• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[YSE] POW Treaty

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
As per Yamataian law, I'm required to try to get you to agree to follow these rules regarding prisoners of war:

Please consider it. Together we can keep the universe relatively civilized.

-Rufus Sydney

I see nothing wrong with this proposal. What say you other senators?

-Robert Davis

It seems offensive that our enemies, who cause such pain to our beloved service members, should deserve such wonderful treatment. But I suppose we have to agree, in the spirit of being "civilized."

-Roy Garza

I would like to propose that the IPG avoids scrutiny in regards to this act. As... repulsive as I may find their actions, we are a developing state, and we do need our protection. Of course, Admiral Veles should not interpret this as a free pass to any horror he chooses.

-Ioannes Calero

I believe, that in cases where survival is considered, the POWs survival should be considered secondary to the priority survival of Nepleslian people. All other parts of this proposal are agreeable.

- Patrino Roachmere.

While I am agree with Senator Garza, it is true that perhaps these rules should be upheld to promote civility amongst the more advanced nations.

However, with rules 1 and 2, the terms 'adequate' and 'decent' respectively, the definitions of these rules are not clearly stated. What is 'adequate' to some may appear inadequate others. I feel that feeding a bowl of battery acid to the soldier who killed my nephew would be 'adequate'; others might suggest otherwise.

Perhaps this should be elaborated.

-Edward Vanderhuge

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…