• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

YSS Ryūjō

Anjin walked from the landing area for the shuttle towards the Urufu-Class ship that would be her duty station for the foreseeable future.

She stopped when she heard someone address her. Anjin returned Sigrid's bow with a lesser one as appropriate to the difference in their ranks. "Hello. Itto-Heisho Sigrid. Well, since we are both heading to the Ryūjō we may as well walk together."

With her duffel bag slung over her shoulder she resumed walking briskly to the ship. She took a brief visual survey of the location the ship was sitting in. It was definitely incongruous for a Star Army facility, but there was a logical reason to someone for the base's location. As she did she sent a brief query about the crew, it was an expedient thing so that she would know who was in what position. After reviewing the data she spoke again.

"So Heisho, what brings you to the Ryūjo instead of remaining with the Legions?"

She looked ahead at the ramp into the ship, it felt a little different boarding a ship by walking in from outside the ship and not through a docking arm.

Last edited:
Shuttle on landing approach, 9th Fleet HQ

The tan-skinned mini-Neko bowed to him once, and leaped off his shoulder with a gentle glide and an all-too-happy smile. "Doo itashimashite, Shinozaki-kun. Ganbatte!" As the shuttle ground to a halt, she used her inertia to leap up and hold onto an overhead cargo bin and hide there so as not to be run over by the stampede of eager crewmen who were about to exit, led as they were by the zealous Yamataiian rock hunter. He looked like he really was going to do it, too, so now Noa figured she had better make sure to be there to get that big moment caught on video and promptly post her little newbie hazing prank to all of her friends. Oh she could just see the look on the Captain's face now... this'll get her a ton of likes for sure!

As she was absorbed in her mental machinations, the thunder of big feet down shipside eventually ceased. Noa breathed a sigh of relief, as this was the only part she dreaded about traveling with a bunch of full size Nekovalkyrja. She dropped down and wriggled her way into the cargo area and spotted a small blue-grey colored Type 31C medical kit. With a huff, she slung it over her tiny shoulders, the normally small bag seeming to her view of the world like a bulky backpack. The Santo Hei started gliding along and down the ramp that was many times her size, building up speed as she made a beeline for the Ryujo.

Landing Bay 2

Considering the distance to the ship's entrance and her diminutive size and all of the personnel she had to dodge between the two points, it seemed quite an epic journey was before Noa. She slipped her visor back down over her eyes as she zipped along in a hover over the floor, immersing herself once again in the stream of data that flowed around her in the hangar. Details of the ship started appearing overlaid on her vision in augmented reality, as she took in both the impressive physical majesty of the Urufu-class light cruiser, but also it's technical specs and MEGAMI... and then she saw the apparent customizations next. "Mmm... upgrades," she murmured with a bit of arousal in her tiny voice. If there was one thing she loved more than pranking someone, it was tweaking technology. She was already loving this assignment, even before she met the Chusa...

Last edited:
YSS Ryujo

Sigrid nodded to Chūjitsu and started walking next to the shoi. The dark-skinned neko smiled at the question she got asked. She thought about the answer in past, since she knew, someone would ask it. With smiling face she turned to the shoi and nodded.

"Well," Sigrid started. "I did enjoy Legions a lot, but I thought its strategy a bit rigid. I tried to bring something new into tactics used. Generally we just do a big strong charge, guns blazing. That is fine of course, but why not have more. Anyway, I thought that my skills could be used well on this assignment. Also with the nature of 9th fleet I might be able to push the tactics in my head up and have someone officially adopt them. Still I am only small fish in the pond at the moment, so what I can do is very limited."

Ninth Fleet HQ

"Yesss it isss, but I am glad that we all got ssstationed in the sssame place" she smirked at the two "were you going to tell me that you two are a couple now, or hope to get away without telling me." She gave them a spin "I got a promotion while you were hiding in a room sssomewhere being together" she laughed and hugged them "It'sss great to sssee you both again."

Docking Area

Ume pulled Kioko into the hug and smiled. "I'm happy my friends are here with me and I don't have to start over." She holds the hug for a bit but then seems to have an after thought. "Meiko and I aren't dating ." She looks at Kioko a little confused as if wondering why she thought that.

Meiko blushed a bit and scratched her cheek. "Not yet anyway..." She huffed and looked away. Then back to Kioko, with a smile. "So what about you two, what have you been up to? I know of some of what Ume's been doing, but not you Kioko."

Docking Area

Anjin smiled, "So, you are wanting a chance to think out of the box. So you left the Legion and joined us. I would say that is taking the initiative. A trait I wholly approve of, our soldiers need to use their brains and their talents. Hopefully our command staff will give you the chance." She paused at the bottom of the ramp. "Speaking of the command staff, there is our First Officer. May as well make our introductions."

She did a quick double check to ensure her uniform appearance was acceptable. Then started walking up the ramp. When she reached the top the came to attention then executed a bow that was appropriate, "Chūjitsu Anjin-Shoi reporting for duty. Permission to come aboard."

Landing Bay 2 Corridor

Kakeru found what he was looking for in the 2nd spoil hopper he searched, a solid piece of granite in a vague egg shape about 3/4 of a meter tall and half a meter wide in the middle. A quick rinse and dry at the nearest refresher to remove most of the rock dust covering it and the Chusa's present was ready.

The rock wasn't heavy, not to someone with an NH-33 body, but it did block sight exceptionally well when carried from the front as Kakeru gingerly made his way across the crowded landing bay, trying not to run over or brain someone by accident. Despite a few close calls and quizzical looks, the people around him managed to stay relatively upright and intact as he made his way towards the Ryujo.

Peeking out occasionally from the sides of the rock, he caught a glimpse of a muscular looking man wearing a Chusa's rank tabs receiving the greetings of a... "Was that a green neko??!!..And did I just see a neko with scales??!!..." Shaking his head at the bewildering variety of the universe, Kakeru quickly approached Chusa Nayacesen. The Chusa looked unoccupied at the moment, who knew how long that respite would last?

"Chusa Nayacesen-sama, I'm Santo Hei Shinozaki Kakeru, just recently assigned to the Ryujo." Kakeru bowed as well as he could to the Chusa, encumbered by his "gift".

"Congratulations on the commissioning of your new ship. I was told that it is customary to present a gift for the occasion. May this piece of Tami be a symbol that where ever the Ryujo goes, it will always have a piece of home with it, as well as a reminder of why we fight." Kakeru said as he presented the rock to the Chusa.

"Think I wrapped that up pretty nicely!" Kakeru thought, totally missing the floating mini-neko behind him trying hard not to explode with laughter.

Last edited:
Corridor

Takeyu's smile broadened at Megami's actions. "I'm not an easy person to let down, just try your hardest and always your best," he said to her and looked down the corridor to the ship. "And in the days to come, I'm sure you'll have plenty of chances to show off your capabilities, to which I am looking forward to. Perhaps we can have a mock simulated battle when we depart, you can use it to help hone your skills a bit more."

His attention was then taken by the approuch of a few other crewmen; although when he heard the -sama, he had to briefly think on that - no one had ever really said that to him, and he wondered if he was truly worthy of such an honorific. Takeyu looked at the gift and accepted it, "You have my thanks Santo-Hei, I'll make sure to keep this safe."

Docking Area

Sigrid nodded and followed Anjin up the ramp. The black-skinned neko kept a confident look on her face, before she bowed to the officer standing up. A good looking women with technical corps panels on her bodysuit uniform. It was good that the XO was in that uniform, since that meant it was okay for Sigrid to wear it as well.

"Kongō Sigrid Ittô-Heisho reporting." She said to the officer. "Permission to come aboard ma'am?"

Docking Area

Kumiko struck a short bow in return to Anjin, nodding to Sigrid as she did so as well. "Welcome to the Ryūjō, all of you, I'm Endoh Kumiko-Shoi, acting First Officer. I believe the Chusa should arrive shortly, if you'd like to go ahead and get your belongings settled in your quarters. We'll most likely get the crew together in the near future, once everyone has had a chance to settle in, for a quick briefing." She stepped smoothly to the side, gesturing for the crewmen to head on into the ship, but stayed more or less where she was, awaiting the rest of the crew.

Corridor

Noa could have rushed ahead right into the ship, but no, she took her time on purpose to sneak up on Shinozaki-hei as he presented the lovingly cleaned and selected "gift", what could nearly be called a boulder by lesser strength creatures. Her communications visor was blinking a red dot, meaning she was also recording the entire exchange. She was indeed trying to suppress her laughter as she awaited the fateful moment and how embarrassed he was going to be... but shockingly, nothing like that occurred.

The Chusa accepted the unusual offering with composure and true thankfulness. While this said a lot about her new Captain's humility, this also entirely ruined her plans for him to get berated on the first day on the job -- now he was probably going to get promoted before her! Her silly grin turned into a bit of a puffy cheeked pout of disappointment that only Nayacesan could likely see from his vantage point, and might have given away her little plot if he was particularly perceptive.

Oh well, at least she still got called a"sempai" before by Kakeru, so that's bound to be some other thing she could manipulate him into doing once they were safely aboard. Noa took the high road now and rolled her disappointment into a knowing smile. "Ohh yeah, real smooth, Shinozaki-hei," she whispered into his ear, before coming out of hiding fully and giving a floating bow to the Chusa. "Infotech Santo Hei Amatsukaze Noa, also reporting for duty..."

YSS Ryujo :Main Entrance /Docking Area

Errowyn was a bit amazed at the Officer being the Acing XO, when her appearance ave of that she was a Senior Technician on the YSS Ryujo. She straighten up into a more military posture. With another bow of showing a greater degree of respect.

"Yumeoibiti Errowyn, Joto-Hei, reporting in." Errowyn spoke softly. Nodding to the others in their more dress uniforms and herself still in her flight suit, "Excuse me." She darted back into the ship to find her assigned quarters. Unless delayed by the Acting XO, then she would deal with that.

Main Entrance

Anjin took a few steps and turned to Sigrid. "I hope to see you around Sigrid-San." she then set off down the hallway. She asked the MEGAMI where she was assigned. Finding no designation she pulled up the data. Seeing that there were five officers quarters and the Captain's suite, she felt that the XO should have Cabin 1 one on Deck 2. She would take the second cabin.

Once she arrived at the cabin Anjin looked around. It was a standard officer cabin, not unlike the one she had on her last ship. She placed her bags on the bed and set about to the task of unpacking. She activated her PHC and had it start playing some of her favorite music. She hummed along to the music as she happily set about making this place her home.

Friendly airspace

A pair of fighters were circling around in a lazy circle above the HQ. The pilot of one of them was squeezing his free hand into a fist, then releasing the pressure, and vacillating between the two in agitated boredom. More than anything, he would have loved a good alcoholic beverage with an obligatory cigarette immediately afterwards, but he was on duty and he knew that it wasn't a good idea to report to your new CO "catching the wind more than most." The young fighter pilot in question was Nepsleslian, denoting his need for such substances. His name was Santo Hei Henry "Doc" Holiday, and he was in a boat-load of red tape. He and his wingman had been approaching their newly appointed post when the over-excited ground controller held them up. Doc could already tell that the Yammie kid on the other end was probably holding them up due to their accents, or rather his own. His southern gentleman accent did him no credit anywhere, it seemed. "Santo Hei Henry Holliday, 18, male, serial number 830486." Apparently satisfied with the information sent down to her, the kid's superior gave them the green light to land. Holliday didn't bother consulting his companion when he suddenly went into a fairly sharp descent towards the landing bay of the YSS Ryujo, their new post. He knew that his wingman would follow him closely enough.

YSS Ryujo
Doc Holliday landed quickly, but safely enough that he wouldn't be criticized for being overly aggressive or reckless. He waited for his wingman to land, taking off his helmet and tucking it under his arm. While he waited, he looked around the hanger. The ship design was impressive. The ship obviously had high speed and low drag in mind, but it didn't seem to be sacrificing anything for that goal. In other words, when the Ryujo needed to be somewhere, it would be there quickly and be able to mess someone up pretty good. The carrier they were dispatched from would be cross-eyed while this new ship spun circles around her. Of course, Henry was no expert on the subject of this ship, or capital ships in general. However, you'd have to be a damn fool not to recognize the obvious. "So then, the Yamataian Navy. Well, it could be worse. You could be mercing for the Freespacers." The dentist chuckled at the thought. Well, regardless, he checked himself and made sure that he was presentable for his new post. He noticed the welcoming party, but he decided to keep to himself until his colleague landed.

YSS Ryujo
An fighter identical to the one that had landed has gone into an orbit around the first as it waited for the landing procedure of the first to finish. The pilot had brought the fighter in mention on a textbook landing with rapidly deceleration until the landing gear had made contact with the landing pad below it which brought it to a complete stop. The loud roar of the engines died down quickly before the canopy lifted itself before it had been brought back enough for a figure to climb out of the side and fall unto its feet at the side of the craft. But unlike his flight lead, he didn't remove his helmet as he approached Henry. A simple greeting would have been the first thing he said to his flight lead, though with a quick glance around that evaded him as he remained silent in a moment of awe before the thought of doc up and leaving him to find his way caught his attention and he snapped his gaze back to the flight lead before he removed his helmet. "And here we are, doc. I'm on your six"

"Well then, my generally silent associate, let's be off." Doc Holliday stated before leading the way to the entrance of the docking area. He was rewarded with the sight of another woman in a flight suit retreating into the ship, away from someone who seemed to be an officer. "How convenient." The colonist gentleman approached the officer and stood at the position of attention in front of her, giving her a bow that would show respect for her station... Hopefully, he was still new to this whole "bow to your superiors" business, but he was all about business. "Santo Hei Henry Holliday and Santo Hei Svein Nichols reporting in, mad-. Ahem, Shoi." He held his position and waited for the bow to be returned, as was the custom here... Right? Oh Hell.

Takeyu at first smiled before that smile turned into a bit of a frown. "Shoi?" he asked and placed a hand on his hip. "Actually I'm a Chusa now," he said toward Doc Holiday, although he had to wonder if his service file hadn't been updated given the promotion was recent - if so it would explain why a crewmen had gotten it wrong. "Shall we?" he offered and gestured with a hand to follow him as he lead the small group toward the ships current dock, it was a bit active right now with craft moving in and out of the day - all manners including fighters and shuttles, support vessels as well given how 'deep' the dock was and how high it was as well - in fact - there was another ship just like the Ryujo that was presently docked ten meters above the ship.

The captain stopped briefly to look the ship over, placing one hand on his hip again as he let out a low - yet impressive - whisle, granted he had actually already seen the ship before hand but that was when it was being constructed in the yards and not when it was fully completed. He was happy to see that the unique hull lines he had requested and paint job had been applied per his request, all of which had been done to improve upon the ships stealth capabilities, he knew what the ships mission was - the rest of the crew didn't.

He turned toward the group and gestued toward the ship. "I welcome you to the YSS Ryujo, please stow your gear in an available cabin but first off make sure to greet the XO," he had spotted Kumiko as he was approuching but choose not to make eye contact - yet. "Once your gear has been stowed head to the galley please." With that he walked down the gantry and toward Kumiko, giving the XO a smile and saying, "Good morning Shoi," although they'd already seen each other again - albiet briefly - on the Soyokaze after it had arrived back in port he had yet to really sit down and talk to her.

9th Fleet Docking Area

A shuttle had just dropped off yet another load of passengers and cargo. One of the passengers on this particular shuttle was about average height for a Nepleslian, with dark skin and startling light green eyes. These eyes took in the organized chaos of what would, for the time being, be a new home. The figure stepped forward, backpack slung over one shoulder and the duster open, allowing for air to flow through to the body beneath. Over the other shoulder, a duffel bag with the Star Army of Yamatai stamped on it. The boots made little sound as the figure strode towards the YSS Ryujo. Long black braids bounced a little on the back, almost hiding the split bo.

Once the figure got to the ramp for the Ryujo, it stopped and took in a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "Alright, Sebastian. Show time." The voice belonging to the figure was, if heard, definitely female, though the form itself looked almost male. She looked around, not quite sure whom she was to report to. All she had was the name Chusa Nayacesen, which was the captain and was male. Her specialized armor was being taken to where it would be housed until she needed it.

Last edited:
YSS RYUJO : DECK 3 Crew /Enlisted Quarters

Errowyn ended up on deck 3 and picking out the quarters as closest to the shuttle bay that now housed her Kawarime . She knew she had made a very bad impression on the XO. But was done was done and it was time to move on. She hurriedly unpacked her flight bag of the one duty uniform, pants style. Her personal hygiene kit and a few other knick-knacks of hers that would be useful till she could get the rest of her gear moved in from the underwing storage pod. And then check up on her Daisy to make sure it got to he roper place aboard the YSS RYUJO.

~~screwed the pooch ..~~

"Oh shut up! It could happen to anyone. Besides the Shoi looked like any other tech aboard the ship!" She muttered, quickly changing out of her flight suit and stuffing it along with all of the accessories into the flight bag. She set it next to her helmet on the bottom bunk so that if she got a roommate. It would signify that the bottom bunk was taken.

~~chorus of giggles~~ Making Errowyn blush a bit.

"So I'm crappy at reporting in! It's totally different than it was when I reported to the Chusa of the 2nd and the YSS Heiten. At least she looked like a Officer suppose to look like!" Errowyn sounding defensive as she muttered to her 'Ghost Sisters'.

~~go gettem Hellcat!~~ a soft spoken one chimed up.

Errowyn finished up making herself very presentable and strapping on her sidearm. She reached up and used a rubber-band to fasten her hair back into a ponytail that hung loose down her back. "Lets get this dog n pony show over with."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back