• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Yamatai] - Type 31 Void Propulsion Pack

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Another Nashobatech item, submitted for scrutiny, review, and critique.

A back pack for use by people wearing the AMES who want/need more range of movement, and safety that what the AMES provides by default, intended for civilians.

Type 31 Void Propulsion Pack

Very nice. We needed one of these. From my first cursory glance it doesn't seem bad, although the art looks a little bit bulky for what Yamatai is capable of.

Kai actually I thought about having look like some sleek smooth ambiguous design using inertia less drive etc. Would have massive range etc.

But you know what just because you can make something super sleek and sexy does not mean it has to be.

It’s a thruster pack for using during EVA’s. And since the SSS was asking for it, they would have gladly excepted a bulkier less expensive version.

It appears you left the power section blank.

Cut and paste error from when I finished working on it in MS-Word. The power section has been added. Nothing much just a capacitor system.

Not a terribly big issue, but what does it use for fuel? The power section only notes it uses a capacitor with no details on the fuel.

I mentioned where the fuel was stored for each system, I just did not want speculate on a technobabble fuel name. Since I provided the duration of the burn time, figure that was good enough.

For most practical purposes, yes, it is. But their are situations when it would be good to know how the things work. Not the chemistry, but how they work. Are the thrusters chemical rockets (so the fuel is combustible), ion engines (inert fuel), fusion torch (probably not due to its heat; the fuel would also be inert most likely), electrothermal (inert metal), etc.

Well I was thinking Ion engine and thrusters. So that would make the fuel inert. No kaboom factor.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…