Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Yes, I figured that it'd be my job to get that thing open, since I was the team's engineer. So yes, I am on the roof, with drones and trying to get that hatch open.

Apologies if I didn't make myself clear earlier.

Sigma, when you got time: I have some of the intro for the JP typed up so you can introduce one of the medics (I don't care who).

Who knows, depending on the character: Laura and Cedric may actually be able to not hate each other . . . as badly.

Due to pressing need to get job applications done and a national turkey eating holiday in the US, I will not be available to RP until Saturday. Please bear with me.

To those of you celebrating this day of overconsumption, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Sigma said:
Due to pressing need to get job applications done and a national turkey eating holiday in the US, I will not be available to RP until Saturday. Please bear with me.

To those of you celebrating this day of overconsumption, I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving.

Yay for overconsumption!

It is with great sadness that I inform you all that AusGre is leaving the plot due to pressing matters in his life. While I do not know of any specifics, he feels he does not have time to commit to SARP and so we must respect that decision.

I will drone Alrik until a suitable time to remove the character from the mission. Unless one of the medics can give me a medical reason right now.

*Sigma and Bernhard stare at Alexandra*

Sorry to hear about Aus, if you talk to him again tell him that if he would be able of returnig in the future I will be glad to seem him.

I will post tomorrow, though minor burns is nothing Alex would use to get marine out of actino :/ that is like boo boos to her, and she would smack to marine on his back to get him moving. He can always just keep lookeout and cover teams escape from the facility.

Yup, I told him that if he wanted to come back, he's more than welcome to.

GM Update on Monday. Hopefully. I now enter the last week of classes then a week of exams.

Sigma said:
GM Update on Monday. Hopefully. I now enter the last week of classes then a week of exams.
Good luck on your exams!

Been a killer busy week for me, but I should be able to update today or tomorrow.

It would be cool if you would have posted before Sigma Mooze. And show up on IRC more often : )

Bah, sorry I've been out of action for a while; NaNo caught up with me, and once that's over, I'll be back in the normal posting routine swing of things thing! Or so I hope - see you on the 1st.

Admiral: Who's Simmons?
Ironside: The one who didn't salute.
Admiral: Really? I didn't notice. Stoppage of gin for two weeks!
Ironside: We... don't have gin.
Admiral: What do you mean? This is the British Army! Of course there's gin! And what the devil are those men doing in those strange uniforms? Tell them to get their red coats on! Where the devil are Picton and Gordon? Captain, send a rider to Craufurd. Massena's on the move and the Light Division marches tonight!

When both Sigma and Admiral Valken get drunk (when our drunkeness combines...), Arthur Wellesley appears.

Sigma said:
Admiral: Who's Simmons?
Ironside: The one who didn't salute.
Admiral: Really? I didn't notice. Stoppage of gin for two weeks!
Ironside: We... don't have gin.
Admiral: What do you mean? This is the British Army! Of course there's gin! And what the devil are those men doing in those strange uniforms? Tell them to get their red coats on! Where the devil are Picton and Gordon? Captain, send a rider to Craufurd. Massena's on the move and the Light Division marches tonight!

When both Sigma and Admiral Valken get drunk (when our drunkeness combines...), Arthur Wellesley appears.
:lol: OMG!

Please read the following links.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7279

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=7280&p=118055#p118055

This will be considered a promotion for both Phaedra and Cedric. So you two shouldn't expect a promotion for a while and will need to work super hard to advance. :P

If it wasn't clear before, I'll make it clear now. I'm stingy with promotions because you need to work hard to get one. Otherwise, it won't seem like an effort to get one.

Wellesley: Picton, get your bastards onto that hill and knock the French off it.

Wow...crazy. But yeah, the ranks always kinda bugged me too, P1C right to Sergeant... :?

Master Sergeant, holy crap though.
AAAAAHHHH! More responsibility! :o

J/K :)

If you were in the Army, that wouldn't be a joke. :(

I want to get out in the field, which means the higher in rank I climb before I ship, then the less likely I am to hit a front-line unit, and the less likely I am to see action.

Stupid desk jobs. :(

On the plus side: this rank system should make things much easier :D . Especially with the whole "Staff Sergeant answering to a Sergeant" in the chain of command irritating me. However, I assume for the duration of the mission Phaedra and Cedric will still be referred to by the old rank system until they return to the ship? After all, they have priorities in the field right now, and so I doubt the Admiral would page them about it in the middle of a firefight.

On an entirely different note: Cedric is in the runnin' for nicest PC! Woooh!!!! Not to mention I'm in the running for the most addicted to StarArmy!!!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back