• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

10th Anniversary: Taking Stock

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
With the new, improved forum we have merged both of Star Army's last two forums into one, which means it gives more of a picture of the site's long history. Look how far we've come!
  • Over 199,000 posts, dating back to 2004 (before that, we were on ezBoard)
  • 3196 approved setting submissions and/or characters
  • 9653 wiki articles and 7583 media files uploaded to the wiki
  • 1 great community
2013 is our 10th anniversary! In the ten years since SARP was created, we have outlived so very many other roleplaying sites, and indeed websites in general. We're survivors because we keep posting RP and we continue to welcome our new members with open arms, making them part of the group instead of feeling like outsiders. Also, we are around because members have time and time again stepped up with donations and subscriptions that keep the site paid for. And even though I've put something like $8000 into the site over the last 10 years, most of the time it's a blast to run and I want to keep going.

I also want to thank you guys for being my friends. This is a roleplaying site, so there's basically going to be drama in our DNA, and it shows how strong our bonds are that we're able to have such intense debates about stuff like how often catgirls should poop and then turn around and work together as a sort of family afterward.

As we look over our achievements as a community, it might be tempting to think that it happened on its own, but that's not the case. Every day people have poured in their efforts, whether it's playing, GMing, writing wiki articles, or behind-the-scenes planning and technical upgrades, or voicing opinions in our very passionate discussions. So to those who are, or once were active participants, I thank you so sincerely.

If we want to make it another 10 years, we have to continue the things that made us successful the first ten: keep RP active and make new plots, find and include new people, post often on the forums, and be good pals to each other. We can't take these things for granted and assume other players will do it. The flag is each of ours to carry.

With love,

Wes Davis
Founder, Star Army Roleplaying Community

Having been here for a big chunk of those ten years, I know I've had a great time, I know I've met some of the finest friends a person can make, and I know if I could do it all again I would.

Thanks Wes for being our host, it's been good, and here's to keeping it going.

PS. The number of times a neko should poop is zero.

I return from the depths of space to say... Happy Birthday to you Star Army! Only getting better with age... just how I like it. :)

Wow. I can't believe I've been with SARP for more than half of its existence! Having first taken note of SARP through an ad campaign in 2006, and Joining in 2007, it certainly has been a long while, and quite a ride.

We're all old farts together, I suppose, since myself and Kai were close in timing (at least for official join dates). It's been a great run so far.

Hard to believe I have been here for over five years already. : Here is to another five

I'm surprised my account still exists almost 4 years after I left haha. Congrats on the 10 years, glad to see you guys are still going strong! Saw Wes' email about the new site and had to see it for myself, looks and feels pretty awesome. I've been playing with the idea of coming back to the site now that I'm out of college, so you might see me in the near future! Just need to skim through 4 years worth of world building to figure out what's happened in the universe.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back