• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[YSE] Secure Channel

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
OOC: This thread is for in-character discussion between Yamatai's top political figures.

TO: YUUMI
SUBJECT: IRC OBJECTIVES

At the conference, I have a number of agreements I would like you to attempt to secure:

1. A universal mutual agreement to cover all civilized nations in which we all mutually agree never to destroy or render uninhabitable any habitable planet.

2. A peace treaty with Nepleslia in which we agree to coexist peacefully and to refrain from assisting the Mishhuvurthyar enemy in any way.

3. A peace treaty with the Iromakuanhe in which we agree to coexist peacefully and to refrain from assisting the Mishhuvurthyar enemy in any way.

4. An agreement prohibiting attacks on marked medical personnel and facilities as long as those faculties are not activity engaged in combat.

5. A universal agreement against slavery.

6. A universal agreement against torture.

7. Promote adoption of the POW treatment guidelines (currently followed by Yamatai and Nepleslia) and standard starship shipping and airlock standards by the other parties at the conference. Note: The Abwehran already have a suitable POW law.

8. Create and mutually agree on guidelines for what constitutes a territorial claim of a star system.

9. Encourage cooperation between national governments and military forces to bring a swift end to the war.

10. Promote establishment of civilian transportation and trade methods between all friendly and neutral nations (eg international spaceports).

To: Himiko

I will do what I can to secure such agreements, Empress. Keep your hopes in check, though. As benign as your goals are, my instincts tell me few will be successful. Some agreements might be reached in principle at best.

No. 9 is what I plan to pursue above all. That's the one that will safeguard Yamatai best. We are not at war with the nations at this conference; I suspect peace treaties and trade agreements won't find traction here.

To: Yuumi

With tremendous disgust I have been following the proceedings as you continuously embarrass our nation. Your "showing weakness" method has thus far only resulted loss of respect for us and in the Lorath attempting to gain access to our resources and form an alliance of smaller nations...which we both know will only be turned against us. The Lorath are untrustworthy and are seeking vengeance for our conquest of their world. Give them nothing! If there are other nations that think that Yamatai is weak or dying, they need to have their perceptions adjusted.

To: Yui

The Lorath do what the Lorath will. You get a moon dropped on your homeworld and see how friendly you are, older sister.

Though I can't imagine you getting any less friendly.

Nepleslia is seeing us in a new light, and the signs are that they like what they see. The Freespacers already are on good terms with us, the Gartagens are our allies, and the Iroma/Abwehr partnership is this close to becoming one that keeps our people from collapsing on the streets, dead of starvation.

Patience, elder sister. We're gaining here, not losing.

To: Yuumi

How I wish for the collected and thoughtful nature of Admiral Davis. Instead, we have this cretin, Vanderhuge!

To: Yui
From: Grand Admiral of Nepleslia's 1st Fleet, Flint Vanderhuge

How very gracious of you to allow us to do our business. I am more than willing to allow you to cry about it after I snap this cowards neck, girl.

Sincerely,
Flint
It is intolerable for him to think he can talk to the commander of the Star Army in this manner. I urge you to ban him from the conference and ask Nepleslia for a competent replacement. I want him gone.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back