• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: YSS Eucharis [Mission 11.3] Back Into Chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cabin 3

Takeyu glanced up at the ceiling in thought, his original reason for joining the army had been accomplished not that long ago, but now he had a new reason for staying in. "Originally? I joined both to protect Yamatai from the NMX, to keep the ships of the empire in working order, but also to find two of my younger siblings."

He thought about telling the soldier the story, but wondered if he'd even be interested in hearing about a personnel detail, even though he had told two others on the ship already but that was only because he had to confind the details into others in order to put his mind at ease.

"Would you be interested in listening?" he asked the soldier, looking straight at the man with a curious look.

Nathaniel listened with respect to what this higher ranked soldier told him. I wonder how much more people on the Eucharis fight for a similar reason. He thought to himself.

When the soldier paused, Nathaniel moved away from the wall and stretched both his arms and wings out, while letting off a small yawn. While he didn't unfold his wings to even half their full size, one would be able to judge that they where indeed of a very large variant, even for Caelisolan standards.

but also to find two of my younger siblings"

This sentence kept ringing in Nathaniel`s mind. He remembered the feeling of losing somebody all too well. But the feeling of having your loved ones lost would be something even worse. From what he noticed earlier in the room, there was a small picture frame on the desk. I wonder if that contains a picture of them. He pondered just before the soldier spoke to him again.

"Would you be interested in listening?"

Nathaniel`s attention was immediately focused on the soldier. "Yeah I am kinda intrigued by it, but if you could also excuse me, as I am also gonna get dressed a bit. As you noticed I'm a bit tired of the trip to get here." Having said that, Nathaniel carefully removed the uniform, making sure it wouldn't get tangled in the wings. And swung it on the back of the chair so he could easily pick it up again when he was gonna stash the used clothing away.

"However, I am wondering, is that picture frame linked in any way to your siblings?" He said with the exercise shirt over his head and pointing with his right hand towards the general direction of the desk.

Cabin 3

Takeyu glanced off to his side and gave a hint of a smile, the picture featured Takeyu in a working uniform, with a young girl look somewhere in the avenue of eleven or twelve of years age, despite actually being thirteen, she was wearing a pretty light blue dress with a red shawl with a light red hat on her head. A smile etched across her face, one of delight as Takeyu had her sitting on his knee. "It is, my sister Layven who was rescued not that long ago," he waited for a few moments before taking in a deep breath and then turned his gaze over to the -hei.

"Back in YE Thirty one, my family ran a mining business. We would take on contracts from various corporations, businesses, and mine minerals for them. We'd get paid depending on the tonnage we brought in, in some cases, we could spend month’s just accumulating minerals in a private store house - while other times it was a rush order. In any case, one of these mineral mining contracts was our last one." He stopped for a moment to give it some thought, pondering how to word the next bit.

"Several months before I joined the army, my family and I were ambushed by a slaver raiding party. We thought we could fight them off, but they overwhelmed our defenses and boarded us. My mother and father had ordered me to flee the ship with both of my sisters," he let out a sigh. "But sadly one of them did not make it; she was killed before we even got to the shuttle bay. I wanted to stay there and take her with us, one so that the authorities would have proof of the attack and so that I could revive her, and another because I didn't want to leave her behind, but the slavers were already firing on myself and my other siblings."

"We were nearly to the shuttle bay when my other sibling was shot, I didn't know if she was dead or not, as she was lying lifeless on the ground. I assumed she was though, a stupid assumption on my part, because once I got to the shuttle and engaged the automatic launch sequence, which caused the shuttle bay entrance to seal off, I saw her peering right back at me through the small porthole in the door," his face betrayed his otherwise calm demeanor, he still felt like an idiot for abandoning his sister back then.

"That was the last time I saw her, up until recently. We were on a mission to investigate a colony of sorts when we discovered crashed ship. I wasn't aware at the time that my sister was aboard, nor, that it was a slaver transport. It wasn't until we left the planet that I was informed of my sister’s rescue," he let out a sigh of relief at this statement. "I'm just glad she's safe, but I can't risk reviving my other sister, since Layven will require months of rehab before she can even function properly in society."

With that he looked away from the -hei. At least explaining the story again brought some relief to his heart, he once again found himself thinking wondering why explaining this made him happy, perhaps because he wanted others to know that everything could be taken from you in the blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back