• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

$15 Character Artworks from Zairyo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well sorry for the delay, you have Clear to thank and their poor *censor* service, which is as clear as a *censor* dirty *censor* after eating at *censor* Taco Bell for a week. Would say month but I doubt any human or animal can survive that.

Can you move the jacket opening slightly to the left (our left; not hers)? The line down the front should basically center on her right breast. Right now it looks slightly too close to the center line. Also there should be no corners on the collar (it has a curved shape like this)

Here is a reference for the Type 35 female belt:

I especially like the hat shape you did.

Wow, Zairyo, you've really improved. I don't have much leeway to spend for the next few weeks, but hit me up with your prices sometime and we can work a few jobs in if you're free.

This will sound like a complain, sort of is but believe me when I say, I am really grateful for the opportunity and as long as you guys want, I want to keep drawing for you. Now you have to understand I never played in Star Army, I intended to, it was the whole reason I made the account in the first place but then stuff happened and I was incredibly lucky that Wes hired me countless times for work. What I'm trying to say is I don't know Star Army like the back of my hand, I'm very familiar with it yes but I don't know enough to the point of grasping which rank is which, what uniform goes with what or any of that. If the character has previous art (especially if the previous art isn't mine) I take that art as the main reference. When I post the rough sketch I expect all the corrections to be posted with links when necessary (like Wes did here https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum...artworks-from-zairyo.16638/page-4#post-243463 ) if after I post the rough I get approval instead of corrections, I move on to the other phase. Getting corrections after approval means I would have to start over. That delays me a lot, so please keep that in mind, I wish I was good enough to do it like a machine but I'm not, I do my best on every request and doing it twice is problematic 'cause it doesn't look the same even when traced.

Now, this is the latest Nenene and has no rank 'cause there was no link to it, (I open a tab of all the references so that I don't leave anything important behind) and I forgot to check before I did the detailing. As to the promotion, well you tell me, I don't know the difference. What would change?

First off, Nenene looks absolutely awesome

I understand making changes after a certain point makes things difficult. I am an illustrator too and understand after you go so far its just not possible to modify the piece without it taking a lot of time. I figured since it was still at the pencil sage last I had seen that it was on to put in a last minute small change.

I did not notice she had no rank earlier, I forgot the uniform has the whit stripe mid way up for the end of the cuff and thought that was the single gold stripe from her old rank. If it is not possible to add the 2 gold stripes at this point, I understand and will work around it, so no worries if it is an issue at this point.

I did post a link in my post. Its just 2 gold stripes on her cuff rather than 1 of her old rank.

Re-post of the link:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:taii

But for further clarification here is the existing art of Nenene from her bio page, linked on the original request, which she has a single gold stripe on the sleeve above the white stripe from the cuff:

the new rank, if you are able to make the addition, is just 2 gold stripes rather than 1 (guess this is a better reference than the one I originally posted anyways since it shows the rank on uniform):

Last edited:
Beautiful work, Zairyo. I may be requesting something in the future, should a character of mine get a bit more famous to warrant it.

I just noticed that since Nenene is in Task Force 77 instead of a regular fleet, there is currently no art for a sleeve patch to put on her left arm. Zairyo, please disregard the fleet patch in this case. I will photoshop it on later once there is some art available for TF77.

I tried to put everything an artist would want to know in the wiki page for the Type 35 uniform and I'm happy to answer any questions about uniform details. I'm just trying to achieve consistency.

The only thing I see that needs to be added other than the rank stripes is the set of seam lines on the front her skirt (seen on the chibi and on the ref below).

I tried posting this yesterday but the site was down. In any case, check the colors if they are OK. (do not worry about the gun)

I've already said this on Facebook, but this looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ