Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Well, I officially graduated at 13:30 just this Friday. I spent all night on the trip back with my father and brother. I've finally had time to sit down, sort through some of my TA-50, make sure everything was organized, and have finally found some time to sit down to relax.

Any way that Cedric can get back as the squad's second-in-command (assuming that hasn't changed with Uso no longer being head honcho) and get back in to the story now that he's done founding the Sapper school?

Congrats.

Cedric can return if you want. Nothing about Wazu's departure or actions have been declared illegal so the hierarchy is still in place. Just won't be seeing huge leaps in ranks anymore.

You can rejoin by posting in the 3.3 thread where all the new personnel are arriving.

Fuck you Death, Mama Nepleslia still needs Jan to protect its people from the marauding fascists!
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have TWO, I repeat, TWO crazies in the unit. Make sure you've all taken your rabies shots.

Kampfer, TK I will let you two handle the door. No point in posting the fact that my character is covering the hall twice...

So, we have reached the point where we have 15 PCs (albeit, two of which are mine and some more active than others). We have two Sergeants.

I can either close recruiting off or form two squads and run them separately of each other. I want to know what the players think before I do anything.

I, personally, am hesitant to close us off because we're the only real military plot for Nepleslia. Closing us would leave only Cirrus open, which isn't PA combat.

Running two squads in two separate threads isn't an ideal solution but so far, it's been effective. The only issue is that it splits character interaction so that PCs in one squad can only interact with others in the JPs, reducing the overall player interaction as well.

If we split squads, then I call Sanderford. Seeing as we live in the same building as one another, we can coordinate easily with one another to help with the roleplay.

If we are split into squads won't that create the opportunity for "friendly" competition?

Tripe said:
If we are split into squads won't that create the opportunity for "friendly" competition?
I have no problem if we have separate squads, but I would prefer them being in the same thread. Different threads creates division, unless it was for a mission in separate areas. Any post-mission and R&R threads should have both squads in them though.

So I am not against having different squads, but they should still be in the same thread.

Two teams havin each one its own thread will cause time-rips. One team will always end up early then other. THat is serious problem. If you want to have two teams, then I suggest keeping them in one thread.

Also if we have two teams then I call Phaedra!

We'll only have 1 squad. Volkov's Cavaliers.

But if Phaedra wants to split it into smaller teams for a specific objective, that's her prerogative.

Oh, Fun House chappies, I forgot to mention that you each have two dummy frags (blue striped) and two flashbang grenades (yellow stripe). The wiki may say differently but these are training grenades so let's just say they're specially marked. The dummy frags make a loud pop and the instructors know to kill the oppo if its within the blast radius.

Everyone else, I look forward to your posts. Civilians are arriving at the spaceport so if we keep up a steady pace, we can be done in a week to ten days.

Sigma said:
4th Fleet is closed to new players.
Where will they go then?

Sigma said:
Marines didn't become Sergeants because they were great fighters. Only those who showed some leadership capabilities were given the chance to rise.

He formed an entire school of training.

I'm pretty sure that takes some leadership ability. :lol:

Anyways, I'm going to post as soon as I can.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back