Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Just reminding ya'll I'm still outside the building guarding the entryway. So unless someone calls for assistance I'm not going to be able to provide fire support.

Centurion0507 said:
Just reminding ya'll I'm still outside the building guarding the entryway. So unless someone calls for assistance I'm not going to be able to provide fire support.
Except Phaedra ordered everyone into the elevator, for better or for worse. :?

cyborgakadjmoose said:
"Sarn't I got the exterior door covered, I'll make sure none of these damned squids show up unannounced in ya'll backsides. Should I remain posted here at this door or should I initiate a patrol to make sure there are no unpleasant surprises when it's time for us to leave?"

"Stay there and cover the entrance for the moment," she replied
Remember this? You never told me to leave the entrance.

cyborgakadjmoose said:
Centurion0507 said:
Except Phaedra ordered everyone into the elevator, for better or for worse. :?

Do you remember this, Centurion? ;)

As a soldier, you are to follow your last lawful order. The order which you recieved was for everyone to get in the elevator. Not everyone, save you, and for your to maintain that position. Also, Phaedra had said ". . . for the moment,"

I'm proud of how well Army training has stuck in me. :D

Except for when said order is not followable, there are times where orders cannot be followed, such as when you aren't in the area to follow them. How am I to know what elevator is being talked about when I'm not even in the area?

It would have been nice if someone had radio'd to tell me, hey, you don't need to guard the exterior door anymore and you need to come inside to go somewhere else, not just to expect me to leave a supporting position and leave our rear exposed, that's just plain ignorant.

That's why we made a funny little thing called a radio. :)

It was broadcast to the whole team, not just a select few, but I do understand your confusion.

Besides, I think the sound of a large sum of RX33 going off suddenly would be more than enough to grab your attention about what is going on inside. :D

General order 5. Quit my post only when properly relieved. I have not been relieved nor have I been ordered to quit my post. Therefore I am fully justified in remaining outside.

Ooh, a Marine. Nice.

Never understood why they have over ten general orders. We get it all in 3.

I never argued that you were not justified. I was simply saying that you would not be unjustified. Though I would count "everybody on the elevator" as the order to quit, it is easy to see how it would be interpreted otherwise.

Anyways, Cedric has him some Squids to kill -- as do the others, it seems.

<Is confused> I could have sworn you knew I was a Marine before you went to boot camp. I'm an E-4 right now and about to be getting out.

I'm off in a couple hours.

I wish to remind everyone that, despite the greater allowances I make in swearing, this remains a PG-13 forum. The "F-word", amongst other things, is not permissible. I trust everyone to moderate themselves. The occasional slip of expletives for accentuating stress is fine, just be go easy on it.

Also, Cent/Cedric, no inter-service rivalry here, por favor. You're all (Nepleslian) Marines here and that's all that matters. So go make some calamari while I'm away!

No F-word in Nepleslian marine squad? You are bloody kidding right?

Also did you just blow up ten of Lisa's shield drones which she did not have chance to pull back Cedric (yes ten because I put up a wall in middle of the room for everyone to take cover before "board the elevator" order was issued)? Bloody good work... now she has left two. And with two she can do... umm.... oh yeah. Nothing. Well this is gonna be fun.

Sigma said:
Also, Cent/Cedric, no inter-service rivalry here, por favor. You're all (Nepleslian) Marines here and that's all that matters. So go make some calamari while I'm away!

Of course not. I love my Devil Dog brothers: they're just as much my battle-buddies as any Army soldier.

Centurion, ShotJon;

I assumed that Sawyer and Lisa, given the sudden change in the plan when the squids started coming up, would have dropped what they were doing (including Lisa recalling her drones) and headed over to the other elevator. Phaedra definitely wouldn't have approved of either Sawyer still staying there after she told everyone to head to the elevator (which clearly was not a good idea lol), nor would she have approved of such waste of resources (as in the drones potentially being destroyed from the blast). I did not forget that the shield drones were there, I guess I thought they could just be packed up quickly. (So I'm assuming the drones were retrieved and not destroyed.)

So any misunderstanding was my fault as a player. I will try to be much more specific from now on.

That said, Phaedra is probably going to have Lisa deploy some of her shield drones again because the "quick get-away" didn't work. :?

Also Centurion, I'm going to have to agree with Cedric; when Phaedra gives an order, she expects it to be carried out unless she tells you otherwise. If she tells Sawyer something like, "stay here until we get back," and then "everyone else, lets go," then you would stay there until told to stand down (or until the squad got back.)
She said "Stay there for the moment," which meant at that particular moment "Until we find out where we need to go."

I hope that makes sense.

I do try to be clear in the orders I have Phaedra give, so thank you for asking for clarification, Cent. Better that then have Phaedra get irritated at you. :)

So, I will assume that Sawyer did in fact make it to the elevator and I will also assume that Lisa gathered up all of her drones in the room (she could have retrieved them while Cedric was placing the explosives) when I make my next post.

I don't assume anything. I did not have chance of posting before explosion so I think drones went kabloom. It is up to Cadet now as a co-GM so I will wait on his word, but to me the bots are destroyed.

Lets not try and focus on the details too much here; miscommunication or not, and as irksome as it can be, I think you'd rather be blasting at the Mishhu right now, right?

Perhaps we should just assume we're all together now and that Cent's character is with us? That way, we can all keep moving.

So I just noticed that Rita finally has her own art:
fetch.php

Rita is pretty attractive for a cyborg. :mrgreen:

cyborgakadjmoose said:
So I just noticed that Rita finally has her own art:
fetch.php

Rita is pretty attractive for a cyborg. :mrgreen:

Cedric would totally tap that -- if he weren't nearly fourty years old.

Not to mention she's run on 100% pure, unleaded, and high-speed crazy fuel.

I thought Neplslians live up to one hundred easily or something like that. He is forty, not dead : )

The point is that he feels too old. :)

Also, regardless of age: my second point still stands uncontested.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back