• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.2] - Adjustments

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran

After being brought onboard the Yamato the members of the squadron were first taken to medical. Those who were deemed fit were then taken to separate rooms for debriefing. The injured were treated and left in medical and were debriefed while they convalesced. All members of the squadron had been advised to not speak about the incident as the after mission investigation and ruling was still pending.

The fallen members of the squadron were taken to disposal while being restored from their mental backups.

When the Yamato arrived the squadron was transferred to the Libra Star Fortress. The members were put in visiting quarter to wait. Atsui had made a point to check in on each of her people both on the Flagship and once they got to the Fortress, before being summoned again for yet another group of meetings.

While the convening authority deliberated, Atsui went to a temporary office to work on crew evaluations, and interviewing new pilots.

She received word that the board had completed its evaluation, and would notify her and the squadron of their decision at 1200hrs. Atsui sent a personal note to the Squadron to join her at the Ecstatic Pony at 1300hrs, and that she was buying the first round.

At 1150hrs Atsui had walked into the Wardroom where the board was meeting. Her instructions had informed her that the rest of the Squadron was not required to attend. That can not be a good sign she thought as she took a seat. Two dead, two seriously injured, that was more than half the squadron taken out on their foray into the forest. They probably have decided that someone has to pay, and guess who that is. Well, its been a good run, I wonder who they will give the squadron to. Loverboy's got potential, but I don't think he's ready to take over.

She was brought out of her thoughts as the board entered, and she quickly came to her feet. She recognized the Taisho as she entered the room. When called she walked up and took her place at the lone chair in front of the board. Atsui sat straight in her chair, a calm expression on her face. She was not going to give them the pleasure of seeing her sweat. She did not regret any of her decisions, and while people were killed and injured. That was better than what would have happened to the Civilians.

The board began listing the chain of events, the information provided by the SSS personnel, and her own people. Finally when it came for them to render their decision, Sorano stood up.
"Numa Atsui-Chui, Please stand." the brown haired, blue eyes Nekovalkyjra stated, her face unreadable.

"It is the unanimous decision of the board, that the members of the 21st Fighter Squadron, went above and beyond expectations, in their actions on Aqueous. That because of their willingness to put their lives at risk, all the SSS personnel captured were safely recovered.

Furthermore, it is the decision of the board, that this would not have been possible if not for the leadership of their Commander. So effective this date, the 21st Squadron is awarded a Unit Citation for Excellence. And Numa Atsui, is here by promoted to the rank of Taii, and that her duties aboard the YSS Heitan shall be expanded to include that of Commander, Air Group." Sorano paused for a moment to let her words sink in.

The Taisho then smiled walked around the table and stood in front of Atsui. Sorano replaced her Chui pin with her new rank and said, "Congratulations Numa-Taii, I believe you and your squadron have earned some Liberty. We will let you pass on the good news to them. Consider yourself dismissed."

Atsui bowed to the Taisho and the board. "Thank you ma'am, for everything." she said as she came up. She then turned smartly and walked out of the room.

She made her way back to her temporary quarters, and once the door closed she let out an exultation yell. The Diamonds were still her's and now she was promoted not only in rank but position on the ship.

"This definitely calls for a celebration." She said walking over to her closet. She pulled out a pair of black slacks that fit nicely. After pulling them on she added a black t-shirt and a small gold chain. She put on a pair of low heels, picked up her communicator, and a few other necessities, and set out in search for the bar.

----------------------------------------------------------
Ecstatic Pony
Once Atsui arrived at the bar she spoke to the bartender and requested a large table in the corner. She handed him her KS card, "Put the first round of drinks for my people on my account. Give me a bottle of your best brandy." she said to Baca. She took the proffered bottle and a glass and had a seat at the end of table to wait for the squadron to arrive.

Lynn would have been content to return to the Heitan permanently, where she could have been with the technicians again. Helping them with maintenance or playing her music quietly in the hangar while they were away.

But instead of the Heitan, she was on Libra regretting her decision to come.

But not all was lost: she wouldn't have to speak to either Tin Man or the XO on Liberty if she worked it right. In fact, if she could avoid speaking to anyone she'd be in good shape. Lynn just had to get through Numa-Chui's celebration at the bar first.

Lynn made her way to the Ecstatic Pony quietly, making herself as inconspicuous as possible.

Yaeko entered the bar several minutes after Atsui did, glancing at the sign as she entered. Well that's quite the interesting name... She approached the bartender, who proceeded to point out where the group was to sit. Yaeko walked over in her skinny jeans and extraordinarily tight and pink tank top. As she walked she spotted out the full bottle of brandy from the distance and the rather positive expression that Atsui was given. Yaeko acknowledged her with a nod and a smile before sitting down. "So how did it go Chui? From the looks of things I would assume that it went well." She quickly glanced at one of the servers and asked for a margarita before turning back forwards.

The Ecstatic Pony

Ricky Thurston couldn't help his feelings of elation as he walked through the halls. He had his interview recently and had found himself accepted in to the ranks of the 21st. He had done a little digging on them and had been impressed: a brave unit that had apparently been through a lot of intense fighting before he had applied to join the unit. Now their commander had decided to take him in to their ranks, despite his having never flown in combat before, and he couldn't believe the feeling of excitement that was washing through him as he made his way to the bar where he had been told to join with his new unit.

Approaching the entrance, Ricky stepped in to the bar, and instantly saw Atsui. She looked far different from when he had first met her: across a desk, in an office, under rather uncomfortable scrutiny for the job he now head. Now she was in much more relaxed clothing. A very nice change, in Ricky's opinion. He too had changed out of his uniform, rather eagerly, and had opted for a simple pair of jeans, some white sneakers, and a simple green t-shirt.

Making his way over to the bar, Ricky gave a quick bow to Atsui, "Ma'am."

Libra Corridor

Elisto calmly approached the Ecstatic Pony, raising a slight eye-brow at the sign. Ok, I was hoping it was just a slip of the tongue, but it seems that is the name, he thought with a slight shake of the head.

He had just finished making arrangements with his family, to have his wife and daughter move to Daichi where they'd be closer to him so he could visit them when things weren't so hectic.

After the interview, he had spent some time alone examining the book and the device that he had recovered off the Akagane and in both cases, made practically zero progress. It'll take time, he kept telling himself.

Ecstatic Pony

Entering the bar, he glanced about the area, his blank panels making it a bit to obvious that he was SAINT. Though the patch on his shoulder would identify him as a member of the Diamonds. Time to see what reception I get from my fellow pilots, he thought as he walked up to the bar and bowed courteously to the Chui before going to lean up against it and look the area over.

Ramirez Shoi stepped into the Ecstatic Pony about two seconds after Elisto slithered in. Except Ramirez Shoi was no longer Ramirez Shoi. Judging by his attire and the fire burning in his brown eyes he was now Ira Ramirez, full blooded Nepleslian, forged and tempered in the fires of war.

He was wearing a suit jacket, a pair of finely pressed black slacks, and a dark red collard shirt. The medics had done a good job on his body because there was not a single scratch on his boyish face. Ira had also tamed his fluffy brown hair with a nice warm shower.

Smelling of expensive cologne and confidence, Ira looked at Elisto. "Hello spook." He immediately would head over to Atsui's table knowing full well she had paid for the first round. "Bottle of Rum." He said to a waitress.

"Good evening Atsui, you clean up nice." Ira said sparking conversation while he waited for the rest of the squadron to show up.

Kayo entered the bar and stopped to survey the scene. This bar was nothing like the Safety Valve on the Heitan, it felt alien to neko. But then everything seemed a bit strange to her. I died on Aqueous, they told me what happened, but it does not feel real. But I can't argue that the events took place. Guess that's what I get for trying to be a hero. she thought.

Seeing the gathering of the 21st she made her way over. Even though the commander was in civilian attire, she bowed out of habit, "Good day Numa-Chui, sorry I am late. Everything still feels a bit weird to me." she said as she found a seat at the table. She turned to the waitress and asked for a beer. When the t-shirt clad waitress came back with the frosty mug she took it, thanked her and took a sip.

Atsui looked around at the group gathered with her. She took a moment to fix this image in her digital memory. Everyone relaxed, and enjoying themselves. She stood up, "I must be at the wrong table... because the whole lot of you look way to clean to be my Diamonds."

"But seriously, I just wanted to say that I am very proud to have been your Commander. Aqueous was a crucible for us, we have been tried in the fire and came out the other side. We may not always do things by the book, but we manage to get the job done." she paused for a moment.

"And apparently the top brass seem to think we are doing something right. They just awarded the 21st a Unit Citation for Excellence. So lift your glasses with me to toast to the Best Unit in the Fleet."

Atsui raised her glass and said in a loud voice. " Kampai."
"

"Saw that one coming a hundred kilometers away," Elisto said in reference to the 'spook' comment. When he heard the Chui he made a motion to the bartender for a beer and was handed one, he looked the contents over, curious and pondering whether it was truly right for someone who wasn't on the planet to actually celebrate.

After a moment hesitation, he realized that even though he wasn't planetside, he was part of the squadron now and the fact they survived meant it was a cause for celebration, so he was drinking to his squad and not to himself. I promised my wife I wouldn't drink while in the service, but hell, not like she'll ever find out... he said and poured some of the contents into a clean glass.

He squished its contents about a bit, before gulping them down in one fell swoop. Oooh.. hits the spot... he smiled approvingly and turned back around toward those who were assembled. Elisto had read a bit into the squadron, memmorized some of the faces already, and was intending on going even deeper to make certain he understood his new companions better.

Picking up the beer bottle, he looked it over for a moment before setting it back down on the bar.

Errowyn scampered in at the last minute, just in time to arrive at the table. wearing a simple off the sales rack dress of simple design with the price tag still attached and sandals, hair loose and flowing. Her sweats were folded neatly.

Pausing to get herself a drink of the non alcoholic variety at the bar, getting a weird look from the bartender. "I'm with Numa-Chui's Squadron," when receiving her drink was pointed to where the group had gathered.

She scampered over with her glass of chilled orange juice, just as Numa gave the toast, lifting her glass in toast along with the rest.

Only two people were familiar to her, Numa-Chui and Elisto. The others were just still unknowns to her. She ended up near Elisto, looking wide eyed at the rest of them.

Once the toast was done, she drifted off to a nearby table with a good view of the stars.

Yaeko raised her glass. "And a toast to the best damned flight commander a soldier could have." She took a sip from her margarita before setting it down and turning towards Atsui. "So, since we did get a citation, and I know that I for one got some pleasing orders, anything else we should know about Chui?" Yaeko gave a quick wink to her commander before leaning back in her seat and waiting for the answer.

Atsui lifted her glass and took another swallow of the brandy in response to Yaeko's toast. "

"Actually there is a few more bits of news. You will soon receive notification, but it seems that the Scientific Studies Service, wanted to show their gratitude, so you will find a cash reward from them. Some of you will be receiving promotions, along with Star Army awards from the Taisho.

Also you will get a message from me later today, All Personnel who were involved with the operation on Aqueous including two of our new pilots are being Awarded the Star Army Combat Lifesaver.

Lastly, the brass has seen fit to promote me to Taii... and with that I am now the CAG for the Heitan. Not sure if that is a reward or punishment." she said with a grin.

"Lastly, as this is the first Liberty we have had in a good while, I am serving notice right now. I plan on enjoying some more of this most excellent brandy. Then I will be heading out for stress release.... I will be unavailable for anything short of a combat alert. So if any of you get yourself in trouble while on liberty tonight. You can plan on spending the night as a guest of the law enforcement personnel. So what are you folks going to do with your free time, and extra money."

Lynn toasted with the... Taii. Then remained sitting quietly while reviewing the new message on her communicator.

Where it read "...and the conduct of their members reflect greatly on the Empire and the Star Army of Yamatai..." she snorted. The cruel irony of the statement would have made her flinch if it wasn't so amusing.

To Atsui's final question, she thought Play my volumetric keyboard and music in a quiet corner. And, once she felt she could get away quietly, made her escape out of the Ecstatic Pony and to the concourse.

Ricky remained silent, ordering a simple beer. He didn't even feel right to toast, instead opting to remain silent. He just gave a polite smile to anybody who happened to glance in his direction, sipping away at the contents of his glass. Even though he might have cracked a joke at this juncture, he knew none of these people, and so he didn't want to say anything that he might end up regretting.

These people were combat trained, after all.

"Well, ma'am." Ricky spoke up, "I frankly don't know what to do: I'm a relatively new face a round here. May I say, however, that I look forward to serving with this unit, and I'll see you all in the sky."

Elisto quietly sipped his beer, carefully observing those gathered. Let's see, if the information I have is correct. We have Atsui Numa, recently promoted to the rank of Taii call sign Solitaire. Ira Ramierz, whose rank is presently Shoi Kohosei, callsign Loverboy. He raised an eye-brow for a quick moment before shaking the thought out of his head.

Rick Thorston and Errowyn Yumeoibito, both are Santo Heis with unknown call signs. Errowyn being the person I meet shortly after the YSS Akagane incident she is also the only one I can safely discuss the incident with, he looked at his bottle and gulped down almost one fourth of what was left then set it back down.

He noticed another person and smiled weakly. Kayo, squadron administration. Santo Hei. Strange, I would've expected an officer to possess that position, but oh well, not my place to question, he then took the bottle and sipped it lightly before glancing up at the ceiling, then back down and over at Errowyn who he had noticed at a nearby table.

Thinking calmly to himself, he pondered what he would be doing after this is all over. "I've already talked with my wife and daughter, they'll be here in Daichi within a matter of days," he said and looked over at the Taii. "Though I do-" he then stopped midway and shook his head. "No, nevermind," he looked at his beer bottle and realized that he had emptied it entirely. He made a motion of the hand and the bartender handed him another one, taking the old one and throwing it away.

Turning his back against the bar, he stared at Errowyn, he still had to get some information from her in relation to the fighters she had fought. Not only that, but he also needed to find some way to decipher the book without anyone knowing, with what the Taii had said during the interview 'no hidden agendas' he rang in his mind.

His deepest concern was the race that Yumeoibito and he had fought against. It's obvious they are aware of the Empire, so I know we'll run into them again. I just hope it doesn't happen until I've deciphered this book.

I know the key resides with that device, it 'has' to be a communications device of some sort... of course.. if it turns out to be an alien can opener I will be pissed, he mentally sighed and popped open the beer and took a swig of it. It was much too obvious that he was thinking really hard, his dead stare toward the distant wall, combined with the persistent tapping of his foot on the ground. It was too much of a dead giveaway.

Of course, if we do run into these beasts again, Yumeoibito and I will have to reveal what we know and I can almost see the Taii's angry, if not, cold blooded stare in our direction that we kept something from her. Well, I can't really judge her; I have only just met her. And being that she's a Taii, she should understand the matter of classified details, glad I'm not a whistle blower.

His attention was drawn from his thoughts to the window, where he could see the stars and Daichii below. I hope my wife and daughter enjoy the home I am having built for them, though I wonder if the Taii wouldn't mind my daughter coming onboard the station every so often when we are on liberty... his thoughts trailed off at that.

Silic slipped into the bar silently. He’d been quiet lately, either working on his damaged arm with a slightly air-headed look, or heading the medbay for check-ups on his injuries. Walking up to the table he bowed slightly in apology and pulled up a seat without further ceremony.

It was apparent that he’d dressed up slightly, loose denims and a dark collared shirt with black strips, a dragon stencil coiled around his left sleeve, over his shoulder and roared on his left breast. It was also apparent he hadn’t bothered ironing, there were crease marks in them from the weeks in his duffle bag. His prosthetic hand was covered with a leather glove that went up into his long sleeves.

Quietly he leaned forward in an implied bow towards Numa and said quietly “Please forgive my lateness, doctors are too diligent sometimes.” Then straightened, he looked a little more tense than usual but calm. He surveyed the new faces, eye brows dropping underneath his dark specs at Elistos dark panels before looking away.

Ira cheerfully toasted to Atsui, and started guzzling down his bottle of rum. The downing of the booze however never came to an end as the random banter persisted. Ira finished up by placing the empty bottle down on the table with a refreshed "Aaaaah!"

He then answered Atsui's question. "Silic and I are going to do it all. I am contemplating ordering some of the quieter members to tag along. Some them appear to need a night of dancing and fun."

Ira was of course referencing the new spook, and Lynn who had thought she had escaped.

Ira then responded to Ricky. "You are with Me and Silic tonight. Think of it as a mission rook."

Errowyn nursed her drink, letting it get warm as she stared out at the stars, listening to the other speak about various plans for their liberty. The comradery between a few of them. Ears twitched to pick up the various conversations going around her as she looked dreamily out at the stars.

Tomorrow is my 200th day alive and the last 12 of them I've seen more action She thought lifting the glass to her lips and drank. Setting the glass on the table, seeing the planet of Daichii, she had go planetside and have a look around. Eyes lighting up with interest and curiousity as they sparkled in the ambient light of the bar. Maybe I'll catch a shuttle planetside for a few days. After I find out my assigned Kawarime..if it is an A1 or not.

She felt someone looking at her and she glanced around, seeing Elisto watching her. She gave him a shy smile and then looked away to watch a shuttle spiral down towards the planet.

Elisto was watching everyone, even if it seemed he was only observing Errowyn, it was just a feint. He had seen Silics reaction to the black panels, the same reaction he got from most soldiers who either had a mistrust of SAINT, or had bad run ins with them, at this point, he wasn't entirely certain which was true.

At least until he looked at Silics profile that is. Ahh... so that 'could' explain it, he thought with a curious expression. So trying to approuch him for a casual 'get to know you' conversation will be like trying to approuch an NMX Squid to play checkers.... it ain't going to happen easily.

With a gradual nod of the head, he finished off his second bottle and felt it was better 'not' to have a third. He set down the bottle and casually walked over to the table that Errowyn was sitting at. "Contemplating things?" he asked curiously while taking a seat.

Errowyn nodded at Elisto's question, "Maybe getting a trip ticket to the planet and stumble around for a bit. After I check on my new assigned fighter, pick up my uniforms from the Taylor." Smiling abit like a young girl all excited about something pleasant about to happen. Placing a hand on her folded up sweats next to her with an extra 21rst patch visible.

She purrrrs softly, motioning for another refill of orange juice, only to find out that her payment card had no funds on it. Realizing she had spent all of her money on uniform upgrades with patches and the dress and sandels she was wearing.

Turning to Elisto, "why is that man, giving you some dirty looks? You made him mad at you?" Nodding in Ira's and Silic's Direction.

Yaeko perked her head up. "Well I plan on heading out wherever the fun is, and maybe a nice, extended, sleep tonight. With our luck, we'll be woken in the middle of the night to ship out anyways." She quickly looked around until she found something wooden and quickly knocked on it. "So, who's up for some fun, eh? I'm willing to go with the Nepleslians, so long as they keep a little more distance then they have been with Hoshi."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back