• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission [Yamatai/YSS Heartbreaker] Modular Armor Service Rifle

Firebrand

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Heartbreaker specific custom rifle
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:equipment:ke-m2-w3702_modular_armor_service_rifle

Faction:
FM Approved Yet? Not Yet
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? only the 20mm VLD round, which was waiting for a weapon submission
Contains New art? No, but I think the same person who did art for the SOCK may also be doing art for this.
Previously Submitted? Yes. Submitted in an unfinished state.

Notes:

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The art itself may take some time, but it -will- happen. While that's getting set up, is there a way to review the physical article and make sure there's no problems with it, so that when the art comes and it gets Wes' approval, that's that?

1. What is adding 100 cm to the rifle, and do you mean 100 cm or 100 mm? Because 100 cm = 1 m, which is practically the length of an entire second rifle.
  2. On the Scalar SMG, the muzzle “velocity” is roughly 1 c.
  3. The DR between the 20 mm and the 10 mm is almost identical … are you sure you need one and the other? Seriously, they seem to overlap entirely.
  4. I’m pretty sure I rejected the 8 gauge ammunition. That rejection stands, especially since it makes damage ratings using an unapproved system.
  5. How do you actually switch the weapon over between solid and energy projectiles? I.e. how do you detach the barrel and swap out the receiver. I realize that might be art-dependent, but I’d like it addressed.
  6. Because this is, in essence, a highly limited run of these weapons, and they’re not being submitted to the wider setting, I won’t harp on anything else. I would like to make sure, however, that the plans don’t spread beyond this plot without a note explicitly stating that, and/or the weapon being resubmitted in the context of a wider audience.
  7. This submission is good. It’s not as good as your medtech, but it’s good.

Bumping this with a two-day automatic rejection. If it's still being worked on or requires art, I can put it on hold.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back