• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

[Yamatai] - Explosives

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
While working on another submission I found a critical component (plastic explosive) was not available on the wiki. So I created this page to correct that and added a few extra tidbits as well.

Submitted for review, comments and approval.

Star Army Explosives

Overall it looks good but I think some of the damage ratings are too high. Keep in mind that ADR 5 is equivalent to a tactical nuclear weapon.

Ok, I modified the destructive force of the T31PE, and specified that the Satchel charge is a shaped charge which focuses the force of the blast in one direction.

You might want to link in to =potassium]this as well, though I still need to update it. If you could help me with shifting the DR ratings over, it has been approved, and is only available to the SAoY at this time, so I think it would be appropriate.

I think it should be reverted to the first edit, with 8 blocks doing ADR 3 in a blast.

Wes, your edit makes it so that these explosive are essentially nuclear weapons. It gives a block of the stuff the equivalent destructive power as 11,000,000 times its mass in TNT (i.e. 1 block is equivalent to a 11 kiloton nuclear weapon). That is patently ridiculous. I can see the satchel charge having ADR 5 because it is focusing all its energy into a narrow, short range cone.

I looked it over again and I like the way I did it...it's what makes sense to me based on the game mechanics.

Wes, ADR 5 on these for 8 blocks is very close to the maximum theoretical yield-per-kg for a nuclear fusion bomb. Of a nuclear weapon. Chemical bonds simply cannot hold that much energy in something of this mass. Not even close to it. ADR 5 in a omnidirectional blast (as 8 blocks would do) is impossible.

DR ratings have no fixed firepower measurements attached to them. Where are you getting these numbers from? I'm focusing on the vehicles and such they can damage.

That's like Starship Troopers mini-nukes though...the big nukes are up in the starship scale DR 2 and 3.

Wes, please look at this video, at time 1:00. You will notice thousands of tons of dirt and rock being hurled upwards at considerable speed. It takes a /lot/ of explosive to move dirt (unless its all nicely in a bore hole, as in mining).

You are still saying that these things are equivalent to a nuclear weapon. That doesn't seem even a bit off? The Davy Crockett nuke had 19,600 times its 51 lb mass in explosive power. 8 blocks of these, going by the DR scale, have a similar destructive power but weigh 1/6th as much as the actual nuclear weapon. The actual nuclear weapon

Fine, I'll bump it back down.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back