• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

If this is the case, the way it works needs to be documented so that in the future there's a common resource to turn to regarding procedures regarding following orders.

I say we just take everyone's beer and cigarettes away(including the Admiral's) for two weeks and call it a closed case.

Which is why everyone will sneak off to a bar for the next shore leave and tear it up.

Kokuten said:
I say we just take everyone's beer and cigarettes away(including the Admiral's) for two weeks and call it a closed case.

I agree. That is nepleslian way!

I've made my decision on how Valken is going to respond and how he views matters. Further discussion is not necessary.

Am hoping to begin the next mission when I return from Singapore. Possibly with a Valentine's day theme.

I've been a bit irate for the past...while, but I'd like feedback on The Rifle if possible. What you see so far is the thing bare bones without any particular decoration, save for the tactical rails. Once the basis has been nailed down, I'll start with detailing the thing. But I can't do that unless I have feedback.

And yes, if you just don't like it at all, PLEASE say so. You don't even have to say why, though that'd be appreciated.

Personally, the stock is bothering me as it looks too smooth and insubstantial in comparison to the rest of the rifle. And the rest of the rifle seems to be lacking that something as well, in my opinion - it looks too much like an AR-15/M-16 derivative at the moment.

I'd make the stock more like a chunky-looking M4-style stock (not necessarily an adjustable one, however), instead of some bars, with a slim covering like it is. Because I agree with you, that it doesn't seem to fit the weapon very well as it currently stands. That and some sight-posts might be nice, however: it looks like an overall very nice weapon at the moment. I like it.

If you increase the size of the piece within the stock so that it takes up a greater surface area against the rifle, I think that'll solve the issue. Like this G36KV stock I know we agreed on a collapsible stock but I begin to wonder if a folding one is easier to make, design wise.

I agree that it does look like an AR-15 derivative and we should avoid that. One thing you can do to solve this is to add more bits to receiver so that it's bigger, wider. Add some curvature to the receiver area where the stock meets it. It should change the aesthetics of the weapon away from the AR-15.

It seems that for a large calibre rifle, its pretty thin. Give it some more weight.

I'll be honest, I liked how boxy the old design looked.

Also, regarding Sigma's newest post in 4.3: Sorry Frownie... :?

Cedric is just glad that none of them came out any worse than they did. He was hoping to take the brunt of the blame.

Yay for deception!

I am considering changing the Autonomous Action & Special Projects (AASP) part of our fleet to something else. It will remain AASP but different words. First, is anyone opposed to that? I personally feel that its no longer a good description of what the Fleet does. Especially when one considers the "Special Projects" that Uso liked to concoct.

Second, if you're feeling creative, alternate AASP names would be great. Prizes will be given to those whose suggestions are selected by voting.

Some that I've come up with to get you all started. I personally like third one best.

Aggressive Assault Strike Planning
Assault and Aggressive Strike Projection
Advance Attack & Swift Pursuit

But again, if you don't want to change the Autonomous Action etc, let me know.

Could but it would mean having to change a lot more of the wiki. The namespace is current nepleslia:4thaaspfleet. I'm willing to do that work when I get back from my trip but only if people want to.

Abnormal and Atypical Situation Platoon? I'll be honest, an R instead of a P would've been easier to work with. AASR could be 'Abnormal and Atypical Situation Response'. Still, it's not my place to tell you how to handle things. Just throwing in my two cents.

Asshole Admiral & Silly People

Remember Wire, the formal title is 4th AASP Fleet. There's more than just a single platoon of Marines. The AASP has to apply to both the sailors and Marines of 4th Fleet.

I love how the Chief makes up details about things that happened. :lol:

Cedric never physically tended to Laura. He covered the area, and that was all. He was the closest Marine who Phaedra thought of when calling for cover. He never issued medical care.

EDIT: Who could picture Cedric as a mercenary? Because this seems like the perfect moment for him to help jump-start an idea I was having recently.

Mission 4.1 said:
With little effort due to their near weightlessness, Phaedra and Cedric were able to turn the medic onto her back.
I think he's been on the ball so far. Turning her over seems to fit the phrase "tending to the downed Laura." If you can't take the heat, don't join the Marines.

Though, why do I smell an Avel-style RAGEQUIT in the air? She also wanted to go mercenary.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…