Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: 21st Fighter Sq [Mission 3.2] - Adjustments

Ricky couldn't help but wince a little at the . . . "warm" reception he recieved. She seemed to be a little rough and almost instantly, the civilian-turned-combat pilot regreted having come over to talk to her. Regardless, he had to get to know the people he would be working with, and if they were jerks then they were simply jerks. She "left him hanging" so-to-speak, when it came to his offered hand shake, and so that hand retreated to be quickly stuffed in to his pocket.

"Well." Ricky's smile quickly faded, "I just figured that I should get to know the people in my new unit, is all." He tried a weaker form of his previous smile now, "So I thought I'd introduce myself."

The source of the thumping sound Ira and crew were hearing soon became readily apparent.

It was coming from a large structure on the main Concourse. Above and in front of the building a volumetric display was visible. It contained a variety of figures dancing and the word EPICENTER being displayed in a variety of ways and languages.

A short line of patrons could be seen entering the club.

::Libra Starbase ::

Errowyn was quickly enrolled in several courses when the receptionist returned with a counselor for her to help filling out the forms. a lot of the stuff was waivered due to the fact that she was serving in a vital role for the sector.

Errowyn smiled at the onsight counselor, with a soft "thanks," and left the place with access codes for several self pace independant courses to do when she had time to work on them. Even they had a deadline, but it would be easy for her to do.

She moved through the station, taking a different route to get to know the place she was going to be working out of. Walking down the main concourse of the Foxtrot Arm, she could hear the throbbing beat up ahead of her like a giant heartbeat. She looked around her at the various people drifting towards the source of the sound. Seeing them in all assorted outfits.

She debated on heading on a different course to avoid the large crowds seaming to grow with each step towards club up ahead.

"Ah. My understanding is that Ira-Shoi -- the XO -- is likely going to be taking people out for clubbing. So if you'll just consult a map..." Lynn stopped.

She was being rude, she knew, and despite it being her intention she couldn't help but feel a little guilty. With a sigh, she tried a new tack -- one that she was more familiar with.

"I'm sorry -- we had a combat mission very recently. Allow me to show you to the most likely place, Ricky-san." Lynn stood and began walking to the unmistakable sound of club music.

Ira and the small group would immediately head to the line, and commence with the best part of actually clubbing. The waiting part. He looked at Yaeko, then to Elisto, and Kayo. "This is gonna be a blast...as XO I order all of you to drink copious amounts of booze and to have a good time."

Ira was putting on a calm front, but Yaeko, who was on his arm could feel him trembling. Ira tried to hide it, but it was clearly that the sound of music, and the amount of people out side of this club had him very excited.

Was everybody in the unit going to be this cold?

Ricky's thoughts were brought to rest as she explained herself. Apparently whatever had happened in the last mission had gotten on her nerves. At least that was a sign that he (hopefully) wouldn't get that icy a reception from every member of the unit that he talked to. Apologizing, she rose up and started to lead him in the direction of the most likely place where the unit's commander would be.

"Well: I was just hoping to get to know the members of my unit. I don't want to infringe on their "me" time when I'm so new to the unit." Ricky told her, keeping pace just behind her, "After all: what could be more irritating then the new guy intruding so soon?"

Elisto looked the place up and down, taking it in with an appriciative nod of the head. "Now this... this will be fun," he said with a hand on his hip.

He heard Ira and made a mentel not to actually pace himself while drinking. "Glad the wife isn't here, she'd throw one mean fit," he spoke while looking at the other patrons, cautiously watching them.

Epicenter

The line moved fairly quickly and the group found themselves standing in a large open space with marble flooring on either side on the ground level is an entrance to one of two dance rooms. A pair of sweeping staircases along the walls lead up to the upper dance rooms. Above each of the doors was the name of the room in bright lights.

A pair of ladies wearing shirts emblazoned with the Epicenter logo and short skirts. "Welcome to the Epicenter." they said in unison and handed each of the guest a card. "This card get's you a free drink in the Decom area as well as shows what type of music is in each room." the first woman said.

Kayo accepted one of the cards, thanked the woman and looked around at the room. There were so many people, and so many different clothing styles it was kind of dazzling to her.

Yaeko grinned over at Ira. "Looks like we get another free round tonight! Which direction are you headed? Personally, any form of music works for me, so which room we choose posses little relevance to me." She looked around the inside of the club, glad she decided to wear more revealing clothing as opposed to something modest in front of the Chui. Lots of long clothing would have made her stand out.

A smile flashed across Ira's face as he took in the sights and sounds. "You got that right spook! Fun indeed!" Ira said squirming. He then turned to Yaeko. "Hey I am just happy to be here right now, I say we do all of it, and heal tomorrow!" Ira said holding a conversation with Yaeko's chest.

Ira would lead the group up the flight of stairs on the right. "First stop of the night!" Ira said as he held the door open for Yaeko, Kayo and Elisto to walk through.

"Oi! Ramirez-Shoi! Hey!" Lynn called from outside of the line.

But they didn't notice her over the loud music. "We're going to have to go in, Ricky-san. You ever been to a night club? I haven't. I suppose this will be fun. And don't worry about the XO's 'Me' time -- he spends it all on others."

She may have sounded a little bitter when she talked about the XO, but otherwise did her best to keep the newly-resumed calm outlook. She led Ricky into line, leaning out to shoot Ira a glare occasionally.

Yaeko smiled at Ira as she walked through the door. "Such a gentleman." She then leaned in a little bit and said quietly, "You might want to watch out, Hoshi seems to have a grudge against you as of late." She then walked into the room and waited for the others to enter.

Errowyn made her way pssed the Epicenter as all routes other than the main concourse, ended making everyone go by the club. She flattened her ears against her skull under hair as she passed by to lessen the noise coming from the club. She sean the others enter as she passed by the club.

/start/

"Need a ride, toots?"

"Depends on where you are going?" Konpeki replied.

"I have a few pick-ups to make, mostly downtown and the warehouses. Doesn't matter if I'm a bit late, managed to make a real ass of myself before I left." Silic winced in a show of embarrassment.

"Well, downtown suits me just fine. So what do you do when you aren't making an ass of yourself that is?" she inquired.

"I sit in the backseat and press buttons." he said, casually dismissing it. He nodded his head towards the line of cars and started walking again. "It's all about the glamour. Any way, what brings you out to the frontier?"

"Freedom... less people trying to tell me what I can and can't do or interfering with my business. So I am out here where people have more important things to do with their time." Konpeki replied slipping into her persona with practice ease. She was still uncertain what Silic was up to, but at present she was content to go with the flow.

Silic grunted in understanding as he rounded to the drivers side of one of the identical white cars. "Sometimes freedom is a matter of attitude, not location." he said as he opened the door and stood with his arm leaning on the roof. "You com'in?"

"Beats walking." She replied and slid into the seat, she took a moment to survey the vehicle, and to check the various controls present out of habit. Out was fairly ordinary, steering wheel, pedals, one thing out of the ordinary was that it was a manual.

Silic slid into his own seat and gripped the steering wheel, his left hand whined as it tightened a little on the black plastic. "You know, sometimes I swear they only keep things like this around for oldies like me to drive." he joked weakly, then hit the ignition. The car started with barely a whisper, electric engine firing up silently.

Oldies? Perhaps he is tad exaggerative. Konpeki thought, "Well, you do not seem that old to me for a Nepleslian. You look to be in your prime. So how did you lose the hand?" she asked knowing how most Nepleslians enjoyed regaling their exploits that often ended with them replacing parts of their bodies with mechanical. The concept to her was just a tad repugnant, especially with the technology available in the Star Army, why would anyone want a mechanical limb.

Silic chuckled a little bit "I guess when you're over three-hundred-and-fifty percent the average age of a group, you just feel older." he pulled the car out of the parking space and onto the road, the streets were fairly empty, not many cars on a new colony like this. "As for the hand," his eyes flicked towards the gloved hand on the steering wheel "accident at work. Fluke, really. Just lucky I guess." he shrugged it off.

As they pulled up to a lonely looking set of stoplights Silic turned to her, "Do you mind if we do one of my stops first? It's not too far from here."

Konpeki gave a smile, "Hell, you're the one renting this car and doing driving, so who am to complain. You are saving me a few credits, and I did not have to leave a record at the rental place. You been to Ryou a lot?" she replied curious as to how he knew his way around.

"Never." he replied, driving ahead. "I just have some very specific instructions," he reached into his breast pocket and pulled out a much folded piece of paper "and a map." How he'd gotten his hands on paper in this day and age was a mystery. Some people were just old school.

Konpeki looked at the piece of paper in disbelief. Paper? He's actually using a scrap of paper to guide him though the city. In this day and age where satellite naviagation aids are inexpensive. Really?? she thought and looked back at the dashboard, This vehicle has a navigation system built into the dashboard.... so either Silic-San is incapable of using it, not bloody likely given he's an EWO in the squadron.. That just leaves one logical conclusion, wherever he is going he does not want to leave a trail, and people who don't want to leave evidence behind them are usually up to no good.

"Paper, how quaint, perhaps you would like me to read them while you drive? she offered.

"Nah, I got this." said Silic, tucking the paper back into this pocket and patted it protectively. The lights changed and the car started moving again. "Got a fair bit of it up here any way." he tapped his temple to demonstrate. "Just gotta check where Temata street is, again..." he muttered to himself but Konpeki's enhanced ears managed to pick it up clearly.

The car turned a few more corners then pulled into a small warehouse, it wasn't too far from the port and was probably a prime location for local importers.

Konpeki took a look at the area. Daichi was a new world and even here in the warehouse section things still had that sense of newness. It contrasted with the traditional idea of illicit deals being made in seedy alleys. To be honest Konpeki's instincts were not 'feeling it'. Sure Vas-San was making dealings off the record, but her gut told her that he could not be up to something seriously illegal. After all who would take a stranger with them to something significantly wrong.

"Please excuse me for a bit." Silic apologized, and got out of the car. A man peeked out the front of the warehouse and moved to meet Silic, the two shook hands formally and Konpeki could just make out the two speaking before they disappeared inside.

"Who's the broad?"

Konpeki watched from the comfort of the car as Silic met his 'contact'. She captured an image of the person with her sunglasses for later identification. "Broad?" she said, reading the guys lips. "Really?"

\pause\

Lolli

Kayo walked into the dance room; she thanked Ira but doubted her could hear her over the music. She walked a few feet in and surveyed the area. The dance floor was obvious and she watched as the dancers moved. Even though many seemed to be doing their own thing, they blended in if one took the big picture.

Caught up in the moment, she quickly walked forward and stepped onto the dance floor. She took a moment to find the rhythm and started dancing. This was unlike anything she had experienced, it was louder on the dance floor that at the entrance, but she did not mind it. Here so close to the speakers, she could feel the music. It was not long before she was completely lost in the dance.

The inside of the club appealed much to Elisto, but it was more because he was used to catching criminals in such establishments, having to chase them through and in some cases, call upon the help of patrons.

He gave an amusing nod at the music and allowed himself to become lost in it, he casually strolled over to the dance floor, not far from Kayo and started dancing to the beat.

Ira wasted almost no time snatching up drinks, lighting a cigarette, and hauling it onto the dance floor, along with Yaeko. Ira immediately began dancing to the beat...with surprising skill. His feet seemingly floated above the dance floor, he moved his hips, butt, and even animated his face showing off dancing moves that would have made a neko jealous. Many of the ladies(and some of the guys began to take notice) and started watching the specicle. Ira did not leave Yaeko out. After downing his booze, and throwing the glass on the dance floor Ira waited till the song ended, and the DJ chimed in. Grabbing Yaeko's hand Ira shouted as loudly as he could.

"DJ! GEMME SOME SALSA!"

Apparently the DJ heard the request. "Alright..Salsa music for the man and his lady friend."

"Alright, just follow my feet, and try to keep up." Ira said as he twirled Yaeko into his arms.

Yaeko giggled to herself as she was hauled off to the dance floor. After drinking down a few fruity drinks she was starting to get into the mood of the room. "You are a very talented dancer!" Her claims were further confirmed when she was dragged off to dance to the requested song. "I'll try to keep up, but I'm going to warn you that I don't usually dance." Despite her concerns, Yaeko managed to keep up with Ira during the song, simply trying to act as fluent as possible without looking like a complete fool.

"And dashingly handsome!" Ira said as he twirled Yaeko around, then stretched out his entire body so that he was leaning at an angle to reach the straw of a rather saucy looking Neko's beverage that she was holding in her hand. He then winked at her and continued dancing. "If I grope you Yaeko, feel free to be flattered!" Ira said play fully as he continued dancing.

Yaeko was enjoying herself as the two danced around the dance floor, but that comment seemed to be a little over the line. "I'm not quite that drunk Loverboy, so I would recommend not trying it." She continued to allow herself to be led throughout the dance, wondering if Ira was going to be stupid enough to pull something funny.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back