• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[YSS Eucharis] Interviews and Adventures

SUBLIMEinal

OOC: This thread is here simply so the boys in Nep don't have to go forum-hopping to see what the IPG is doing with Hanako near Azorea, starting with the NSS Anonymous' arrival. I'll be copying relevant posts from the actual Eucharis thread to here. This thread is for my own and Wes' use ONLY. Posts by others unrelated to the Eucharis plot or those with my permission to help with the IPG will be DELETED. Thank you, that is all.

The Malchick disengaged its higher CDD speed at the out-most edge of the Azorean home system, and lowered its gravitic masking to compensate, considering a gigantic pool of low gravity would be quite hard to miss. Cruising towards the center of the system, Volumetric projections and sensor distortion rendered the small corvette invisible. On the small bridge, Captain Jack Rote focused his attention on his sensor officer's display, standing just behind him.

"Sweep for gravimetric, Lieutenant. Anything moves, ping it on my display. Keep it black." The captain turned away, heading back to his seat in the center of the darkened room. He called up a volumetric window, and a keypad of similar properties. The IPGND officer had always been a fan of typing over dictation.

Cpt. Rote said:
Malchick-Class NSS Anonymous has entered target system, now designated O-S 00347. Currently sweeping system for starcraft. Upon acquisition, vessel will begin data collection.

The Captain shot the message away into the SecureNET, and sat back, watching the primary view screen as they moved deeper into the system. They were still about 4 AU from the location the Kante network had placed the fold, and would stop about three quarters an AU away.

"That's a ship," Blueberry said, examining the unusual readouts. Hanako looked over her shoulder at the display. "Unknown configuration...very stealthy," the sprite commented, using her expertise in sensors. "It came out of CDD just now...we can track it by its aether generators, but..."

Hanako was thinking the same thing, "...but then they would know we know. We should power down and back off into the asteroids. Perhaps we can get a visual."

The Eucharis drifted out of orbit on the opposite side of the planet as where the Malchick showed up, taking a position in the asteroids to look for the recent arrival.

"Anything?"

"No, Captain. The only white source just faded. Although..." The officer, looked at the display for several moments. "Sir, there are wide-band radio signals present. Triangulating for source and beginning pick-up of signals."

The IPG employee produced a pair of small earbuds. After several moments of listening, he looked to the Captain. "Sir, definitely not Yamataian. Dialect and language unknown. Cross-reference with the SecureNET turned up nothing."

Rote called up a volumetric screen in front of himself, seeing the results of the IPG data network search. "Find out where they're coming from."

A moment later, the ship triangulated the signals on the Azorean homeworld. It was luckily on the same side of the system as the IPG ship, which continued closing, its sensors once again sweeping, this time over the planet, attempting to find anything interesting on or around the world.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back