Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

[Yamatai] - Town Mei

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: Town (location)
Submission URL: Mei

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? Yes

Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes: Notable Businesses of Mei
Previously Submitted? No

Notes:
While fleshing out some of the details of my main character I realized she needed a place of birth. So I created a small town in thr Yumi Prefecture

Looks good.

- Maybe we should move the ise clan page to Yamatai:ise and put it on the list of clans.
- Wouldn't retired Nekos be using Yamataian bodies?

I thought about moving the Ise family, I hadn't thought about it being a clan, I'll think on that.

As for the retired Neko, there are plenty of other cities on the https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ya ... ing_around page that have a Neko population. And I don't see a real problem given the NH-29 Nekovalkyrja Culture page references that there would be Neko's who opted to stay in their Neko bodies even though they are 'retired'. Especially if they are staying inside the Empire.

Ok, made the Ise family a small clan added them to the clan page, and removed the family data from Mei.

One of those cities was a Toshiro project from a few years back (Kawakyo) and it's set to house retired Neko ... but it doesn't say whether they remain in their Neko bodies.

The other town that mentions retired Neko is yours, Nash. I didn't think of it earlier because, well, I didn't have cause to do so.

The other towns with Neko population don't mention the military status of said Neko. From what Wes has said, it makes sense to assume those Neko are either preparing to leave the military (those Neko making a living in Gemis) or are between tours.

We haven't really explored what a proper NH-29 "community" is supposed to be like, and the culture page doesn't mention "retirement," just that they have these communities. The NH-29 model itself is not yet 8 years old; it's hard to imagine any of them have really "retired" anyway.

So fine there are four existing communities with Nekos living in them. Three of them long before I created Kyousou. So I'll take the same stand as the others and just say neko's live there, but not give a status.

Kawakyo (750,000) The city is a test project to house retiring Nekovalkyrja, and was set up with them in mind.

Port Xenn (150,000) It's one of the most diverse cities on Yamatai, hosting Nepleslian, Geshrin, Yamataians, Nekovalkyrja and even Nepleslian mutants.

Gemis (5,000) Some Nekovalkyrja have begun to populate it, carving a living out of the ice.

Kyousou (15,000) Approximately 15 percent of its population are retired Nekovalkyrja.

And not all Neko's are military. "NH-29s naturally born as younglings to NH-29 mothers are allowed to keep their bodies but if they keep them they are eligible to be subject to a military draft in wartime." There has been no draft, and with billions of Neko having been made. There would be plenty on born Neko's running around. 0.5% of just one billion would mean 5,000,000 civilians.

2010/05/05 16:11 stararmy:nh-29 – wes (98.252.140.204)

Been there for a while, came about during one of the discussions about Neko's working for other people.

My project wasn't Kawakyo, but Nishitama. Easy mistake, since Nishitama is also a Horizon-class, and was initially intended for refugees and retirees from the downsizing after the first Mishhu War, as well as those who didn't return after the repealment of the Species Restriction Order.

As for this, I like it a good deal. ^^

RPG-D RPGfix
Back