Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

Yamatai National Police

SSharp

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Civilian/Cultural
Submission URL: Here

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? No

Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No

Notes: Now, before people get all worked up because they're convinced "Yamatai has no crime!" I just have to point out that there'd be no police forces if there wasn't any crime ever, and that this article already existed before I went in and expanded upon it. All that was there when I got to it, however, was the art and the equipment list. I did take from the 'travelling around yamatai' article, where (oddly enough) there was more information on the YNP than in the YNP article.

Made some edits. New unapproved sub-article: Here, which was made at the recommendation of Nashoba.

I'm also working on a YNP Rules/Procedures bit.

Edit: Got a basic procedures section down.

This looks good to me.

With the exception of what I pulled from 'Travelling Around Yamatai' I wrote it all. The only thing on the article was the equipment and the police car picture.

Edit: What I took specifically is
Travelling Around Yamatai said:
Most every municipality has its own police agency. The Kyoto Municipal Police, or the KMP, is the largest. Some small prefectures, such as Gemis and Stars, have law enforcement on the prefecture level, as the municipalities within those prefectures aren't big enough to support stand-alone agencies. There are a few inter-municipality agencies, but they're specialized and rarely used.

The National Police itself has two sets of staff — a core group of special agents, detectives and support staff that are hired from a specific agency or from outside, and a secondary set of rotating officers that draws from the municipal law enforcement agencies. The secondary set takes up-and-coming detectives and officers from those municipal agencies and puts them on a one- or two-year tour-of-duty with the YNP. This allows the YNP to have a knowledgeable, emergency-ready body of agents to draw on in case of a crisis.

Notable police agencies cooperating with the YNP include the Kyoto Municipal Police, the Malifar Police Department, the Jskita Municipal Police, and the Uesureya Security Agency.

I did change it up a bit. If that's your writing, then good on you. I also took the uniform bit, but I changed it up a bunch of times so I'm not really sure anymore what I did or didn't change from the original text.

I'd prefer the original text be kept, but I don't need the credit. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing double.

I like that the YNP is taking pins!

Look again, besides, the Junsa is already approved tech, has been for years.

Helmet

Integrated with the armor. It can filter the air of the wearer indefinitely.
It is retractable. It splits open in the front and then collapses into the shoulder section.
Provides nightvision, thermal, and x10 zoom.
Has built in microphone, speakers and video displays.

Wait, does this mean there's copy-pasta (eg the same text in two articles?)

Most likely when this page is finished being fleshed out the text from traveling around yamatai will be replaced with a link to this page instead for the law enforcement.

That works for me. I didn't have another place to put the stuff about police, so I stuck it on traveling around Yamatai. It can be stripped from there.

Edit: Shouldn't the YNP use a more modern NSP, such as the Type 29C or D? I'm not sure it even makes sense for them to use the GSP; the ability of an NSP to use nonlethal fire makes it uniquely ideal for police work.

I think you mean the '30. Edited. Are there any problems with this submission?

It has FM approval, and I'm not aware of anymore problems with it.

I know it's nitpicky, but I did mean the 29C or D. I figured the 30 would be saved for the military because the 30 replaced the 29 series.

I've looked at the 29 and it doesn't seem to have any variants. Can you provide me with the article you were looking at?

The Type 29 NSP is a smaller holdout-style pistol and is neither a replacement for the 28 nor was it replaced by the Type 30. The Type 30 is the direct replacement for the 28 and the 29 should be considered separately.

This thread has a bunch of comments, but no one has come out and said that they're reviewing this. So can I have some more problems pointed out/have this approved?

Wes approves, no one has complaints. Approved.

Just make sure to remove the Law Enforcement stuff from the Travelling page.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back