch.

5 more then opposing score: Your action completes but not flawlessly. Minor injuries may be sustained the action still completes however.

0 more then opposing score: You barely complete your action. Though it completes you sustain minor injuries,

5 less then opposing score: You fail to complete your action. You suffer minor injuries.

10 less then opposing score: You not only fail to complete your action but you botch it so badly you sustain moderate injuries.

Defending
10 more then opposing score: Your defence is flawless. Take no damage

5 more then opposing score: Not perfect but a good effort. Take minor wounds

0 more then opposing score: You barely defend yourself. take minor wounds. After the first turn you get this catagory take moderate wounds for each consecutive turn after this where you get this catagory.

5 less then opposing score: You fail to afdaquately defend yourself. Take moderate wounds

10 less then opposing score: You fail to defend yourself take major wounds.

Hitpoints
Characters start with 10 hitpoints. If you reach zero and are not "overkilled" then you can with the right emergeancy medical care be revived. however each time you 'die' you lose 2 hitpoint off your possible total. Revival can be attempted with a 50% chance of success by any character within 3 turns of the other character being 'killed'. (Use a d20 1-10 fails 11-20 succeeds)

Overkilling is where a character is irrevocably killed. read as eaten. blown apart etc. Injuries that are not only fatal but also leave the body in multiple pieces non of which are able to support life.

Minor injuries cause 1 point of damage to your HP.
Moderate injuries take 2 from your life total.
Major injuries take 3 from your total.

Good luck and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back