• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I'm curious if we have any way of knowing how much time has gone by for our characters in the fun house? I know speed is key, and since this has been going on for several days in real time it makes it feel like we're moving slowly. But just reading the posts it sounds like we're making good time. Do our characters have any way of knowing how long they're taking, if they need to move faster, or is that not knowledge available to them?

Hey. Guys. Guys. I'm going to start making Cybernetic Implants and Upgrades for Nepleslians.

What do you guys want.

Uso didn't leave me any notes about what you were doing. He just up and left so I've been filling in a lot of blanks.

Murdoch: "I want field commanders, not school teachers! Rawr!" *chest pound*

What do you guys want
A sacrificial chocolate muffin. Or failing that, a bowl of tau hway.

we have any way of knowing how much time has gone by for our characters in the fun house
Less than five minutes, i'd say. Though you are taking a while to clear some rather small rooms.

For upgrades, perhaps something that could quicken reflexes? Alternatively weapon modules for cybernetics :3

In my mind I'm thinking some deus ex, but just having a barrel pop out to surprise someone would be fun.

Tripe said:
In my mind I'm thinking some deus ex, but just having a barrel pop out to surprise someone would be fun.

As well as suggestive, depending on the circumstances.

Tripe said:
For upgrades, perhaps something that could quicken reflexes? Alternatively weapon modules for cybernetics :3

You're also assuming I'm going to be generous enough to allow these upgrades.

True, but not even something like a very small storage compartment?

Sigma: Laura, I need a head amputated here!

Laura: Coming, coming! *enters with giant chainsaw* Who's got a defective head?

No need for wikis. Just a basic explanation of the concepts.

I can't help but notice there was no answer to my question about the fun house. Shall I assume our characters have no idea how long they've been in there?

Yes there was response. Also I think Five minutes is way too much. I mean we cleared one room... even with chatting at start it could not be more then 20-40 seconds.....we jsut walked down corridor, opened door, checked the room adn went to other. If tha takesk up to five minutes then we must be the most retarted marines ever serving ot that hall is about 200 meters long.........

Speaking from the perspective of somebody who has ran through an actual "fun house": you would be incredibly surprised how fast time can fly. Five minutes is not an incredibly long amount of time*. Plus you have the fiasco of deciding who goes where (which really doesn't need to be discussed, just alternate based on which way the first person goes), then shooting at the door, and kicking. After that you all let yourself get caught in the Fatal Funnel so it's totally feasible that it took five minutes up until the most recent post for the group in the fun-house.

*: This same rule does not apply at all times to general combat, however.

Cedric said:
Through PM, or ICly.
ICly.

also I think Five minutes is way too much. I mean we cleared one room... even with chatting at start it could not be more then 20-40 seconds.....
... I said "less than five minutes" so what's the issue?

Hello,

I didn't realize there was an OOC thread for the 4th AASP. Thought I'd stop in and say hello.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…