• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

News Stories

In-character news and updates from all over the Star Army universe!
Empress Motoyoshi Katsuko released today that she intends to give up the throne of Yamatai. A move that comes as no surprise in wake of the dissolution of her Clan within the Empire, and their controversial move to free the United Outer Colonies. "I deeply regret what has happened, I am shamed by what has happened and I apologize to the people of the Empire. The throne was not for me, my place is not in the civilian arena." A clip, showing part of the interview with Motoyoshi showed. The former Empress insured us that a successor, likely a Ketsurui will be named shortly, that she has left the mandate up to Taisho Yui to appoint, claiming her shame will not allow her to conduct such important business.
Regularly scheduled broadcasts were interrupted, as the Empress called an addressed to her people; citizen of the Yamatai Star Empire. The camera focused in on the podium, as Katsuko took her place behind it. "The Yamatai Star Empire, stands..." She began. "We stand alone it seems in a universe of constantly changing dynamics. Alone because we have lost our way, war has shaped us to be something that we are not. A picture has begun to be painted of us, one that is in a negative and false light." She took a breath, looking down briefly at the datapad in front of her. "The Star Army of Yamatai has responded to the threats issued to this nation by the Freespacers, a group that should have kept to its own business and out of ours. Our...
Our Glorious Fleets have succeeded again under strong leadership of Mistress Taisho Yui. Following up promptly upon Empress Motoyoshi's classification of the 'Freespacers' as enemies of the Empire, Taisho Yui combined the elements of many of our Standard Fleets and lead them to a victory. The Mistress Taisho faced this challenge with honor, even dispatching a group of remnant SMX and a rouge faction of our own Empire while securing the former regions occupied by the Freespacers. Among the rebels killed, was Motoyoshi Kiyoko, a Princess from the Imperial family. When asked what happened, our Imperial informants merely stated that the Empress had been concerned with her daughter's recent changes in behavior and was shocked to find out...
News broadcasts were interrupted, and the image of the Imperial podium upon the steps of the Empress' Palace came into clarity. The Empress, Motoyoshi Katsuko with two Blackcoats flanking her on either side emerged from the large palace doors and approached the podium. "People of the Nation; The Yamatai Star Empire. I come to you this evening with heavy news, to declare the Freespacers as enemies of the Empire." She paused a moment, and continued after taking a breath. "The Freespacers, willingly and with intent of malice became in league with our mortal enemy, the Mishhuvurthyar." Katsuko knew, the serious nature of this announcement, having been fully aware of the situation through SAINT, and the military. "These Freespacers intend...
A pleasant change in the topic of our news cast, away from the scene of Helna and into the heart of the Empire. Imperial spokesmen reported today that the Empress Motoyoshi Katsuko and Taisho Shimizu Akina are now engaged to be married. The newly promoted Taisho reportedly proposed to her royal highness in the Imperial Gardens at sunrise; the couple are likely to announce a date for the ceremony sometime in the coming weeks. Street festivals will be arranged for next month to officially kick off the celebration on Yamatai and Jiyuu. Other festivities will be announced as they become available.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back