• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Alright.

I'll try posting Friday; I would've done so earlier but I've had three or so tests dumped on my lap in quick succession, and for obvious reasons that needs to come first. Sorry.

I feel that this has been a trend. People are simply lacking inspiration and thus they cannot set aside the time since other interests or priorities call them away. I propose, therefore, that for the next few days - start posting anything that you think is Nepleslian. Something funny, serious, whatever.

With that, I present to you my three honorary Nepleslians.

Robocop

Judge Dredd

Bishop - Gets shit done

Honorary mention: Predator - they're cool and awesome but all too often used as fodder in all of the media except for the comics, where they actually rock

I agree with Judge Dredd (Funky City is basically MegaCity 1). But pretty sure Predator is not a Nepleslian, but that Arnold is in most movies (especially Commando). Danny Glover would make a good Nepleslian. Any G.I. Joe would probably make a good Nepleslian, too. Brock Samson could be ID-SOL.

Perhaps others would disagree, but I'd tentatively nominate Big Boss from the Metal Gear Solid series as an honourary Nepleslian. :p

Calling it now, Stan gets 'shot' to pieces so quickly it's not even funny.

Then again, I have (to tweak a quote) run out of speed, shields and ideas all at the same time. Or should I say that's happened to Stan? :p

Sorry for lack of posting! It's convention time over here, so I've basically been partying my ass off for a whole week. I'll try to post in the next couple days. /ranakalev

Sorry for not posting. I've been very busy and I also have writer's block. It seems like Stan/Stones can't really do anything about the latest attack aside from perhaps keeping mobile, so that's made it difficult to formulate a response.

You could try using your sensors to detect the round. Having the AI calculate the trajectory and type. You could let the others know that something big just shot at you. You could tell Wulfe that it's time to get back to the squad. You could shoot Wulfe.

But in all seriousness, this is... very disturbing. I honestly am on the brink of declaring this plot dead and starting from scratch with new players.

@Sigma, does this mean I should wait on posting until you make a decision? Or post now and join the new one if you do decide to start from scratch?

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Sorry to do this to you all right now. But I'm one of the more inactive members of this plot and I'll freely admit that. Since the plot may or may not be getting shut down, I'm going to pull Aleksei from the plot. Sorry for my lack of activity and I'm hoping things pick up.

@Sigma:

Okay, good ideas. I'll admit that didn't occur to me, since I was so focused on making sure that the duo didn't "die" before they had a chance to make an impact.

I'll post on Friday; I think part of the inactivity can be blamed on me, so I'd like to apologise profusely for that.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back