• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Zero Cross

Zero has a stoic, cold personality and is best described as a frozen ball of anger and hatred. He is anti-social ...
He doesn't make friends easily but does value what little he can manage in that way, even if it is offsetting for everyone.
Those two statements don't jive. How does he make friends at all? If he's an angry asshole, with Asperger's Syndrome, offsets everyone around him, and so on, how does he make friends? What would he talk about with them?

Zero would be found by a mob of nekos out looking for slaves ...
This would have been around YE 20, right? Maybe YE 22 at the very, very latest? In YE 20, NH-7s were just on the market as possible private soldiers, but seem to mostly have been Yamataian military weapons. I rule it's not possible for Nekos to have been roaming the streets of Funky City, let alone as slavers. You need to replace this part.

... His peers treated him like he was a lesser being because of being Nepleslian, his opportunities to advance were always given to others.
As far as I know — and I'm happy to have another mod correct me on this — there are no hard or even soft examples where Geshrin or Yamataians, many of whom used to be Nepleslian, would be so racist against the Nepleslians. Nepleslians and Geshrin/Yamataians served alongside admirably with each other. Neko racism I can understand. But the Geshrin weren't that much better than Nepleslians, besides semi-computerized brains and some disease resistance, and Yamataians are still VERY new — only three years old.

This also begs the question of, "When did he join the military?" If he joined at 18, which I would assume he did, that's not a lot of time for him to get pissed about assignments going to Yamataians — by then, he'd likely have to be a Yamataian himself, with the Species Restriction Act.

Other than these points, the character's fine.

This character is pending. The submitter must address the list of edits and then bump the thread when it is ready for review.

fixed the issues and for doshii's sake I want to quote this:

"When he was 16 though, she'd grow tired of Zero's attitude of apathy and made him join the military.."

to answer his note about joining at 18

1. He's not very big or imposing, but he's toned up decently. This is alright, but a toned body should weigh should weigh more than what appears to be a rather slim build, by the current body weight and height.

Consider adding a few pounds.

2. I don't mind the bishie-face, since it's a matter of taste, but I'm wondering, mercury colored hair?

3. I suppose that you've fixed the issue with his psych by giving him Asperger's. It's not that much of a big deal for a natural-born person, considering that we have increasing numbers of characters with OCD, psychosis and dissociative personality syndrome.

Puppies and chocolate as his likes? Better keep them separate.

4. You know... he sounds increasingly like he had grown up like a feral child, with no affection from his mother and no good interaction from others, but that raises the question, of how such a person ends up in the military despite clearly being unsuitable for service.

One thing, is that in general, when you ST to a Yamataian body, it does immediately cure you of any neurological or chemical imbalances in the brain. I have heard bits and pieces about mind tweaking so that the person is able to function properly, like allowing a mute to speak, or an illiterate to read... so I'm wondering just how that would affect someone with AS.

5. The skills look alright.

6. Muur Armor? How much of the full suit does he have?

Mercury IE Silver hair. it just has a metallic sort of glossy look is all. Matter of semantics but I can fix it.

3: very funny. grammarical error I get it.

It may change the chemical problems that cause it, but it's still part of the personality to be "disconnected" from years of being used to it. I guess you could say.

And the only reason he got put into military was cuz the neko that owned him at the time didn't like the attitude he gave her on days off. It was a way of showing even more superiority I guess. And back in the day it was almost expected of you, anyone can learn to be a solider, even feral children in the setting; they'd just fix the neurological issues like you said.

The muur armor is full set minus the helmet. I THINK I have the pricing correct. (since 2 DA =1 KS/HS)

(bump for attention)

Got a brief period before I head to the shop with the car.

An ST cures you of neurological defects ... biologically. Mentally is another story — all the damage it did to your "mental pathways," is still there. It just won't get worse. It can get better, but only with therapy, drugs, etc.

After some discussion, this character is approved for IC-Usage. Tyler, please post Zero's request for orders in the UOC Communications forum.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back