• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission 000604 System

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is a background area that may not even be visited in RP. I'm fairly certain that any other planets in the system wouldn't be visited at all. Why would we waste time fleshing those out now?

Similarly, why would we waste time calculating the radius or the mass of the planet? Gravity is included and if for some reason I have a player that does need to know just how far the lithosphere of the planet extends outwards then I can math that out then.

Along those lines, why would I waste any of my time writing down what rocks people are going to find inside of a gas-giant? Or spend any time duplicating content that is already ready for approval in the starbase article?

Yes, this is the bare minimum because this is an NPC stub article. It meets the standards of the site and no more because anything more is a waste of everyone's time.

If you want to see more fluff, go approve the articles with the fluff that are waiting on approval.

Well, I can't say much now. :eek:
If I keep asking for you to put more stuff in it'll turn into a mess.
Wes stepped in and gave his input and overall if he says it's okay; it's okay.

APPROVED

Often times, reading over an article, we want to know more, but as tech reviewers we also need to remember that having questions about a submission is necessarily a reason to stop it from approval. A player wrote to me about this is a more more long and eloquent way about this and it's stuck with me ever since and I wish I could find it to share the link. But the gist was that SARP reviewers had a tendency to poke at submissions with questions rather than give clear instructions on how to make the item approachable, and that our curiosity sometimes went overboard, and become a hassle.

I mean, the article's not a shining example that all other articles should aspire to be, nor possesses the level of detail we'd want for a playable faction, but it's got all the information that Zack has given about in his RP, and it serves its purpose. It's not overpowered and it fits in the SARPiverse, which are the two main things reviewers are here to stop, so I thought it was okay and gave my opinion -- but almost note I didn't swoop in and approve it myself, because I wanted to leave it up to the submission mods.

Due to the reasons mentioned here, I'd like to request that @Zack (or anyone else, for that matter) be allowed to make the following minor edits to the article - as in its current state it violates the Faction Rights of the Elysian Celestial Empire by misrepresenting the faction against the wishes of its Faction Manager, @META_mahn:

Last edited:
Hey, disregard my earlier (deleted) post approving the edit, it turns out the 4th GECE wasn't founded until YE 35 so it couldn't have found this star system in YE 24.

Oh, I guess I did say that.

*embarassed headscratch*

Hmm, I guess YE 18 it is? I don't think it will make a huge difference (?).

It doesn't really matter which Elysian group discovered the planet, does it?

I don't mean to be rude, @Wes, but in my opinion as the former Elysian Faction Manager it does matter - because the Elysian Celestial Empire simply wouldn't have had any reason to send scouts (or any other kind of ship, for that matter) into the Western Sector. Not when this thread of the YSS Anoiktos plot indicates that the Elysian Celestial Empire was still in the process of exploring the much, much, much closer Elysian Expanse as recently as YE 38 - over a decade after 000604 was supposed to have been discovered in YE 24.

Just so everyone is clear.

Frost was asked not to edit my articles.

He then edited the article to make YE 18 the founding date WHICH WAS NOT APPROVED.

He then started this thread, after he knowingly changed the founding date in an attempt to change what was already approved.

The history that makes sense and was approved when I originally submitted them for approval has sense been restored.

--

I would ask that Frost be banned from the wiki and NTSE so he can no longer intentionally cause these kinds of problems on the site.

Firstly, @Zack, you have been told repeatedly that @Wes decided that the founding date of the 4th Great Elysian Celestial Empire was YE 18 in this post, which automatically approves it due to Wes being the Setting Manager.

Secondly, Zack, you started this thread, not me.

Thirdly, Zack, I already told you here that I edited the article in order to make it match what Wes established as canon.

Fourthly, Zack, the history does not make sense for the reasons that I stated here (and elsewhere, though I'm too tired to look them up as it's 1:06am for me).

What "timeline" edit are you even referring to, @Zack? If you mean the revision of the 4thGECE's founding date, I already explained why I made the edit here - and if Wes thinks something makes sense on Star Army, it makes sense on Star Army.

I've reviewed the posts and I found that, as approved, the 4th GECE was approved as having been founded in YE 35 instead of YE 18 so I've posted a corrective edit on the linked post. Sorry for the confusion it caused. Please adjust accordingly.

Due to the reasons mentioned here, I'd like to request that @Zack (or anyone else, for that matter) be allowed to make the following minor edits to the article - as in its current state it violates the Faction Rights of the Elysian Celestial Empire by misrepresenting the faction against the wishes of its Faction Manager, @META_mahn:

I approve of the change to the planetary data to clarify which Elysians are there now but not the suggested change to the opening, because the planet was discovered in YE 24 canonically so it had to be some regular Elysians.

Neither Aendri, myself, or @META_mahn ever approved of Elysian Celestial Empire assets being used by Zack in his wiki articles, though, @Wes. >.<

Edit: It’s like saying that Yamataian scouts had discovered the planet in YE 24 - even though you had never approved of such actions (as, well, in YE 24 it wouldn’t have ICly make sense for Yamatai to send scouts that far out into what’s effectively the middle of nowhere).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back