Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I just pray everyone has their reading glasses on and that the prescription is correct whenever I do my GM updates. :D Unless there's something totally out of place (like unicorns in space, jumping over a rainbow), I just play it out in whatever way makes most sense to me.

Like Alrik and Henry falling over each other.

Quick question: How is everyone enjoying the game without the Most Brilliant Medic in the Universe? Positive, Negative, Neutral, Other?

*Reads Cadet's post and feels much less tought then he did before* Good god, we are taking a beating.

Working most of today; posting later tonight.

Also, please don't die Cedric! :o

So...do the Rippers have Zesuaium everywhere? Maybe we could try to find a weak spot from behind or something?

Yeah, these are the all-Zesuaium models. I'm not sure if I should give you guys hints or not, or if I should let you figure out how to down these things yourselves. XD

Update will be posted around 16 hours from this post. Please get your posts in, if you can. If you already have, please feel free to bug those who have not.

I am wondering if Cedric has applied for life insurance since his last death.

Sigma is there an alcove for Alexandra to take cover in? or room or whatever? Or coudl you do super simple map in MS paint for us?

Sigma said:
Update will be posted around 16 hours from this post. Please get your posts in, if you can. If you already have, please feel free to bug those who have not.

I am wondering if Cedric has applied for life insurance since his last death.

Well, it seems Cedric is going to be able to write a book on knife wounds and shrapnel damage by the time his time in the Marines is over.

Seems nothing else ever hurts him beside those. :lol:

I'll try to get my post in today, but it depends on family stuff.

Also, I know everyone will be busy for the holiday, but I think we should have a Lewis Pasco Day JP after everyone is back in the swing of things. That would be fun! :D

Uh... I wouldn't have made an effort to pull that off if I'd known Rippers were capable of ignoring the laws of physics. That's pretty overpowered, IMO.

Hostile = 2 Short Tons / 1814 kilograms
Ripper = 200 kilograms / 1/9th the weight of a Hostile, even smaller fraction of their mass due to size difference

And that isn't even taking into account the fact that Rita weighs a good quarter of a ton and is forcing it into the ground with the Hostile's foot.

There is really no way a Ripper could even move with a Hostile on top of it like that. I'll wait to post until I get a response.

*clears throat* "Ahem!"

"ZESUUUUUU!~"

EDIT:

The idea I had in mind for all this was pretty simple; weight doesn't factor into how strong the Rippers are. Just because they're lighter than a Hostile, doesn't mean that they're also physically weaker. Instead, I believe that they should be stronger, much like how an insect has a significantly superior power to weight ratio than we do. In my opinion, Rita was able to take the arm out not because she damaged the Zesu or anything, but because she popped it out of it's joint before the dull minded Ripper could understand what she was trying to do.

Either way, Sigma's back in command, so I look forward to being a player again. Now, what to write....

CadetNewb said:
*clears throat* "Ahem!"

"ZESUUUUUU!~"

EDIT:

The idea I had in mind for all this was pretty simple; weight doesn't factor into how strong the Rippers are. Just because they're lighter than a Hostile, doesn't mean that they're also physically weaker. Instead, I believe that they should be stronger, much like how an insect has a significantly superior power to weight ratio than we do. In my opinion, Rita was able to take the arm out not because she damaged the Zesu or anything, but because she popped it out of it's joint before the dull minded Ripper could understand what she was trying to do.

Either way, Sigma's back in command, so I look forward to being a player again. Now, what to write....

AH! I ALMOST FORGOT!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Yeah Frown I mentioned few times that if Hostile or Aggy jumped on Ripper that they would probably squash it, but I was always fended off with it nto being truth. Basically yeah, if Hostile stands both legs on the ripper, the Ripper should be pretty much busted, but if you stood only one leg on him, then he could probbaly push the leg away (if he has enough levarage, RIppers are very strong) and then do what he done.

The room you lot are in (the armory with half assembled armors) is still open to vacuum (from Cedric blowing in both doors). Hence the slight twist in physics. Regardless of your mass, the Ripper is putting a lot of thrust and there's very little resisting that thrust.

Next update will be on either Dec 29/30. Depends on how badly I feel after my flight back to the US. So, please get posts in and do some quick thinking to save your butts from being kicked by two Rippers. Otherwise, those Renders you failed to notice will make an appearance :twisted:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back