Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

>Bernhard makes snappy comment
>Rita makes witty response
>Sawyer makes snappy comment
>Rita says nothing

Poor Sawyer, so unloved. >.>

Hey there guys, I just wanted to let you know. We had a power surge at my place and it friend my computers power supply. I'll be gone a few days and try to must the money to replace it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well . . . that's convenient timing.

I hadn't even seen you post this when I had Cedric ask Phaedra a question. Impeccable timing, if I say so myself. :P

ALSO:

Friday afternoon, Saturday, and most of Sunday will have me unavailable. I have Guard . . . stuff . . . to do.

Frown-chan said:
>Bernhard makes snappy comment
>Rita makes witty response
>Sawyer makes snappy comment
>Rita says nothing

Poor Sawyer, so unloved. >.>

Snappy... not really, just thinking on stuff I know of radio direction finding tech at least that which exists nowadays. I'd think that this far in the future the technology would be somewhat more advanced and that it would be better for at least squad level comms to be done via low level laser transmissions to minimize chance of interception or signal triangulation and commensurate bombardment.

Yep.

Two at the hatch while the others are using Cedric's door-bell to let the Mishu know they've come to visit.

Welcome back!

Cedric said:
Yep.

Two at the hatch while the others are using Cedric's door-bell to let the Mishhuvurthyar know they've come to visit.
When Bernhard suggests going in through the roof, the idea is stupid. When Alrik blunders into it, we go in through the roof anyway. I sense discrimination against the medical profession!

GM Update posted. Those of who weren't mentioned entering: Sawyer, Rita, etc was because I figured there was only so much room in the airlock so you're still stacked up outside.

Everyone can hear what Valken said to the four Marines on the roof (Samuel, Alrik, Henry, and Alexandra). And yes, Alrik really did crash into Henry. It's what happens when two large power armors try to open a well sealed hatch with two different methods.

Is Henry going to have to slap Alrik into shape? I think he's missing the courtesy of the Acadia crew, who trusted his ability to get a hatch open.

Well, I had a good weekend.

Got a coin from the Command Sergeant Major of the Iowa National Guard (yes, that is an important person for those of you who aren't familiar with US military rank structure), got a promotion, and had some fun time running MOUT drills.

So this mission is going to be just like what I went through, with a fun twist of power armors, and pain.

Luca, your character has seniority over Alrik so feel free to do whatever you want.

I was surprised he went for the hatch even after you had posted.

Sigma: Cedric's question about state property had been over a private comm-link to Phaedra. Greer wouldn't have been able to hear it.

Wait, I am so confused... When did those people get onto to the roof and I thought we were already on the roof?

I re-read the last few posts and I have to note that Luca never clearly said that Henry is already on the roof and that he is going to cut the doors. He just marked turrets and sent the drones, he did not even typed about landing on roof. Neither did I. And if he did, then I missed it completely.

Unless Luca intends to use the CFC as a torch light, I think he's going for the hatch. Also, to see the turrets, he must be level or higher than the turrets.

Plus, I needed to hurry you along otherwise you might not arrive on time :P

Even if he didn't outright say he landed on the roof, my reading of his post gave me that impression. The way the post was worded seemed that he was directing the Marines to cover him while he went to work. Luca, was I wrong and that you had no intention of arriving on the roof yet?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back