• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

100% YAMATAIAN ZESU KATANA QUESTION

Fian

Do Zesu blades become blunt from use against lesser materials?

Do Zesu blades become blunt or damaged in Zesu on Zesu action (armor or another blade)?

Can a Zesu blade cut Zesu armor?

If a Zesu blade becomes blunt or damaged due to contact with Aether or Antimatter, or due to reasons above, how are they sharpened, rehoned or repaired?

How widespread is the use of Zesu blades in personal articles and in Power Armor?

Does Yamatai make less-than-zesu swords for practical or ceremonial purposes?

I know an answer to the last one if you're referring to Zesuaiaum; Less than Zesu swords are made for practical and ceromonial use. I do not know if Ketsurui makes them but Tamahagane does. Zesu is not practical for nonpowered infantry that aren't nekos, as it's way too heavy. It's also totally unnecessary against anything that's not a power armor.

1) No, Zesuaium blades do not become blunt on lesser materials.

2) No, Zesuaium blades do not become blunt by hitting other Zesuaium blades.

3) No, Zesuaium armor cannot be cut by normal means.

4) Damaged Zesuaium blades cannot be repaired and have to be replaced. Sometimes they can be recycled into other objects by cutting off some parts with industrial plasma cutters. However, some Zesuaium weapons are hollow for mass reduction purposes and these would have to just be disposed of.

5) Use of Zesuaium blades is fairly rare except for the Mindy's aether blades and the samurai, although there are some weapons, especially those made from recycled Ketsurui Fleet Yards YE 22-era hull plating, in circulation.

6) Yamataian manufacturers primarily make practical weapons, as there are no Imperial laws against owning or carrying around razor-sharp swords. While there's probably some companies out there that make them just for show, in general most ceremonial blades are also completely functional.

What sort of attacks can damage Zesu blades/armor?

Zesu is not practical for nonpowered infantry that aren't nekos, as it's way too heavy
Bro, do you even hoist? Here are the strength capacities from the wiki and Wes' posts. NH-33 = 250KG. ID-SOL (pure) - 750-1000kg. ID-SOL (hybrid) - 250-500 kg. ID-SOL is stronk.

Syaoran might be thinking about the zesuaium-made aether saber-rifles. Most weapons meant to be used in power armor are usually too heavy to be well used by an unaugmented person, including a neko. Carrying capacity versus being able to wave it around competently are two different things.

Also, it's a fact that zesuaium - like yamataium - is considered to be heavy ship armor. So, yeah, it's considered on the weighty side of things compared to other materials despite it's nature actually being... 3d-modeling vertices, edges and polygons rather than an actual material (which is kind of what Wes alludes by "thinking too hard about it" - it's a sci-fi super-material with exotic manufacturing techniques).

However, a man-wielded sword with a blade made out of zesuaium is pretty much wieldable by any grown person.

Last night, I think Fian realized he forgot to ask a few things. I'm sure a few of the questions are slipping my mind, but I do know he was wondering just how the Zesuaium weapons are disposed of if they're considered useless.

Zesuaium, because it's really sharp and not crush-able or melt-able, is considered a sort of hazardous material and it's not allowed in normal trash. Also small pieces of Zesuaium are not useful for construction either. It's disposed of in aether furnaces or sometimes just dumped in a designated area on a shitty garbage world like Yiqucibu.

There has been some discussion of making a never-dulling Zesuaium face razor series made from thin cuts of old Zesuaium parts, but nobody's managed to do it yet.

If Zesu is damaged by plasma why not toss it into the sun for disposal?

Also I dont wanna cut my head off trimming a stubble k thx bai

Last edited:
Alright, here's a good question: How easy is it to find zesuaium shards on the market? Zesuaium plates? Aforementioned materials on old battlefields? Debris fields? I'm asking for. . . a friend. Yeah, let's go with that one.

Most of the ships that could be salvaged at old battle sites have been salvaged, but there's still lots of debris out there from the Mishhuvurthyar wars. Heck, you could probably buy some from Second Chance Salvage for cheap.

Zesu remains restricted technology, though. So don't get caught.

Gotta imagine the market for the stuff is next to zero, unless the shape is somehow particularly advantageous. It's too unmanageable a material.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back