• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.3] Back Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
OOC: It is just after breakfast and the Eucharis crew has been ordered to report back to the hastily-repaired ship.

- - -

With her blue cap in her hand, Taisa Hanako stood on a large, open platform in one of the Iori-class Star Fortress's many repair docks. Behind her rested the YSS Eucharis. The repairs were rushed; only seriously damaged components had been replaced, leaving plenty of places still showing burn marks and hull patches. The shipyard didn't have any Ketsurui Red paint, so part of the pylons and engines were in the darker Star Army Hinomaru crimson, and dark patches of standard Star Army Steel Blue were visible around the main hull. The paint was so fresh they could smell it still.

Sune entered the repair bay where the Eucharis was waiting, with his bag slung over his shoulder. He paused to look at the ship, and her obvious incomplete repair status. Spotting Hanako he walked over to her.

He bowed respectfully, "Good Morning Taisa."

Straightening he continued, "Sending us out with her being not fully repaired I see. Obviously whatever our mission is, time is of the essence. With your permission, I will stow my gears and start my pre-flight checks."

Takeyu stretched his arms as he entered the repair deck; he was expecting a fully repaired Eucharis - but that's not what he saw. Oh man..., he shook his head when he saw the condition of the ship.

"Well, us techs are going to be very busy it seems," he said with his hands on his hip as he looked the ship over from front to back, before noticing Hanako and Sune in the distance.

He approuched the two, but didn't say anything as he heard Sune ask a question, and instead just bowed respectfully.

Manabu filed into the repair dock - unobtrusively, as was his wont - flexing his right hand and recalling how only recently it'd had a hole through it. It was as an aside to his considering the steps that had brought him to the Star Fortress, watching the freshly (and barely) repaired Eucharis awaiting, in all her glory, to be filled with her crew.

Having little money and less desire to spend it, Manabu used his leisure time on the fortress in quiet reflection. Which was to say, getting his hand taken care of at the medical facilities and then wandering about, people-watching: sometimes his fellow crew, sometimes not. Just nice to enjoy the universe for what it is, occasionally!

Eventually, he joined the few crewmembers meeting the Taisa near their ship. Manabu bowed, reverently. "Taisa," he began, before offering a bow and respectful nod to both Takeyu and Sune. "I hope the morning finds all of you well." He gestured casually to the Eucharis, turning to face her. "Beautiful." He added with a happy smile: "Looks ready for anything, doesn't she?"

"If by anything you mean another beating from the squids or a trip to the retirement home, then yeah I'd have to agree with you there. "Said Michael as he walked into the bay, something absolutely massive and wrapped in cloth slung over his shoulder.

"It is bad luck in my country to leave port on combat operations with damaged ship. Makes ship angry. But this Eucharis, she has seen worse than this, and so have her older sisters who are no long with us. I think she itches to get into the fight." Michael said, smiling wickedly. " To tell the truth, so do I. With this Due Mani," The Elysian, with effort, hefted the package on his shoulder, "I will show the NMX to the gates of hell myself."

"Good morning, Sune," Hanako nodded. She also waved to Manabu and Takeyu. "The essentials should be working," she assured the technician. "KFY has never let us down before." Michael's large item caught Hanako's eyes. "What is that?" she asked.

Meanwhile, the various sprite Nekovalkyrja arrived in a pack, falling into a small formation.

While Hanako was talking to Micheal, Yaichiro gave a light bow and boarded the Eucharis, various elements of the mission to come on his mind. What technologies might they face of his that could be used against them? What should he expect? Which design would be used against them next?

He tried to think of a sure-fire way to disable the Stellar Link Siphon stations, but short of a 1.25 AU diameter wormhole denial effort which could circumvent the standard Anti-FTL countermeasures on the station and move it to emergency power, the other solution he came up with would be to destroy the star...while either was a viable plan, and the first might cause enough of a power drop to allow the station's detection, he wasn't quite sure what to do after that.

He did not know just how modified the stations were, and while he managed to work out some backdoors in the software (and was wishing he'd made more intentionally in the design phase), he wasn't sure what changes the UOC and the NMX had made. There were several possibilities, but no certainties, and he did not like the situation at all. Most of the Stellar Link Siphons were to be used around stars without any inhabitable worlds, but even that wasn't the case anymore.

With these things in mind he reported to Engineering, quietly and swiftly...

Kiko strode to the Eucharis, greeting the rest of the crew along the way with her usual formal bow-and-salute routine, though she raised an eyebrow at Michael's bundle. "Is that meant as a metaphor, Michael-hei?" she asked him by telepathy, her "voice" faintly amused.

Junko looked up, wrinkling her nose, as she entered the docking bay. The smell of fresh paint wasn’t unpleasant by itself, but knowing what had caused its necessity was. She had spent much of her time up until the recall familiarizing herself with the Eucharis’s damaged systems and the planned repairs, even if all of the details of the larger battles were still a little unclear to her. Still, she was eager to get aboard and to work.

She walked further in toward the other crew-members already present. Pausing to bow to the Captain and the XO, she slid up next to Takeyu murmuring a quiet, “Heisho,” in greeting. All the while she watched three crew-members she had never met before, a little curious.

"I understand ma'am, didn't mean to sound ungreatful," he said in an apologetic tone. He then focused his attention back on the ship, the coloring, and everything along the hull. Still though, fixing her up at least a little bit while we are on the mission shouldn't hurt things. And who knows? he thought with a smile before he noticed a flare of movement out of the corner of his right eye.

He was a bit shocked to see Junko Takeda, a soldier that he had meet when he was first onboard. "Good day Takeda-Heisho, nice to see you again," he said softly as to not interrupt the Taisa, and then glanced back at the ship before walking casually toward the main entrance. Guess I'll check into Engineering first and see if there's anythign that needs to be done before doing my rounds, he said and stuffed one hand into his pocket before rubbing his chin with the other, thoughtfully.

Kumiko was a bit pre-occupied at the moment, so she more or less skipped the welcome aboard grouping, aside from a quick, polite bow to Hanako and a small smile at Takeyu. She made her way inside, quickly stuck the small number of things she'd bought right before coming back in her room, and made her way to Engineering, bowing to Yaichiro as well.

With Hanako's attention diverted toward their Elysian crewmember, Sune resumed walking towards the ship. He made his way through the ship noticing where things had been fixed and were cosmetic things were left untouched.

He stopped at his cabin, opened his locker and stowed his possessions. Time enough later to unpack these properly. he thought.

He left his room, and made his way up to the bridge. He paused only for a second to survey the bridge. All of the damage had been repaired, but it was obvious that the bridge had been damaged. The consoles that had been damaged were replaced with new ones that did not match the others, and the where the carpet had been damaged, the repair team had patched it with new standard carpeting.

He took his station, entered his access code. He sent a greeting to Charisma as he initiated his diagnostic and power up for the sensors.

The smell of the fresh ship-grade paint nearly made Mikael want to sit down and smile. But he just shook his head and quickly moved onto the ship, dropping his bag into his cabin.

The Caelisolan smiled, moving the package into both hands, and carefully wrapping it. As he did, he mentally replied to Kiko. "Only if you aren't familiar with my Religion, Kiko-chan. The Psychopomp figure in our texts wields a two handed sword. Similar to this." Lifting up his package, Michael removed the cloth from his new sword.

The Due Mani was a massive Zweihander-type blade, obviously meant for power armor use. It was two hundred-and-thirty four centimeters long from the pommel to the end of the blade, and weighed seven-point-two kilograms. The blade was somewhat thin and long, with a ricasso at the base of the blade just above the hilt, with parierhaken separating the ricasso from the rest of the sword. The cross-guards were somewhat long(38 cm), and curved upwards slightly; the hilt itself ended in a heart-shaped pommel; in addition, on either side of the hilt, perpendicular to the cross-guards and opposite each other, were two side rings large enough for a PA's hand to grab. The blade of the weapon itself was a bit odd: it resembled a classical straight-bladed double edged blade, but in place of a cutting edge there were two vents running from the parierhaken to just below the point of the blade, on opposite sides from each other. The fuller was also changed, replaced by what seemed to be a shield emitter. The sword was once again picked up, being carried over Michael's shoulder.

"Taisa. This is my sword: Due Mani. She's constructed from Nerimium, and is sized especially for a powered armor. I understand that this may be a breach of protocol, but I intend to add it to my deployment loadout."

Manabu had since moved on from admiring their beautiful ship and began making his way inside. There was little he'd be able to do in the way of serious repairs, and though he could sling paint with the best of them he figured there were better uses of his time and skill. Just a matter of waiting for that time to come.

He winded through the ship until arriving in his quarters. Already dressed in his immaculate SAINT blacks, he simply took a moment to center himself before making for the bridge.

Hanako merely raised an eyebrow at Michael and his giant and probably useless sword, deciding not to comment on it. Since several people had already headed into the ship, she decided to do away with her plans for a formation and just talk to everyone on the ship-wide intercom when possible. She carefully made her away down the gangway ramp and into the Eucharis. The moment her feet were walking inside the small gunship, she felt she was home.

The first thing Hanako did was to go to her cabin and briefly check on it. The room was finished but the large wooden bed she’d ordered was still in boxes. With a soft sigh of frustration, Hanako returned to the bridge and took her seat in the captain’s chair. She looked over the repair, spotting some scorch marks and cosmetic damage still present and some of the control panels replaced with sleeker, newer versions. Charisma already had a diagnostic report pulled up for the bridge crew.

"Please get everything up and running for our departure," Hanako ordered.

YSS Eucharis - Armor Bay

With the disastrous damage done to the Eucharis' armor bay during their last scuffle, there were losses of equipment and supplies which were quite the uncommon oddity in the modern Star Army, much like the woman which was checking over the boxed replacements which had been delivered at her request from the YC-28. Helen checked the tags on each box, before pulling out Kylie components, and storing them in their proper locations within the rebuilt armor bay. Though, she did decide to only have half of the supplies delivered to the armor bay, while the other half she ordered would sit soundly in the cargo hold... she was not about to lose all of her kit just because of a lucky decompression inducing shot from a NMX ship.

YSS Eucharis

Takeyu stretched his arms as he walked through the corridors of the ship; he looked around, noticing the damage that had been repaired. "Don't worry girl, once we are done with this mission, you'll get a nice looking over and your body will get repaired," he patted the wall. "Just keep giving us your full," a smile crossed his face as he continued.

When he got to engineering, he bowed to Yaichiro and Kumiko, then headed over to his station and took a seat. He glanced up at the reactor, then brought his station online and began to run checks on systems. Probably should run my own check on the sensor systems just to be safe.

YSS Eucharis

"In that case, is it not a metaphor for death?" Kiko pointed out to Michael, again by telepathy. She walked into the ship (the smell of fresh paint was a bit novel to her, but she didn't show it), and then to the armor bay to see if the destroyed armors had been replaced.

Engineering

Yaichiro acknowledged both subordinates with a nod, mentally going over what had and hadn't been fixed. He wondered if the image of the Eucharis battered and bruised would be a political issue if they met the Lorath or UOC. From their standpoint, seeing the mighty Eucharis in this condition might be negative to even laughable. Still, she functioned.

"...She may not look normal, but at least she's spaceworthy. The fact a Star Fortress lacks the paint and everything for a customized ship sure is a sign of the times, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back