• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character YSS Ryujo | Weland Jai Hrolfrson

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well, I can tell you right now that this character doesn't work on several levels. One, a character who's already been involved in canon RP can't just be rewritten and passed over. That character sheet needs to remain up, for lack of a better way to say it, for posterity. If you want to run a new character, that's fine, but once something is established and used in canon, it's a HUGE no-no to just remove it and move on.

On the character itself, him being a Heisho won't fly. You've never had a character at that rank before, and neither myself or Kyle approved that rank, so the highest rank you can make a character at is Santo Hei.

If he WAS allowed in as a Heisho, you'd need about triple that much history, easily. A Heisho is like a senior enlisted in the military today. It means they've been in for years, they're heavily experienced, and trusted to lead groups of soldiers. With a character that hasn't been used in RP, you better give me a good history to back up that rank.

So, long story short, you can either tweak the existing character that was there BEFORE these edits, and we can work out how to get him onto the ship, without fucking up stuff that has already happened in canon, or you can undo the edits, and make a whole new character from scratch. Either one is workable, it's up to you.

This submission is on hold and ineligible for approval until extensive changes are made.

The reason I did the edit was because when I originally made the character my computer broke down and it took me a long LONG time to be able to be able to get it to run for a while. The group he was in while I was gone is now defunct and I have no idea what would have happened to Weland at all, let alone bring back the original links...but I've reverted him back to his original.

You don't have to still be linked with the same group, the character can transfer and such. But what Aendri is saying is you can't just make him have not existed, that messes with the continuity of the setting.

Okay I have done my final redux, if I go too far back, he'll be a blank page. ON the continuity thing, I was thinking of writing up a whole story for him, but when I went to check on the post it looks like I can't be a Heisho anyway so I left the story for later as it wouldn't make as much sense with a Santo Hei rank. This included the old group and everything, but I've decided to go after what I was told and stay with my entry rank characters.

I still don't think you're quite getting what I'm saying. Weland has ALREADY BEEN IN THE RP. If this is the same character, the bio needs to reflect that participation, and explain it. If it's not the same character, than the old character needs to be restored, and you need to start a new one. Those are literally your only two options here. It's not just a matter of "Make it basic", it's a matter of the character sheet being part of a record of a character that has already been present in RP.

I'm just going to make a new one as I am just going to give up on trying to restart Weland. He's up for adoption as of now so grab him if you want him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back