• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Yamatai] 20mm VLD Ammunition

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Isn't 4 and 5 ADR a little high for damage for a conventional fired round, especially one that says it trades off power for accuracy? I mean our 5ADR stuff is usually mass driver rounds moving at insane speeds. Or direct energy attacks and missiles. Should a bullet really have that much stopping power?

Isn't 4 and 5 ADR a little high for damage for a conventional fired round, especially one that says it trades off power for accuracy? I mean our 5ADR stuff is usually mass driver rounds moving at insane speeds. Or direct energy attacks and missiles. Should a bullet really have that much stopping power?

This -is- a Mass driver round. Also the ADR scale is kinda weird, and I was basing this off the 10mm VLD and the LASR's damage.

I'm also, admittedly, working from the assumption that Fred's DR system will be coming soon which will help work out the weirdness of the ADR scale.

Armor Scale

DR
Description Example Weapons
1 Very Light | Armor point defense mini-turrets
2 Light | Mini-missiles
3 Moderate | Mecha forearm weapons, Small missiles
4 Heavy | Heavy mecha rifles, big missiles
5 Very Heavy | Tactical nukes, Mindy 1H Aether Cannons
ADR 4 seems appropriate with the scale.

Yeah just noticed it's mass driver, which makes me wonder why it says it's for rifled barrels now...cause that does nothing for a mass driver really. If it's MD then yeah 4 ADR kinda works. But also Kirk don't bass it off a smaller gun and go "It's bigger so it does more damage" because actually in kinetic energy equations speed has much greater impact than mass. But yeah I would think the HEIAP would hit 4ADR and the others wouldn't.

Placing ammunition on hold until we get a weapon for it. I don't see anything necessarily wrong with it, but I'd like a weapon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back