• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission [Yamatai] Dai Oni Species / Ushobrakflug System Update

Charmaylarg Dufrain

🎖️ Game Master
I havent made a yamatai thing in as long as I can remember but I had the motivation.

@Wes gave me permission to update the Ushobrakflug page and make the Dai Oni species but ill still need an FM stamp from him @Yuuki or @Andrew . I dont make yamatai stuff so take everything with a grain of salt and let me know what needs to be updated or align with what~

@demibear for the Legion V and Fort Stryhm stuff since I took over the Legion V page that came with Ushobrakflug and Fort Stryhm and he knows more Rikugun stuff than me and I think hes the authority on it? (Every single page in yamatai feels like it has some manager to it-its hard to keep track!). I would also like to officially take over the Legion V as its manager because I like it, people had eight years to want it, I have a possible future plot in mind, and also because I want it!

Also I dont have any more MJ credits and getting midjourney to make male oni took way too much as is so any more references of them or non blue or red Dai Oni will have to wait for a later date since thats most of what it wanted to make and I can only hue change so much art before my motivation changes.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have wanted people to take ownership of Rikugun units. One of the reasons I organized the Area Armies so they were the equal of the fleets. So if you want Legion V, I designate you the manager of them.

Rocking Chair Report

The articles look pretty good, I mean the onigashima link is broken in the Inari Station article. Interesting stuff, it's nice to see things outside of the Yamatai core getting some focus. I'm sure someone else could do the prompts on MJ for you like Wes or something. Interesting and good work.

It would be good to have some information on how Troll/Lorrfolk communities using this new body view the change (as well as maybe information on individuals who reject it). Conceptually and aesthetically, oni and other yōkai are part of the Yamataian cultural fabric and have for decades been referenced by characters as such (just like people do in real life).

Those who choose to become Dai Oni are essentially jumping into an artificial body modeled in the image of long-standing Yamataian fairy tales, which are visually and thematically divergent from their organic lineages. Since the Dai Oni will exist, there is clearly enough acceptance for this change. But are there segments of the base Troll/Lorrfolk population who don't want to because it's some Yamataian cultural cosplay package handed down to them? Since they "originate from the planet Onigashima," which is newly terraformed, are the Dai Oni perhaps an entirely separate offshoot distinct from the mainline Trolls and Lorrfolk who remain on Yamatai? Do the inhabitants of these new bodies take offense when a Neko tells their Nepleslian friend "Ya fight with the ferocity of an oni!" or "You stink like an oni's ass!" when they're referencing the common Yamataian fairy tales rather than the new Dai Oni species?

Just a few cultural questions.

Ill take under advisement how these individuals see their new forms and put something like that in prob tomorrow and also something about those who have chosen not to unless wes or the other FMs decide that for the troll and lorrfolk to no longer be irrelivant this is all of them for whatever ooc reason. But as for how they view the cultural aspects of their body to mythos and the like I think such a thing ill leave up to any potential players who may or may not ever make a Dai oni to decide or explore that avenue.

Same for being a distinct offshoot or not thats up to how people want to play them. The Dai Oni do not age in the 3-months of neko or a full decade and a half or so like minkan or nepleslians. They have a 5-year birth to adulthood growth and like neko will have a shorter generational memory and players can decide if their character was one of those born five years ago to be mature today and are more culturally dai-oni than troll or lorrfolk, are former troll/lorrfolk transfered into one of the first generation of bodies, or are an outsider who transfered into a dai oni body for whatever motivation people in yamatai might have to want to transfer into a neko, minka, dai oni, etc~

Vnice~

Can I request, since it's not my usual faction and I don't have all of them bookmarked already for a list of applicable pages required to be backlinked to the species for yamatai and to what degree it is expected they be added (just links, headers, etc?)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back