Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [188604] 16: The Storm

• Thread starter Thread starter Zack
  • Start date Start date
:: Palace Exterior (somewhere in the town) ::

Just when Errowyn was making headway to fall prey to the tangle mess of monofilament wire blown right into her. Getting caught and with the wind entangling her. Then the debris it carried, slammed into her, knocking her off balance and causing her tumble and be dragged away with it. At first she tried slowing herself down, but that only dug the monofilament wire deeper into the crevices and joints of the armor.

With the big tangle of web of monofilament wire acting as a sail, catching the strong winds. She growled and raced to catch up with the big ball of wire and debris as she was part of. She had to get out of the storm in order to facilitate the removal of the wire.

It was just to heavy for the power armor jump jets to lift off the ground from all the junk trapped within the tangled up ball monofilament wire. Without warning she was flipped over the rolling ball of monofilament wire, becoming more entangled up with it.

"I'm gonna stick to my Kawarime! Hell with this ground action!" Errowyn muttered, her mind racing as suddenly she felt weightlessness. Several things raced through her mind during that moment. ~~Oh Crap! I'm on water!" ~~

She began to seal up the Daisy Power Armor for underwater environment activity. At least it was quiet.

~~Quiet?~~ Errowyn realized instead of water and sinking, rolled over a cliff into a deep ravine...

:: Ravine ::

Bammmm! Wham! Crash! Thud! Boom! Pop!

Then the soft sounds of sand settling upon her as she faded into unconsciousness from impact...

Queen's Slave, Loading Ramp,>

“You only get to use such sass because you can blow us all up.” Uso responded flatly, glaring at Arccos as she used her fingers to lift Uso's chin.

Uso would then yell back towards the bridge,

“IVORY! BLOODBAGS!” Followed by a short pause as Uso briefly turned her attention to the I'ee, “AND JUICEBOXES!”

The team's other doctor would soon be bringing a bag down a bag full of goodies scrounged from the ship, followed closely by a guard with strict orders to keep her safe on pain of Uso brutally murdering him. Ivory's pack was just as white as her outfit... which was far less sand-stained than the creatures gathering in the ship's loading bay.

“Wow... you look terrible,” Ivory said, fishing a pair of blood bags from her bag and handing them to Uso,

“Nice to see you too...” Uso saw Ivory take look over at the I'ee sharp mandibles and added, “Those things are adorable, You can go near them without power armor.”

Ivory would then go to the nearest I'ee and start handing out juice boxes, using her hands to strip the plastic off the straw and puncture the top of the box for them.

Outside>

There seemed to be fewer and fewer rioters and enemy soldiers... perhaps because they keep getting killed. Regardless, this wasn't quite over yet. A loud THUMP passed over everyone at the palace, the deep, loud, noise rattling walls, briefly overpowering the sound of the cannon fire and lightning strikes.

The sound came from Mt Mt. Gleipnir, which was entirely hidden by the storm itself. The massive blast seeming to calm the storm for just a few moments before the sand-winds started blowing again at full force, now accompanied by the faint sound of distant churning rocks.

"Right," 8-Ball said as he looked over at the I'ee girl he had carried this far. "Not much more good to be done here now anyways." With that, he scooped up Gut-Stripe in his arms once more and raced towards the Queen's Slave as it landed. He made it inside the ship just before a loud explosion could be heard echoing in the distance.

Queen's Slave>

The Ee'ith ambassador let out a happy squeak when Arccos gave her a nuzzle, buzzing her wings as she hopped away to join the four engineers chatting amongst themselves. The supplying of juice boxes amongst the five I'ee brought a lot of excitement with it; each of them examining the cartons curiously. One engineer experimentally bit into her carton, squeezing a splash of juice out onto her face, and let out an excited, chattering sound. The five wasps then began munching hungrily upon the juice boxes, apparently unaware that the straws would make for easier extraction of their contents.

As 8-Ball entered with Gut-Stripe in tow, who was now fully awake, more I'ee began to arrive at the freighter. It seemed like the arrival of the relatively familiar spacecraft had served like a beacon for the wasps, who wanted nothing more than to get away from the nasty, dusty town and back into a sterile environment.
Gut-Stripe let out a low chattering sound, unable to speak in Trade/Yamataigo without a speaker, as she was released, pausing for a moment before giving him a pat on the arm. She hoped that would answer his question sufficiently.

Palace Walls

Above the flurry of activity around them, the tall lankish form of the brooding machine just looked on with silent perplexity. As the storm suddenly subsided in their area, and the glowing mass of peppering-sand on shields began to spark directly above them, their first thought was to run, but... Where was there to go? Their home was a wreck even before it had crashed down on this maker-forsaken dust ball. The very baseline of their programming made them feel ill for having left it's corroded walls, but in terms of function, to what end would staying there serve now?

Squatting down and just thinking of nothing, letting the little wasps muddle about something or other... That at least calmed them, somehow.

The ship was now in full view, laying it's decking onto the dirt. They got up and followed Arccos to a point near its hull, carefully placing their cumbersome orange boots away from the excited insectiods. Watching a Type Three greeting some half-naked Nekovalkyrja didn't feel right, through. Truffleclub didn't understand this world at all anymore.

"I no armor. I no shield. But not going..." A slow, deliberate tone, axe perched on one shoulder. "Ar-cuss... If trust... You are being safe? But will not come with. I do not trust."

A glance, directly towards the Lament, despite an entire city and a storm being in the way.

Perhaps it was a grave. But it was everything they knew.

In Mushroom We Trust:

In contrast to Truffleclub, Arccos understood everything going on perfectly. As Uso glared back at her, Arccos just felt relief. This was more natural to her than the weird flirtations she'd been getting. At the admittance of how she got away with it? Arccos felt better. Uso summed it up perfectly. Arccos could get away with it because she could send the junkers to slaughter the entire city if it was her whim. That was exactly how it was.

That was always how it was... Everyone hated everyone else, and it's only through force that you can live freely. The storm was dying, the I'ee were evacuating without help. The city was full of mad dirt-dwellers who may try and kill her.

Actually, no. Arccos didn't feel better at all.

"Don't need to worry, Truffleclub." Arccos said, sounding sullen. She walked up to the hulking automata and leaned against it. After meeting the I'ee, she'd had more affection since she'd left Param and Angles. But it still wasn't home. "I'm going with you back to the wreck. If we harvested enough power from the storm, we may be able to run the engines long enough to get back into orbit."

Last edited:
Palace, Great Hall

Corgan was in the center of the push to the great hall fighting alongside Cyrus. The sound of the ship touching down was welcome, but Uso's orders were not. He liked a good brawl every once in a while. This was not a good brawl, this was killing angry, frightened citizens. Sure, they had been trying to kill him and his friends, but he didn't enjoy killing women and children. Enemy soldiers or rival gangs, he didn't feel a thing, but not this. If they hadn't come here, these people would still be alive, and he blamed Uso personally for every woman and child he had to kill. Someday she would have to answer for this.

The fight was almost over when his power armor charged into the room, which frightened the few enemies left standing. It parted the crowd and made a beeline straight for him, coming to a stop inches away. The armor opened up and his bag fell out, full of shotgun shells. He grinned and quickly got out of his Styrling Muur armor, putting it in the bag. "If you're listening, thank you, Arccos." He said to the armor. The Nepleslian had gotten used to putting on armor and removing it quickly since joining Ragnarok. It wasn't long before he was climbing into his power armor and putting on his helmet.

He reloaded his shotgun and threw the bag around his shoulder, readying himself to go back into the fray. That's when he heard the noise from Mt Gleipnir. An explosion that shook the very earth beneath their feet followed by what sounded like rocks falling. "What the hell is going on now? Invasion of giant rock monsters?" He said incredulously as he walked out towards the freighter to see what was happening.

Queen's Slave
Ace had managed to get into the ship and prop himself up in one of the corners. "Hey doc I could use some assistance." Ace then tried to make it as easy as possible to treat the wounds by tearing off hi makeshift bandages. "Shit that hurts!"

Queen's Slave>

It wouldn't take long for Ivory to spot the injured man tearing at whatever makeshift bandages he had on,

"YOU STOP THAT! I'll Be there in a moment." She said, her voice being as stern as she could possibly get it.

Queen's Slave
"Yes ma'am. Will do." Ace turned to the I'ee. "Hey I'm the one who caused the whole mix-up when you people first arrived. I'm sorry bout that."

Palace:

Cyrus strode through the great hall and watched massive loss of life he ordered. Enemy soldiers, looters, and civilians who tried to over throw Uso's kingdom. Cyrus shook his head at stupidty. Throwing themselves at a wall that wouldn't move. "All companies report." He ordered.

Leon answered, "All teams are operational and ready for orders sir!" Leon answered eagerly, Cyrus's speech lighting a fire under the man's ass.

"Captain. Take Alpha and Beta and sweep the rest building. I need Gamma and Delta to move out and form a perimeter around the building, Epsilon, get this damn fire out!" He called as he exited the great hall to find some stragglers attempting to set fire to more of the building. He drew his revolvers and fired taking each one out. By the time he finished mowing them down he was completely out of ammo. "Shit. Corgan, lead Alpha and Beta teams through the mop up op. I am going to..." His voice cut off as an indicator light flashed red in his suit. A distress signal...

"We have a man down, I am moving to provide assistance." He said as he sprinted and bashed through the wall. He jumped down and with his turbo assisted joints, began running at 30mph...

Ravine:

The distress signal emminated from a huge pile of sand and other debris from the storm. A venerable junkyard of broken wagons; A few trashed junker-bots from the crashed ship; few cannonballs. Some bodies of various dead beast thats been skinned alive by the storm and now a dried sandblasted bones and a hazy cloud of monofiliment wire with various computer components and Daisy Power Armor thats been sandblasted almost clean of marking. Buried and mixed with the sand that settled once out of the wind. If it weren't for the distress signal broadcasting and the storm had moved on and the friction static electric lightening had stopped, It would like she was part of the accumulated junk and debris. Still the air was laden with dust and smoke from the Palace on fire.

Cyrus jumped down the ravine and landed with a thud, landing next to Errowyn. "Honey? I need you to wake up. Come on sweet heart wake up. Errowyn!" He said as he cut her loose. He picked her up and cradle her in his arms plugging himself into her armor to read her vitals...

Her vitals were steady and low as if in a trance to promote the lower rate of bodily functions. her suit oxygen was down to 45 percent in a closed circuit system. Daisy running on minimum power to conserve energy to run minimal life support, broadcast distress.

"Okay..." He said assessing Errowyn's condition. He tugged a line from his suit to her's and linked their power supplies, giving her's a much needed boost. Once their systems were linked. He picked her up and scanned the walls to find a way to scale up. Unfortunately, it was too step to attempt climbing with an injured party. He looked about and found a ton of sheets of metal and stone that had been thrown into the ravine. He lifted Errowyn and carried her up against one of the walls and quickly constructed a makeshift shelter, stone walls holding up a couple pieces of sheet metal. It wasn't much but it would provide some type of shelter. He climbed inside, and continued to cradle Errowyn in his arms, resolutely standing guard.

"Give me room!" Errowyn spoke softly. "Did you remove the monfiliment wire?" She felt the hook up as she was still connected to the SPINE interface.

Cyrus, who was starting to tire from the constant barrage of sand, jumped slightly when Errowyn began speaking. He looked down to her and backed up a little. "Yes monofiliment wire has been removed, and we are sharing my power source. Are you okay?" He asked.

"I am fine." Errowyn spoke softly as the Daisy Aether generators powered up to take the workload of providing energy and recharging the suits back-up batteries. "Got blind sided..." then the ground shook and a few rocks slammed into the roof of the shelter.

Cyrus moved slightly, which put his body between the storm and Errowyn. Sand began blasting his back tearing off paint, and what ever else was back there. A warning light began to beep in Cyrus's headset, but he ignored it. "I know, I watched all that. I looked into your suits logs. Sorry." He said offhandedly as he scanned her body one more time for injuries.

Errowyn shifted so he could get out of the debris being stirred up by the wind. "I scanned the stuff that gotten caught in the monofiliment net or jumble of wire. Most of it is radioactive." Her voice taking on a curious tone. She began to make movements of the power armor limbs to test them out to see if anything was damaged. "So who winning? These Rebels? Or us?"

Cyrus put a hand on her back, one reason was to support her, two was to remove the power line. "I rallied the Ragnarock troops, and we layed the rebels to waste." He said looking down to her. "I was about to lead a mop up operation, but that is when I heard your SOS." He added

"The storm must be dying off then." Errowyn spoke with a bit of surprise. "I am surprised it had gotten through."

"It might have helped that I was near the top of the Palace when I heard it." He said as his intensive scan was completed. He was happy to see that all vitals returned normal. He breathed a huge sigh of relief. "You know you scared the shit out of me?" He asked only half joking.

"I have survived worse." Errowyn was glad that someone came looking for her. At least to get her unburied from the sand, rubble and other debris. "Thanks for coming." She patted his armored clad shoulder. Her mind was racing to what made the earth shake. A few more rocks tumble down into the ravine.

"Like I wouldn't come running after you." He said smiling. His expression darkend however when another rock slammed into his back. "The shaking... Is it being caused by the cannons? Or is there something bigger going on?" He asked nobody in particular.

"Cannon only effect building when their projectile hits something. This was way deeper in the earth." Errowyn spoke running scans around her.

At that point a new voice crackled over there comms. "May...yday.... Thi...Rapha..."

"Shit...Errowyn, can you clean this up?" He asked straining to listen in.

Errowyn tapped into the radio communications and began to process it. "Sounds like an emergency from Raphael. I thought he was on tight leash?" Running systems checks as fast as she thought of them and sent the nueral commands to the Daisy Power armor.

"Raphael, this is Cyrus. Where the hell are you?" He called to Raph.

"Cyrus? I thought yo...in ... Mountain." Raphael replied.

"No, I used the cannon and shot myself out. Get to the point, what is wrong?" He asked.

"The Mountain...going to Blow!" Raph replied.

Errowyn looked at Cyrus. "It felt like it already did... unless there is more one spot?" Keeping out of the radio frequency, using another frequency to talk to Cyrus.

"What are you talking abut Raph?" Cyrus replied.

"There's...no time...listen to me! I am calling for danger close fire mission." Raphael replied.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Cyrus answered.

"If...don't, everyone will die!" Raphael yelled over the comm.

"What he is babbling about.. Fire mission? We have no big guns unless from the Iceberg...." Errowyn spoke softly. Her suit cleaning up the radio signal. She could listen in, but only Cyrus could hear her talking.

Cyrus continued. "Raph, just explain the..." He didn't get any farther before Raph began yelling.

"Damn it! The rebels have filled the mountain with more than 2 tons of blackpowder! And it has been lit, they are going to drop the mountain on the city, I need an orbital bombardment on my coordinates NOW!" Raphael yelled.

Errowyn eyes widen behind her mirrored visor. "It's not going to work. Even with a ship bombardment wont penetrate a mountain. Better off getting people out of the city would be much safer."

"There is no time... The Iceberg can make the shot. They have AP munitions aboard. A few well placed shots the Mountain will come crumbling down ontop of Raph's head..." He said somberly, "Get the Iceberg on the line..."

Errowyn interrupted, "Not if the fuse is lit.... then we don't even have the time to get the ship in position to fire those AP rounds. If we do. It will just loosen up the mountain rocks to scatter more debris in a farther arc and range."

"No, but we can blow the cannon..." Cyrus muttered. "If we blow the cannon, it will detonate all the ordnance inside my side of the mountain. Once the cannons's supplies blow, the entire mountain will imploded. And all my men, plus Raph will die..." He said quickly

Errowyn just shook her head. "I will see if I can raise Iceberg with the mission." Errowyn spoke, Switching out of the loop to focus all of the Daisy communication to reach the Iceberg. She rapidly got in contact with the Captain of the Iceberg. Explained the situation to him.

Captain of the Iceberg looked thoughtful and began giving orders to his crew in the proper sections. Soon several high powered "Smart Missiles" Shot from their launchers.

Errowyn joined in the conversation with Raphael and Cyrus. "Raphael. You need to get out of there. You need to lay a trail of radio guidance beacons. You have about ten minutes to have it completed."

Raphael chuckled softly. "There is no time. The fuses have been lit. The explosins you feel are the few I get away from the source. I have to keep doing this to keep the mountain upright. I will have Cyrus's techs leave the beacons. Someone has to stay behind..."

Cyrus sat there quietly, stunned into silence.

"Nice knowing ya, Raph." Errowyn spoke without emotion. All business. She looked at Cyrus. "I am sorry." She spoke to him privately after cutting out of the loop.

"I..." Cyrus couldn't speak. "We have to do something."

"We need to get back to town, warn Uso and crew to vacate in case something goes wrong." Errowyn spoke, feeling another tremor. "Damn that is some good gunpowder!"

Cyrus reopened the channel to Raphael. "Raph, at the 2 minute mark you get your ass out of there. Do you hear me! You get your ass out of there brother." He spoke with anger. "Why do you have to play the damn hero!" He said trying to hide his emotions. He looked to Errowyn. "I am going to kill every last one of these fucking rebels..."

"He aint stupid. He knows how much time he has." Errowyn turned her attention to the storm as it was definitely losing it power. "I think it best we rejoin those at the palace." She shouldered her way past him into the dust laden air of the ravine.

Mt. Gleipnir>

The mountain near the town was many things. It provided shelter against the smaller storms, it provided metals and other necessary materials, it helped provide defense against those that would do harm to the city.

The top of Mt Gleipnir had been blown off entirely, sending a slide of rocks down the face of the mountain towards the city. As the storm started to dissipate, the landslide would start to come into focus, along with a series of bright lights raining down from the sky.

2 minutes after the first major blast tore open the Mountain, those lights would strike the ground close to the base of the mountain, turning the landslide coming towards the city into a rapidly expanding cloud of finely powdered rocks, a loud shock wave washing over the town yet again, breaking any of the windows that had been lucky enough to survive this long.

8-Ball smirked at the funny wasp-girl's chattering. It was cute, just like Uso said it would be. Though he would never openly admit it. That smirk turned into a genuine smile when Gut-Stripe patted him on the arm appreciatively. The human assumed he was able to surmise the bug's overall intent; one of appreciation. "Any time." He replied sincerely with a nod. "I'm glad I could at least help one person in all of the chaos."

The man then turned his sights to one of the view ports on the ship to look beyond. He knew that bug-girl probably had far more important things to attend to than talk to a strange man whose features were completely masked by his all-black attire. It wasn't his fault that this particular flight suit concealed him from head to toe, that is simply how the outfit was designed. Regardless, few people had time for novelty or mysteries. That is why he held out his hand and a hologram of a male AI appeared before him in blue light.

"Can you hear me well Alastair?" 8-Ball asked the robotic image of a man. "Yes sir, loud and clear. Shall I call down the strike packages in parallel or in sequence?" The man sighed heavily. "Neither Alastair, this is not a fight we want to be involved in." "Sir, are we not under contract to assist the local regime when able?" The AI responded, perplexed at the answer he received. "Technically, yes. But I find we are ill-informed for the task at hand." 8-Ball began to say as he watched a massive explosion in the distance. "Today there were several factions engaged in combat for a myriad of reasons. What disturbs me is that those I find we are allied with willingly call over the net for the unrestrained slaughter of men, women, and children involved in today's conflict." He paused as he thought about what to say next. "I don't if those setting the palace ablaze were opposed to a tyrannical despot. I don't know if the looters were not simply trying to reacquire wealth stolen from them by invaders. I don't know if Ragnarok rejoices in wholesale slaughter or if they were responding to a dire threat...We may be under contract, but I'll be damned before I take an innocent life." He drew a deep breath and exhaled once more. "Keep both packages in orbit, but do a diagnostic check on the Ebony Peregrine. I may be calling down her assistance shortly if things keep going the way the are on this planet. Lets just hope I'll be using her for non-lethal pacification of the locals or the eradication of those NMX bastards."

Queen's Slave
Overhearing 8-ball Ace decided to talk to the man. "You're one of the new guys right? I'm Ace the freelancer with an AI. Her name is Aries by the way. If you want to hear what I think then this is mainly Uso's fault she is the one who wanted an entire planet. Ragnarok just busted a small crime orginaztion and I can't see Cy as being evil." Ace held out his bloody hand for a hand shake. "Well anyways what is your name? And welcome to the team."

:: Queen's Slave ::

Errowyn walked aboard the Queen's Slave after being admitted through the shielding along with Cyrus. She stomped onto the ship through the open Cargo Hatch. Her Daisy showing signs of major abuse from the wild ride she took, but was in good shape. She moved past the I'ee to the alcove where she kept her Daisy at.

She backed into it and powered down the suit as she opened it up. She then slaved the power to the Queen's Slave. She closed the suit up and did the final power shut-off procedures to store the suit till she could get to it. She moved to the upper decks of the Cargo ship and to her reserved cabin on the upper decks. She nodded to those she knew in the passing.
She gave the Wasp looking bug (I'ee) a quick look over and then ignored them.

Planet-Dwelling Spacers;

The lumbering thing just placed one hand on Arccos' shoulder, softly despite the armor they were wearing. It seemed to be worried about their physical condition, but also was continually unsettled by the distant rumbling sound of a landside. Continuing explosions. Two cameras on the left side of their head adjusted and refocused, observing the diminutive bugs going to town on fake cardboard fruits.

"Wasp suits are an answer." Large fingers made strange motions, like pulling six bits of imaginary fluff from an invisible central lump. "Many many void walker? Fabrication does much if not? They small not need much, so double thick. We can do, is?"

New signals. Smoothing down something, patting it into a sphere. Were they making a snowball?

All of the eyes moved upwards in a rippling motion, trying desperately to just finish the big painful idea, and put it in words.

"Globes? Globes, in organics fun. Don't go in much since never need." Hefty digits on both of the codebreaker's shoulders now. "Understanding? Habi-tae-tyun. Has own air? Or, could have own air, if fix globe, is?"

A burst of light on the skyline. Impossible to tell if it was just the continuing legacy of the storm, or yet more explosions. The pastel orange disk shifted it's head sideways nervously, and then directly back to Arccos again.

8-Ball quirked an eyebrow up as a much larger Nepleslian walked up to him. He wasn't sure why, but he half expected this guy wanted to fight. His muscles naturally tensed until the man spoke, stating he also was a freelancer and had an AI of his own. The large Nep gave his opinion on several remarks posed to Alastair as to the delicate nature of the situation. He seemed to believe that Uso was the primary source of grief in this strife while Ragnarok was performing their duty diligently against a known criminal organization. The large Nep then extended a hand.

8-Ball received the man's handshake with a firm, by human standards, grip. He had no need to participate in a contest of strength or a test of manhood. This man clearly out matched him in most, if not all physical aspects. "8-Ball," Tiberius responded with his codename. "And what, may I ask, is yours?"

Ace looked at this guy with a raised eyebrow. "Already told you I'm called Ace. Also do you mind if I sit down here don't think I can stand much longer with my leg like this." Ace then indicated his leg and chest wounds which were now stable but still hurt like hell. "My augments have fixed the worse of it but they can't repair tissue side form organs and bones. Uso had me locked up till recently for opposing her since I never was paid for my work. I have a small group Scrabler and Tomblyn we could always use more help and it would be nice if Aries had another AI to talk to. Speaking of which I should probably have her rejoin me." Ace sent a signal to Aries to return which she promptly followed. "Here I'll send her over I'm too wounded at the moment she can fill you in better than I can at the moment anyways." Aries then jumped to 8-ball and appeared on his visors HUD. "Hi ask me anything and I'll try to answer it though afterwards I'm going to track down Ace's equipment which was liberated from him by Uso."

"My apologies..." 8-Ball said as he gave a half-bow. "I must have been too lost in my thoughts to have missed your name." He truly was embarrassed but at the same time, to error was to be human. At least that guaranteed that 8-Ball wasn't a cyborg or an android. "Please, take a seat." He offered to the towering man. The one called Ace stated his augments couldn't repair tissue aside from organs. "How old are your implants?" The pilot asked aloud, not expecting to receive an answer from the mercenary. "More importantly, how did you opposed Uso to have yourself locked up?" This was probably the more important of the questions poised at Ace.

That was when Ace switched over to an AI. 8-Ball didn't necessarily mind switching to AI, he simply had an easier time reading humans over computers "Not a problem at all!" 8-Ball said with a smile. "Alastair, please take care of Ares."

Waspy Suits:

Arccos watched as Truffleclub ran through a logic stream. The big one always felt a bit hard to understand, and this one took her a few seconds. She figured Truffleclub was running through some sort of 3D-imaging suite to design an I'ee voidwalker suit, starting with a blank sphere then stretching and adapting it to find full form. They had trouble with it though. They would need more accurate measurements.

"The I'ee are hurt by the storm really bad, so we'll need to wait for it to end if we want their help. And I guess that they would have their own equivalent of voidwalkers already since they're spacefarers..."

She blinked a couple of times as she noted Aries leaving her own personal network. About time... A little relief, a sigh without breath as Truffleclub seemed to try and reassure her. Of course she looked over to see Ace talking to the new guy. Maybe trouble on the horizon there, but if Ace persisted then they wouldn't have any need to hold back on just killing him. Arccos had better things to do than stop a madman from greasing the grinder.

A few messages were sent out anyway. Just to be cautious.

"I have my own air. I don't breathe much and this suit is void capable." Arccos tapped the breastplate on her own armor. "Though we should patch the hull on the globe if we want to preserve the mushrooms."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back