• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Yamatai] Type 35 Automatic Grenade Launcher

Revolver

The Six-Shooter of Love
Inactive Member

The Star Amy is not adding new weapons that lack artwork to its equipment list.

The Type 33 also has no artwork and this is probably about 50% the same amount of text, in addition it uses the same ammunition.

That's because I created the Type 33 before that requirement was in place. I would like to point out that it is not 50% the same amount of text; in fact, the entire appearance section, and weapon mechanisms sections are copypasta (with the exception of the drum), and the only difference between the two weapons are the that they Type 35 has the drum form of ammunition, reduces the weight from 70lbs to 66lbs, and reduces the length by a 1.05 meters.

Also, is a one foot barrel enough length to ensure accuracy? You're shooting relatively large objects with compressed air, the previous 1.1 meters was to ensure a stable trajectory before exiting the barrel.

The rounds could theoretically be fin-stabilzed, fins being deployed upon exiting the barrel.

Yeah, it's unabashedly a copypasta. The Type 33 is way out of scale with real world AGLs as far as I've seen, which caused some confusion in roleplay, which prompted the creation of this article.

Revolver and I worked out the remaining issues with this in IRC and have edited accordingly.

APPROVED

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…