• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

Deck 5

Sigrid took her time to get up to deck where her room should be. She decided to travel up on foot, using the zero-gravity passageways rather then elevators. Still sooner or later she ended up on deck 5, where infantry was to be situated. At least the hips Megami directed her there. Sigrid was glad she did not have to be in one of the squad cabins, but rather as an NCO she could greab one of the crew cabins, so she took the first one. Sigrid walked inside and registered herself to the room. She tossed her bag on one bed and stretched. Now that she was situated it was time to go and see the ship. Meet others and see what kind of place this is. Still she needed to be in the Gally in ten minutes.

Last edited:
YSS Ryujo: Deck 2 Galley

Eager and ready to hear about his first mission, Kakeru was up in the galley that apparently also doubled as the ship's briefing room before the majority of the ship's crew. Still smelling like paint and gleaming new, rows of cooking counters filled most of the room with walking spaces between them. Unsure of which side of the room the Chusa was going to give his presentation from, Kakeru decided to play it safe and set up a seat near the middle of the room. Sitting back, he decided to do as the Chusa ordered and began reviewing the ship's layout and his duty station, which was one of the damage control stations during action. After all, as ground support staff, he was hardly equipped to go space jumping with the Mindys and fighters, so damage control duty was no surprise. Noting the location of the station, he resolved to check in on the way back to his room after the briefing.

7 minutes remaining.

Last edited:
Meiko looked at Ume when she suggested they room together, and she was more than happy to oblige. She ran after Ume and entered the room putting her stuff down and beginning to put her stuff up while listening to Ume. She smiled a bit and nodded. "Thats great, now we can play games the whole trip when not on duty." She says with a big grin. "...Also, I wonder, have you...studied...?" She asks suggestively, of course jokingly. She drops onto the bed and spreads out a bit on it with a huff of happiness. "It feels so good to be on a ship again...with the friends and loved ones I so adore."

Deck 5

Errowyn turned smartly on the balls of her feet and took off down the corridor in the direction she was heading. She disappeared heading up the zero-g passage that lead to the upper decks. She look thoughtful as she made her way up to her cabin.

Deck-3

~~wonder how good they are?~~ She thought to herself making her way onto Deck-3. She could hear muted voices coming from the various crew cabins as she passed by them to hers. She entered her cabin and removed her duffel from her shoulder and flopped it on the bottom bunk to Cabin 25, next to her flight bag.

Deck 3 Crew Cabin 4

Ume quickly unpacked most her things and smiled to Meiko "We can play lots of games..and I did study some." She blushed a little and smiled. "We can't play now though, we have to get to the galley for the briefing." She put away her bag as she spoke and stood up straight, dusting herself off.

Galley

Ume took Meiko along with her of course to head to the galley. The last thing she wanted to do was be late for the meeting so she walked at a quickened pace. When she arrived she looked around quickly and then found a good spot to wait until the captain arrived. She had decided to keep her sword at her hip since she kept the dark cherry wood scabbard in pristine condition it wouldn't' detract from the appearance of the uniform.

Holliday leaned out of the doorway and watched Errowyn go. "Well... She seems to fit our purposes well, and she doesn't seem to be the dull sort." He, of course, means this in the most pragmatically kind way possible. He turned away from the hallway and quickly changed from his flight suit to his duty uniform. "'You will hear Doc a lot more than me, I try to let my flying speak for me?' Is that a challenge, dear Svein?" It was more of a joke than anything else, though his eyes had a look of danger about them. Clearly, he enjoyed the thought of flying against Svein with trepidation. He placed his flight suit in the correct footlocker and proceeded out the door, not content on making the refugee wait any longer. "Let's go look for the galley first, so that we aren't lost when we have to rush there. Then we can go to decks 4 and 6 to look for our fighters." Naturally, the dentist led the way. He was already used to embarrassing himself, you see.

Deck 5

"The galley should be on deck two." Nichols said as he matched his pace with the dentist whilst the two were in transit to the vertical passageway. He said nothing in regard to Holiday's confusion of hangar bays with ship decks, if the worst came to be his comrade would simply find out the hard way. Once the two rookie pilots were at the vertical passageway, Nichols stopped at the edge and looked down at the decks below before he entered for his transit to the galley. "I wonder what back-up plan they have if these things ever fail." He said aloud as if he only meant to verbalize his thoughts before he jumped into the vertical passageway in order for the zero-g's caught his velocity and shot him up to deck two.

Deck 3 -> Galley

Errowyn left her cabin after setting the security code to allow herself in and the future roommate would have to use the ship's MEGAMI to gain access. She made her way to the galley and entered. Looking around at those that had already shown up.

The uniform she wore still had her previous squadron patches on. 21st 'Fighting Diamond' Squadron. It was the spare she kept in her flight bag that she had totally forgotten about after returning to Yamataian Space and Fort Minori.

Finding a seat at one of the vacant tables within the eating area of the galley. As she waited, she looked around at the others.

~~ would these people become like family like my old assignment? ~~ Errowyn thought to herself, not projecting any thought and keeping a neutral expression.

~~ you got us! ~~ Five other voices chimed up at once. ~~ you wanna get rid of us so soon?~~

Errowyn smiled softly as her eyes darted about her, ~~I don't think I'll ever be rid of you five~~

~~ yup! you might as well find a way to join us ~~ One chimed up softly.

~~no! I like seeing what she sees. It would get boring~~ another spoke up with soft vehemence.

Errowyn lips moved as if she was speaking someone but to no one in particular , but no sound came out. ~~ I agree with that assessment ~~

She pulled out her usual electronic notepad and set it before her on the table. She turned it on and pulled out the stylist as she brought up a incomplete picture she was working on. The Crew of the 21st.

Ship's Entryway

Kumiko nodded, letting Takeyu precede her into the ship, and get his things settled. She, of course, had long since been settled in and ready to go, almost a decade of practice making the process of moving a very nearly automatic, thoughtless process that she could take care of in a matter of minutes, even with all of her things, and three days was plenty of time to settle in more thoroughly than was usual, to say the least.

That said, there was no need for her to take time to settle in, and anything she needed to say to any engineering staff could most definitely wait until later. It definitely wasn't like there was anything that needed urgent work after she'd been sorting everything out for so long. So she figured she might as well just make one last circuit of the ship before making her way to the galley, pausing in the entrance as she arrived.

Anjin made her way around the ship, in most cases just opening the door to a room and looking in. As she did with the bridge. There would be plenty of time in the future that she would be working there. The ship had a very new feel to it, and that newness did not entirely sit well with her.

'Well, may as well head to one of the most likely places that folks will gather. So the dining hall it is. Even if there is no food ready, there is sure to be beverages available.' she thought. She made her way down to Deck three and walked into the Dining Hall. When the door opened she stepped in and took a moment to orient herself. Spotting the beverage station she walked over and made herself a cup of green tea. She added two spoon fulls of raw sugar into it and made her want to a nearby table to sit and observe and wait.

Galley

Inside the Galley was a Neko with brown hair and red eyes by the name of Geminite, she was chopping away at some meat with a meat cleaver when she heard something behind her and turned her head - eying Errowyn and Ume; the girls eyes narrowed a bit as she spun around on her heels and planted the back of the cleaver up against the top of her shoulder. "And what are you two doing in 'my' kitchen?" she asked in a rather demanding tone, she had the bars of an Ittô Juni.

Captains Quarters

Takeyu entered into his quarters, looking them over with a nod of the head - they weren't like the ones on the Soyokaze but they would do none the less. As he was setting his bags down, the man thought for a moment before he slapped his forehead - "ahh crap," she muttered and glanced upward toward the ceiling as he looked into his brain for a moment about the announcement he'd sent and realized that he'd made a pretty big error. "Would figure that on my second command I'd do that..." the captain grumbled and went to send out another message.

"~Nayacesen-Chusa to all crew, I want to inform everyone to disregard my previous announcement about going to the galley for the meeting - instead - please head to the mess hall,~"

He sat down on his bed and laid his head onto the pillow. "I never should've let my friend talk me into drinking those eighteen beers a few weeks ago... I think they are still affecting me..." the man sighed once more and then got up off his bed, tidied up his uniform, and then made his way out of his quarters and toward the mess hall.

Galley -> Mess

"Chusa's orders. Either put the cleaver down or use it. Itto." Errowyn softly growled as a hand dropped below the table edge. Then she stood up and left with her electronic note pad, when the new orders from the Chusa came over the public address system.
The flap or strap that held her service side arm was unsecured.

She entered the Mess and made her way over to the drink dispenser. She nodded to the Shoi with the triple S colored tab as she passed by her to help herself from Drink Dispenser. She hoped there was some fruit juice she could get instead of the usual 'pick-me-up' drinks that everyone else favored.

Once the se had her drink in hand, Errowyn moved to her usual place in the shipboard Mess. A booth along one of the walls. She settled down on the seat, scooting to the wall, turned slightly towards the center of the room.

Once settled, she secured her sidearm and resumed working on her drawing of former squadron mates.

YSS Ryujo: Deck 2 Galley

Kakeru's head came up from studying the ship's layout as the CO's announcement was broadcasted through the ship.

"Oh crap, I was in the wrong galley!", he thought as he checked the schematics for the location of the Mess Hall and found another galley beside it.

"One floor down, towards the bow. Damn, think I'm going to be late. Today really hasn't been a good day."

Memorizing the directions needed to get to the Mess, Kakeru utilized his AG to float off the floor in a rather brazen display of bad manners and accelerated for the nearest zero-G drop tube at a speed that was definitely unsafe.

Hopefully with the last minute change in location, other people would be late as well. Being the last person arriving late at a meeting was bound to leave a bad impression.

Last edited:
Deck 2

Nichols entered Deck 2 by a landing on the bery edge of the vertical passageway when the Chusa had announced a change in the crew meeting area, which was now the mess. The pilot embraced the first law of motion and fell back into the zero-g passageway as Kakeru zipped past Nichols. With no force of gravity to fight against his now constant velocity, Nichols executed a simple backflip so that his feet would hit the wall of the passageway that was opposite of the many deck entrances. With an easy bunching up of the muscles in his legs, the pilot dived down to the Deck 3 entrance in a flip much like before.

It became apparent to Nichols he hadn't properly planned his landing unto Deck 3 when the roll he'd hoped would land him on his feet went slower than he'd needed. The end result was a crash unto the deck in a sitting position, yet with the speed he'd used before still in effect Nichols rolled until he hit the opposite end of the horizontal passageway with his legs parallel to the wall and his back on the floor with a dazed expression on his face that was aimed at the ceiling. "Note to self..." Nichols mumbled before he got to his feet again and fixed his uniform as best he could.

Last edited:
Deck 3

Whoops! She must have been more tired than she thought, for Noa had apparently got so comfortable on the gigantic seeming bunk bed in her quarters that she had fallen into a microsleeping catnap, lulled by the hum of the complex machinery nearby. Thankfully, she was roused to wakefulness by a little beeping alert in her amber visor that was replaying the Chusa's message about a change in location of the briefing to the Mess Hall. She stretched her arms as big as a mini-Neko could, giving a cute little yawn to go along with it, before propelling herself onto the floor. Her small baggage was neatly stuffed under the bed, and she smoothed out any wrinkles she might've made in her tiny uniform with a free hand. She wondered if any other brave soul would set foot in the cabin while she was gone, maybe some poor guy who drew the shortest straw of the lot... hopefully he didn't mind the noise there either.

Noa whistled merrily as she kicked into gear and hovered down the corridor, pleased that the last minute clarification by the Captain meant that she was even closer to her destination and could likely beat the mad rush of the crowds there -- she didn't exactly like being trampled on after all. However her little jaunt was interrupted by a rumbling whoosh of air and what apparently was a giant Nepleslian bowling ball coming right at her, which forced her to zip up quickly onto the ceiling to dodge him as he slammed into the wall with a thud.

As Nichols stared up from the floor and eventually got to his feet he saw a 8" tall miniature Nekovalkyrja with green hair and pink eyes hanging about midair staring down at him only a few inches from his face. She seemed to be giggling at his antics, pleased to have possibly found another male crewmate to josh around in addition to Kakeru. "I think you need to work on your landings more, Mr. Flyboy. Are you alright?" asked the whimsical technician with a hint of legitimate concern, as the Nepleslian could also notice a tiny Medic patch on her red-paneled uniform.

Last edited:
"Backup? I reckon that would be the good ol' mark one transportation equipment." Doc Holliday patted his lap to emphasize the point. "Or marks two and three, if you're feeling cheeky." He smirked at his own joke, looking quite pleased with himself. He waited for Svein to zip up before he went in after him. He stepped off of the grav lift with a smug look at his wingman's misfortunes. "Silly man, don't you know we're supposed to be subtle in our interactions?" The dentist said while wagging his finger at the other fighter pilot. Joking aside, he helped Nichols up and leaned against the wall with his left arm out-stretched. "I believe he'll be fine, madame." Upon noticing the Medic patch, he raised an eyebrow. "Though I suspect you would know more on the subject of health than I would." He conceded. He gestured to himself. "Santo Hei Henry Holliday, at your service. The possibly concussed gentleman is Santo Hei Svein Nichols, my wingman." The chronic gambler gave a sly look at said wingman. "Though I hope he's far more visceral in a fighter craft than he tries to be as an organic bowling ball."

Deck 3

Kioko made her way to the cabins and looked for a room with a spare bunk finding one in D5-C3 she hissed with delight, She dumped all her stuff on the extra bunk and started to unpack seeing that all her small amount of things were packed up and she had everything that she needed one her body she leaves the room and made her way to the Mess Hall quickly.

Mess Hall

Kioko walked into the Mess Hall, her Snake eyes scan the room she saw everyone already there and grinned and walked over to a wall to lean against it, she sighed but was happy as she could look around the whole room to see her new crew.

Last edited:
Deck 2-3: Service Corridor

"Oh dear, did I do that?" Kakeru thought as he heard an almighty clatter behind him after he had exited the tube. "Screw it, if we're late, at least we're all late together."

Setting his feet back on the floor, he hurried back to the entrance of the zero-G tube and apologised profusely to the crewman the one called "Holliday" introduced as Nicols-san. "Sumimasen, sumimasen (formal apology), I wasn't looking at where I was going. Sumimasen.", as he repeatedly bowed to the crewmen in the flight suit. "Noa-sempai? You're here too?", he remarked as he spotted familiar floating green hair.

"Sumimasen, I was in too much of a hurry to get to the briefing, I'm Santo Hei Shinozaki Kakeru, onegaishimasu (hope you'll treat me kindly-polite japanese greeting phrase)", Kakeru introduced himself to the two pilots. "We better hurry, we're almost late.", he added as he looked worriedly in the direction of the Mess.

Mess-hall

Sigrid walked into the mess, but she was still early. Looking around, she saw that it was still pretty empty. She did notice Chūjitsu-shoi though, making a tea for herself. Sigrid walked by and grabbed a mug, making a cup of black tea for herself. After all black tea was best tea as far as she was concerned.

"You know shoi," Sigrid said to Anjin. "If some people would saw you put sugar into green tea, they would probably strangle you."

Deck 3

Nichols had expressed his gratitude to the help Holiday gifted him with help getting Nichols back on his feet. Both Kakeru and Noa's appearances had him surprised by how closely timed the two were, though both of them had presented a legitimate concern for his well being which meant a single response would simultaneously satisfy them. However, Kakeru's apologies was something Nichols took into account before he turned to the Minkan. "Mondai nai (It's no problem)" His blended accent was rather defined as he hoped his Yamataigo would set any worries at bay. "The only thing marginally damaged is my ego"

Despite Kakeru had averted his gaze to the direction of the mess, Nichols saw it fit to bow in an act of mutual apology. "I miss-calculated my angle and trajectory." After he had raised himself from the bow, the Nepleslian took a couple of steps to his side and gestured for everyone to go ahead of him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back