• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character [4th AASP Fleet] Mark Villines

The History section is... rather lacking. I cannot accept only a "middling" soldier in what is, essentially, a new, albeit experienced, formation that is looking only for the best and brightest.

There's two ways forward - (1) You rework the character so that I can find a reason to make him a Commando or (2) consider adopting an older character that was abandoned and re-working his/her history.

Sorry, it seems that my reply didn't get posted.

Still seeing problems specific to this character.

"He had some trouble during power armor training " - Very hard to see someone like this being part of an elite PA unit. Need to have justification for why this guy should go on to be a Commando and not just a regular Marine in the ranks.

Also, this may require coordination with @Wes since he is the one in charge of the Reds. I can't approve things which come close to a retcon so Wes or someone with similar authority will have to okay the Reds part.

Last, if you're going to be the Demolitions guy, I'd like to see more than one line of skill description. Generally, if your character is going to specialize in something, you need to be able to describe and role play it. One sentence is just lazy.

I looked at the bio and I didn't see anything about the Reds. What exactly am I looking for?

I was reworking it @Wes and had it set to a more empty template. I have reverted it back to include the information about the reds.

Last edited:
Alrighty then, he seems alright to me but there are a couple things that noticed.

"He is his calmest during combat environments and enjoys the thrill of it."
In situations where ones life is at risk a persons body releases adrenaline which speeds up the heart rate and has a tendency to cause more stress on a person. For someone to be at their calmest when in a fight would mean they'd be in full Hulk mode when they kick back for some RnR.

"Painting and smoking are some of the very few things that can calm him when he is not fighting."
I'm no Philistine, arts great. It's the smoking that gets me. From what I read he has prosthetic lungs that filter out toxins and such. In that case his lungs would clog up with the various ingredients in whatever he is smoking and the nicotine would never reach his bloodstream so he wouldn't get his high. A nicotine patch may work but smoke in itself is a forign contaminate to lungs. Also, since his lungs filter the air I would assume that it uses replaceable filters but the description doesn't say that. A little more info like that would be great.

Last edited:
The lungs came in a rework that I had done earlier and hadn't thought to even check something like smoking. Thanks for pointing that out.

@Rizzo, are you handling this approval now that Sigma is on hiatus?

@Wes , @Rizzo , @Compouds117

Last we spoke, Compouds said he's ok with either going into Sledge Mama or 4th Fleet, so both Rizzo and I are looking into the character. If the lungs are giving you a little bit of trouble, you can likely just say that the filtering mode has to be activated manually - likely with just a thought. Overall though, things look quite good, and can be approved at any time, assuming there's no objections?

@Rizzo, are you handling this approval now that Sigma is on hiatus?
Cadetnewb is filling in as the new GM. I'm assisting him.

@Wes , @Rizzo , @Compouds117

Last we spoke, Compouds said he's ok with either going into Sledge Mama or 4th Fleet, so both Rizzo and I are looking into the character. If the lungs are giving you a little bit of trouble, you can likely just say that the filtering mode has to be activated manually - likely with just a thought. Overall though, things look quite good, and can be approved at any time, assuming there's no objections?
Those were the only issues I noticed. Its neat to see an ID-SOL interested in an art that doesn't involve violence. Looks like a great place to start and the Reds background could make things interesting.
I like it ;)

@Compouds117 , I'll go ahead and APPROVE this. Right now, we've got two that went to Sledge Mama, but the others haven't spoken up about where they'd like to go yet. I'll shake them up a bit more to see what's on the table for you guys.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back