• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I always appreciate the art Sigma. As for a suggestion for the next piece...well, you already know what I suggested. Right now, I'd like to share something I'm working on with you all. It's going to be a new infantry assault rifle to take place of the IBR. It'll be a .50 Cal automatic railgun with some recoil dampers built in to help keep it manageable.

I'm not exactly the fastest worker when it comes to this, so it's still far from finished. I've yet to add in a proper stock and optics on it for an example, and there's several other features I plan to give it as well. These would include an integrated bayonet as well as an optional underbarrel grenade launcher. In addition, I'm also planning on a modkit that'll up the damage it can do so it can harm PA's. With tradeoffs of course.

Either way, tell me what you all think so far.

There's no expense IRL for CadetNewb's weapon. He's doing this for us since the feedback I've received on the IBR has been mostly negative. However, the word from our Lord and Master, KokuLiege, is that this is 4th Fleet specific. The IBR will remain as the standard rifle for the Marines.

CadetNewb, I know what you want and I'm looking to make it happen :twisted: All that remains is choosing an artist for the project and price negotiations. Once it happens, Star Army will forever be changed!

GM update within the next 36 hours.

I would also be curious as to why it was that I was left out of the training mission.

You did not come that that JP Cedric. You were busy or something if I remember. It was actualyl writenn few months ago, back when Alrik was still with us.

ShotJon said:
You did not come that that JP Cedric. You were busy or something if I remember. It was actualyl writenn few months ago, back when Alrik was still with us.

Oh, well I was not aware.

You have to understand my confusion then, with it only now being posted. I apologize.

Yeah I got that.

Alright, well I'm flying down to Florida for my sister's wedding and I'm not sure what my internet access will be like exactly. I'll try to stay current and post when I can. I will be back Saturday.

A wedding? Ha! Good to hear - take care while you're away and have fun if you can!

On an unrelated note, here's the current build of the rifle with the stock extended and retracted. I'm still messing around with it a lot and trying to settle on something that feels right. Currently, I'm fiddling on the stock and the holographic sights - especially the sights since I don't want an ACOG or Trijicon knockoff. What I really need from you all are suggestions and ideas that you guys have, and I don't care if what you have to say will change the entire layout of the rifle either - I need anything and everything you guys have to say.

I do not want to make something without feedback, considering this is made specifically for you l33ts in 4th Fleet, and I ESPECIALLY don't want to make something only to have it griped about later, so speak up!

I think if you moved the front pistol grip forwards a little, that'd make it look nicer aesthetically. It would also give the option to either grip the magazine well or the front grip.

Sigma said:
I think if you moved the front pistol grip forwards a little, that'd make it look nicer aesthetically. It would also give the option to either grip the magazine well or the front grip.

This. And also I do have internet access, so don't wait to post on my account.

Also I'm finally getting around to updating Phaedra's Bio! *gasp*

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…