• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character Za'as Barak

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Wow, I'm commenting somewhat-in-depth on another player's character! Not something I do often enough, I admit...but, in a way, this is a new thing in the RP, since the only other clergy-type characters I've seen here have been one of Yui's sisters and Inari, both of them eastern-style.

I'd like to note that approval of this character will be confirming that another of the current religious systems has continued into the SARP time period. Considering how long this and other systems have already been around, and that we don't know how far into the future the RP is, this is not entirely unlikely.

But, unless it will be okay to be vague about details, I would like a wiki page started on what the "People of the Book" believe, out of curiosity (it seems a mixture of traditional Christian monkhood and Jewish faith) and in case some players wish to incorporate it into their current or future characters. The Shinto religion already being used on Yamatai seems to have made it more-or-less intact and un-mixed, but I can't be sure about this one.

As for the character himself, Za'as sounds like you've done a good job of making a "Book"-ish character without copying the guy beyond his role on the ship. Questions: How has being sheltered affected his knowledge of machines, spaceflight, computers, modern culture, and things that may not have been available in a monastery? How about his interactions with other people, what are his mannerisms and how do they differ from people outside of the monastery? Lastly, how is he going to be useful on the ship? While he wasn't usually directly involved in ship affairs, Book brought his firearms training and odd connections to the Alliance in Firefly in addition to his religious beliefs. I suppose this question will be answered somewhat by my first one, though.

Editing note: On the wiki, you need to add his name to the header in what is currently "-name- In Roleplay".

SNAP! A review! Missing, I shall offer you my dog's first born puppy ... after I get a dog.

I'll get to these questions later tonight.

"???"

[MissingNo is Confused!]

Alright...Hopefully it's a small breed of dog. I don't have room for a big one (as much as I'd like to have a lab, it wouldn't work out).

[MissingNo is no longer Confused!]

Cool, glad I could help : )

I was planning a wedding. I haven't forgotten, promise!

The bio can go at any time; I need to detail the People of the Book more is all. I WILL edit the bio tonight, per Missing's questions.

I'm also writing a big post for Miharu.

Lies. You're HASSLING ME! It's not fair. Hassled by my mom, hassled by my wife-to-be, hassled by my friends ... POUT.

Holy shit, where did this COME FROM?!

I didn't even see it. And it even is on the wiki still! Ugh.

Please delete this. I'll get it on the wiki.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back