Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Zen Semi-Automatic Marksmen Rifle (Z-SAMR)

This review is for: Zen Semi-Automatic Marksmen Rifle

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A very high level of overall quality
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[X] Artwork (illustrations are required for Starships, Vehicles, Hand weapons or Small Arms, Uniforms for military forces or large corporations and new alien species not from the race of the day CCG)
[X] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ ] In the proper format/template
[X] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[X] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[X] No red and/or broken links
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[ ] Obtusely redundant
[ ] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[ ] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[ ] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[ ] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[ ] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[ ] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[ ] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[ ] Lacking Detail
[ ] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[N/A] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[X] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[ ] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[ ] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary

**Weapon Format. In Character Year. Standard Product Nomenclature.

Notes
Though it appears everything is in order, the weapon is not using the proper template that you can find here. Also, it appears to be missing the in-character year at which it was produced too, which is required. The Standard Product Nomenclature is also needed, as it is applicable to this weapon.

Other than these details, the rifle is good to go I believe.

I intend to finish this review by: 2/29/12

Fixed I think.. though in all honesty I think the nomenclature system is among the things we need to lay to rest...

Due to personal issues which I don't want to trouble people over, I cannot immediately respond. If another tech mod wishes to pick up this article in the meantime however, feel free to. Until then, I will return to this article on

3/02/12.

Sooner, if time permits.

The Nomenclature is now present, but the current in-character Year is not present. Though it is also now more inline with the current template, the 'Firing Mechanism' section is missing - self explanatory, it is to describe how the internal mechanisms of the rifle would function. Otherwise, it appears the rifle is ready for approval.

I intend to finish this review by 3/4/12 6:00PM PST

RPG-D RPGfix
Back