• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission 000604

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
slooooow. If you want just move this to rejected and I'll ping you when its ready for another look.

I understand real life has it's claims but as it stands, due to the fact Ame is on a hiatus I will, with her blessings, take this over due to your new tech submission. Please put more detail into the system, include the uninhabitable planets, the gas giants, and if you can please put some lore into the system that you're taking over as the capital of the 4th Elysian Celestial Empire.

I really don't see the need to do this first. A big feature of the system is the ring of starbases around the planet and the stellar pump. If something on the starbases needs to be changed it would mean I'd need to change the planet article in order to keep the feel I want for my NPC faction.

One of the two of them needs to come first, and it makes more sense to be to get the starbase finished, then planet, then system.

As it stands, if the system doesn't exist, how can I possibly approve a star base that's located in it?
As I said before, please work with me as I attempt to speed along your content.

Plenty of systems exist only in RP or as mentions without full writeups. In this case you'd be approving a class of starbase that exists in a star system. There isn't anything inherently game breaking about star systems so this should be fine.

Then to reach hard cannon status that star system would need to go up for approval at which point that article would need to match what is in this article as well as any RP associated with it.

As far as SARP rules go, the starsystem right now is soft canon while it waits on a hard canonizing wiki article.

"Ideally all soft canon should become hard canon by writing about it in the wiki and getting the article approved (if necessary). This should be done as soon as possible by the GM, thread OP, or any other person involved in the RP. Failure to do so could result in roleplays that contradict each other."

Please work with me as I attempt to give your submissions a speedy approval.

Should not Must

More importantly, a location being soft cannon instead of firm cannon shouldn't be basis for holding up other things that are currently soft cannon instead of firm cannon.

If it is roleplay contradictions that you are worried about, then we should be focused on getting stuff into the wiki as efficiently as possible.

At this point, you're doing more harm then good. All I'm asking is that you flush out your star system that currently does not exist in hard canon. I am not rejecting it. I want it to happen, but you need to back it up with some hard evidence.

Your station exists in a system that is not there. Your generator exists as that station's main power source. They are both one and the same.
I can approve your technology but there would be no basis for the resources you have soft-canon'd into your possession to build such infrastructure.

Finishing this system would give you canonized resources, it would set a limit, and it would allow me to pass better judgement.
Please flesh out this submission. It has been pending for long enough.

The system is soft cannon, mentioned in approved wiki articles, and talked about in RP, it just doesn't have its own article.

The mentions in the starbase, faction article, and RP should be more than sufficient to explain here the resources come from and what happened.

There doesn't seem to be a reason to hold up other articles while waiting on this one.

"Mentioned" and "Talked about"
I will say this here now. Your star bases, your fleets, your assets - they do not exist until this system is no longer a WIP. You cannot expect me to approve your assets until I know exactly what planet it is surrounding and the exact make-up of the gas giants that you are using as your resource point.

You have no capital until this submission is approved, Zack.

"The 000604 system is filled with uninhabitable planets, including gas giants towards the exterior of the system and smaller rocky worlds towards the interior."

You are fighting when all I want is to see this submission fleshed out and approved. I already told you that once this is done - I will go back to your other submissions and approve them in accordance to the rules of the NTSE.

Starbase articles don't require an article for the location of every starbase to be approved. Just like how ship class articles don't require articles for each named ship, where it was built, and what it is being used for. I'm putting up wiki articles for things as they are finished up, and there is plenty of stuff up for approval now that isn't dependent on a location article.

My problem here, is other articles being held up while waiting on this one.

I don't know why this is so difficult.
Your system, your capital, everything that gives a reason for me to approve your two "finished" articles - does not exist. This has been here since the beginning of May.

This
article should have been finished before you went on to submit your star base.

@Talarn: Since you're still new at reviewing, I want to point out that you are allowed to reject submissions outright in cases where an author is overly uncooperative.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back